Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Is this new? I think so, but now I am not sure.

Transfer points to other members

Now you can transfer your Finnair Plus award points to other Finnair Plus members for a service charge. When transferring points online, the service charge is €10, and when using our customer service, the charge is €20. From now on you can also give your Finnair Plus award flights to anyone you want and not only to your family members.
Taken from the last account statement.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Nothing new, has been around for ages. No idea why they push it as something new.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Isn't the fee differentiation new? IIRC it used to be 20€ for any transfer?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Finnair plat
Originally Posted by PaulST
Two rather obscure questions after booking my first AY flights.

I've currently got 10F booked on an A321 and I just wanted to confirm it has a window? There's no seat in front because of the emergency exit door, but I just wanted to make sure that the window just behind the door is mine (I'm planning on filming/reviewing the flight).

My second flight is HEL-HKG (1645-0725) and I'm keen to capture the sunset and sunrise. Should I sit on the left or right side? I'm thinking the left as it'll get the sunrise in the morning too?

Many thanks!
Check flightradar24 - sunset over Mongolia
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay99
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
What's the use of booking travel companion on the same ticket on SH flights as Plat? Easier seat selection? Anything else? On LH you get the economy comfort when available, but on SH that doesn't matter (except for LRH on A350?)..
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Does comfort really apply to all? That was news to me.

As for SH I'd say it is very important to book on same ticket orherwise seating will be somewhere between impossible and inceedible cumbersome. There is no guarantee that the companion will be able to even pay for a seat in ASR and at time of checkin seat map may be very limited. Sometimes non-staus pax are "locked down" ie at check-in 100% of seats are shown as occupied and only way to be seated together is for status pax to move to 58Ö or whatever seat is next to companion
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
Does comfort really apply to all? That was news to me.
Yes, definitely. Have used it a few times. Used to work with Gold as well, before the enhancements.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Does comfort really apply to all? ... orherwise seating will be somewhere between impossible and inceedible cumbersome.
Comfort has always worked for me too. But is there anything else except the seat selection? I'm doing a multi-city with a companion only on one of the legs and wondering if getting us on the same booking is worth the effort (or even possible, not sure yet)...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
For seat selection reasons, I always try to have everyone on the same booking. It comes really handy when flying e.g. trans-Atlantic w/ AA and you can seat everyone in MCE fro free, which otherwise would cost in the ballpark of 150$ per pax per segment

Also, I always thought that the free drink & newspaper for "your travel companion" would only be applicable if you are on the same booking.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Also, I always thought that the free drink & newspaper for "your travel companion" would only be applicable if you are on the same booking.
Whether or not two persons are on the same PNR is not visible for cabin crew. I've offered the drink to someone I've had a nice conversation with.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Yes, definitely. Have used it a few times. Used to work with Gold as well, before the enhancements.
Good to know. I am rarely in Y cabin, and last time it happened I wasn't even able to select any seat for companions.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi guys,

I just booked 2 LATAM tickets through expedia. All my previous flight bookings on OW airlines had always been displayed on my Finnair app as "future flight bookings" (albeit those previous flights were booked direct with the airlines).

Is this normal for LATAM that the reservation wont show on Finnair App?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Have you tried adding them manually?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by lkrt
Whether or not two persons are on the same PNR is not visible for cabin crew. I've offered the drink to someone I've had a nice conversation with.
OK, thanks a lot for the clarification on this one! ^ Good to know it
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi guys,

I just booked 2 LATAM tickets through expedia. All my previous flight bookings on OW airlines had always been displayed on my Finnair app as "future flight bookings" (albeit those previous flights were booked direct with the airlines).

Is this normal for LATAM that the reservation wont show on Finnair App?

Thanks!
I recently booked FRA-MAD rt in J with LATAM (good deal at 220 eur, btw!) and was first able to add it manually to Finnair App. But it really seems it won't stick there for some reason...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.