Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Wait I'll fly Lumo and then I have Lumo tags tagged my Alepa plastic bag full of 1 year old Helsingin Sanomat..
Why Alepa? After all, you are flying an airline where the state is a majority shareholder. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to do this with a plastic bag from the state owned store?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Why Alepa? After all, you are flying an airline where the state is a majority shareholder. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to do this with a plastic bag from the state owned store?
Alko it is then.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Today on CPH-HEL a very low key recognition, which worked perfectly for me. Newpaper of choice was delivered and free drink with just a secret nod. I forgot about the different assortment in Y and J, but FA fetched from J galley.

Seat block wasn't even imaginary, as there was a very real Finnish youth, with Kånken backpack and Tolkien book, in 5B. 5E and 6 E was empty though.

Last edited by intuition; Jun 20, 2018 at 2:39 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: AY LUMO
What? Sir I in Y
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Not making it a habit!
NoWindowSeat, OH-LGG and SPBanker like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Best Plat perks are in Y.
ffay005 and CeruleanBlue like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

If we don't count lounge access, I agree.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

HEL-CPH. No purser chat or free newspaper offered. Drink was complimentary, this time I got the baileys from Y- trolley, served in plastic glass.

Imaginary seat-block worked splendidly for me. The two businetic-looking gentlemen with plat card in 5D and 5F was less fortunate. Another random very real Finnish youth, with iphone and designer eco-fabric tote bag, was seated in 5E.

4 rows of J, 3 J pax all on row 1.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
HEL-ATH. No greeting, but newspaper was offered. Free drink was served discreetly, I simply asked for a champagne and she handed it to me and moved on to the next passenger. I believe there was also a lumotic gentleman on board, one row in front of me in Y.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Last Thursday AY1331 in J and this week AY1332 also in J. On the outbound flight there was a very professional and quite young cabin manager who gave me (BA Gold/OWE) a very professional welcome, and got to choose my breakfast early. The same treatment on the way back, very well done by AY.

Off topic, was very happy on my way back from YYZ. I had BA-tickets (J and F), and after security control in T3 in LHR I asked the BA service desk if I could change flights from BA794 to an earlier AY1332. Was expecting "computer says no" or at least a charge of £100-200, but the change was done without a cost and with a smile, kudos to BA!
NoWindowSeat, ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by AndyA
No greeting, but newspaper was offered. Free drink was served discreetly, I simply asked for a champagne and she handed it to me and moved on to the next passenger.
Same here on HEL - FRA.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Great OWE experience on AA domestic yesterday. I arrived at the airport 40 minutes before the departure of an earlier flight to my destination. Walked to the gate and asked to be put on the standby list, where I went straight to the top. When they issued me my BP, the GA asked if I wanted an upgrade to First. ^ Arrived at my destination almost two hours early.

The funny thing was that there were five names on the upgrade list when I got my F seat. And the plane left with two F seats empty. I was always under the impression that they clear as many pax from the list as there are empty seats in F.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Great OWE experience on AA domestic yesterday. I arrived at the airport 40 minutes before the departure of an earlier flight to my destination. Walked to the gate and asked to be put on the standby list, where I went straight to the top. When they issued me my BP, the GA asked if I wanted an upgrade to First. ^ Arrived at my destination almost two hours early.

The funny thing was that there were five names on the upgrade list when I got my F seat. And the plane left with two F seats empty. I was always under the impression that they clear as many pax from the list as there are empty seats in F.

AA non-revs are shown on the waitlist also. So mayby they were no-show or something...
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005

Are you sure you did not mistake the upgarde list for the stand by list? It is very unlikely that there would have been people on the upgarde list, and not clearing in to empty seats. People on the lists, generally watch them like hawks. And Oneworld OWE does not put you into the upgarde ranking at all, so the gate agent did it is a favour as she had seats that had no upgrade request, but maybe needed an empty seat in Y for a stand by.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
HEL-VIE first row of Y: 8A random gentleman, 8B young master Lappe (6 yo), 8C me.

No special greeting or recognition from the FA, other than asking if I'd like a newspaper. Then proceeds to offer the same to 8A who is a bit confused so the FA explains that "the newspaper is free of charge for Platinum members, Mr Lappe". To which I note that I'm Mr. Lappe and she continues that there are two persons with the same surname on this row.
Did not really clear her confused look when I told that the young master is the other OWE she's looking for, sitting in his assigned seat... Unfortunately no latest cartoons available.
Later though she was very attentive and making sure that there was enough soft drinks for him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.