Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by sulkkis
I told I'd like to have champagne and some snacks. When she had served these she asked how I would like to settle the bill? I showed her my membership card and she replied this is not a credit card...

-sulkkis
You seem to be lucky for these presentations of poor service. To simplify it: Feedback --> 10k points --> enjoy your upgrade on the next flight.

Reading about her approach, could it be wife of the infamous gate agent, who has also shown enough appreciation towards elites?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
You seem to be lucky for these presentations of poor service. To simplify it: Feedback --> 10k points --> enjoy your upgrade on the next flight.

Reading about her approach, could it be wife of the infamous gate agent, who has also shown enough appreciation towards elites?
That's really possible I never tought about that opportunity.

However I really cannot say the poor behavior is the common way at Finnair. On the last ten flights I've made the staff on board has been great on nine out of ten flights.

-sulkkis
cistavoda likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have BA gold and AY gold, and would like to make use of the free drink via OWE, as well as the free hour of wifi via AY gold. In the past I have been able to play around with the FQTV/FQTS entries on the AY website, such that I received drinks on EU and domestic flights on the same itinerary, but wifi only on the domestic one. How curious.

Recently I have not had such success, and have resorted to only entering my BA number in order to collect tier points. I was wondering if FAs are able to procure a 1h wifi voucher if shown the AY gold card. (Or alternatively, if the FAs are able to serve the complimentary drink upon showing the OWE card, but then I have no desire to have the AY number on my boarding pass...)
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
[LEFT]I have BA gold and AY gold, and would like to make use of the free drink via OWE, as well as the free hour of wifi via AY gold. In the past I have been able to play around with the FQTV/FQTS entries on the AY website, such that I received drinks on EU and domestic flights on the same itinerary, but wifi only on the domestic one. How curious.
I've no solution to offer, but I am kind of curious where/how you have been able to access FQTV and FQTS separately on MMB.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I've no solution to offer, but I am kind of curious where/how you have been able to access FQTV and FQTS separately on MMB.
Well you cannot access them separately per se, but I found that once a Finnair Plus number is added, it tends to stick somewhere in the booking even once it is replaced with another.

For instance, once an AY number is added, then replaced by BA number, and the BA number subsequently removed, rather than the FFP field showing up empty, the AY number magically resurfaces. As such, I have concluded that the FQTV/FQTS distinction is probably at play, though I could be wrong.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:32 pm

I’m BA Gold but only AY basic. I have the same problem sometimes when I want to upgrade the flight with AY+ points but wnt to earn Avios or Tier points. Sometimes after the upgrade has been cleared the booking shows only Ay+ number. Anyhow, the Avios tend to land on BAEC. So there must be a hidden place to store two FF numbers. And I admit that my case is different from yours.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The latter case uses the FQTR field I assume. Ive seen it in use many times for the family upgrades (denotes what account redemption comes from)
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Snapped elsewhere on FT
“FQTV - frequent flyer account that the miles should be credited to.
FQTS - frequent flyer account denoting which status benefits to use.
FQTR - frequent flyer account that provided miles for a redemption (can be different to that of the Pax flying).
FQTU - frequent flyer account that provided miles for an upgrade.”

(just don’t count on any agent capable of using them)
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
(just don’t count on any agent capable of using them)[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Nor that all are in use in all airlines' systems.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It’s funny how Plat recognition differs so much from flight to flight. On HEL-OPO, not a word, but when I ordered a smoothie, the FA took a quick glance at the seat number above my seat and made no attempt to charge. Then on OPO-HEL, the FA said, Mr Ffay005, our platinum customer, may I offer you a drink. It was a quick and friendly way of doing the recognition.

Last month, TXL-HEL, I didn’t even remember to order a drink and settled for a glass of water. Only at home did I realise that I would have been entitled to that Platskujuoma...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
the FA took a quick glance at the seat number above my seat and made no attempt to charge.
Still better than being told you are being offered something explicitly because their manual says to do so as happened to me once.

OTOH this was a pre-merger US Airways crew who are illiterate and do not speak in full sentences so I am glad he actually bothered to read the manual.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Still better than being told you are being offered something explicitly because their manual says to do so as happened to me once.

OTOH this was a pre-merger US Airways crew who are illiterate and do not speak in full sentences so I am glad he actually bothered to read the manual.
I have had AA crew that was literally shouting "Thank you for your loyalty as an Executive Platinum member, you can chose a free food and drink item from the menu", I don't know if it was to make me feel special by at least 3 rows of the plane knowing I was emerald, or trying to let the other rows know that if they flew AA enough they would also get some free stuff.

Last time on Finnair (HEL BRU) , the purser (what is AY speak for head of the cabin?) came down to my seat for a chat, and had even noticed my JL flight from Tokyo preceding this one. FA did not notice status, but when I asked for a champagne she did quickly check the terminal and did not charge me.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have had AA crew that was literally shouting "Thank you for your loyalty as an Executive Platinum member, you can chose a free food and drink item from the menu", I don't know if it was to make me feel special by at least 3 rows of the plane knowing I was emerald, or trying to let the other rows know that if they flew AA enough they would also get some free stuff.

Last time on Finnair (HEL BRU) , the purser (what is AY speak for head of the cabin?) came down to my seat for a chat, and had even noticed my JL flight from Tokyo preceding this one. FA did not notice status, but when I asked for a champagne she did quickly check the terminal and did not charge me.
Haha, I ve had that exactly same experience on AA too
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Feedback has changed from 10K to 5K - anyone has other latest information?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Standard recognition & welcome talk on HEL-BKK before take off.

"My" FA was of Thai origin, and very attentive. It turned out that there had been a mix-up with my preorder meal, and they had replaced my reindeer with the lamb that was on the menu. I actually didn't care that much, the lamb was excellent, but my FA apologized profusely and promised to write a report. I told her it was alright and that no report was needed since lamb was one of the options I considered when placing my preorder, but she insisted.

Before landing, the purser comes back to me and, having heard about the mix-up, again apologizes profusely.

I've had preorder mix-ups before, but they've never taken it so seriously (and this time, I didn't even care since the lamb was very good!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.