Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by spek
Feedback has changed from 10K to 5K - anyone has other latest information?
Got 10K feedback comp just a few days ago for a flight this month.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by spek
Feedback has changed from 10K to 5K - anyone has other latest information?

I got 20€ voucher because of wifi on a320. Was hoping for 10k points though.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Once got 100€ ....
but it seems some are getting 5K for WiFi, some 10K and some €
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:47 pm

Recently I took my first flight to Moscow on a flight operated by Finnair but the ticket sold by Aeroflot. It was obvious that there was no way of the staff knowing that I have an OWE card. I tried my luck and showed my OWE card. After some thought I was given a free OWE champagne even though I admitted that I did not know the rules and I informed l was prepared to pay and not to make a hassle.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by nordic
Recently I took my first flight to Moscow on a flight operated by Finnair but the ticket sold by Aeroflot. It was obvious that there was no way of the staff knowing that I have an OWE card. I tried my luck and showed my OWE card. After some thought I was given a free OWE champagne even though I admitted that I did not know the rules and I informed l was prepared to pay and not to make a hassle.
Did you get real russian champagne?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:56 pm

Recently I took my first flight to Moscow on a flight operated by Finnair but the ticket sold by Aeroflot. It was obvious that there was no way of the staff knowing that I have an OWE card.
Uh? Just put in your AY# at online check-in. Always works on AF-by-AY, so I'd think it works the same for SU-by-AY.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
It was obvious that there was no way of the staff knowing that I have an OWE card. I tried my luck and showed my OWE card. .
A while ago it used to be the case that I could see them offering finnair emerald card holders the free drink but never to me (BA gold) and I had to tell them I had an emerald card (never had to show it), so their printout had finnair status card holders but not one-world. Now they have switched to a smartphone mounted on the trolley with a seat map and occupied seats are coloured according to one world status. Now they almost never forget about me and pro-actively offer the free drink.
I still have some trouble - I remember with an asian flight attendant on HEL-LHR route who didn't understand that the status affected what you are offered for free and didn't understand why I was talking about the emerald card. Asking for help from another flight attendant was needed to sort it out.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
Uh? Just put in your AY# at online check-in. Always works on AF-by-AY, so I'd think it works the same for SU-by-AY.
Thanks. Have you been credited the FlyingBlue Miles without any hassle after putting the AY# (or in my case the BA#).
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks. Have you been credited the FlyingBlue Miles without any hassle after putting the AY# (or in my case the BA#).
That usually should work in a retro claim, as AY will reject the points processing, and the leg will still be flagged as uncredited. But as always YMMV.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:14 am

Absolutely. AirFrance does not seem to care about the (separate) AY PNR at all.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Booked my first award flight as plat and was quite impressed with the speed it cleared. This is hel-led-hel and the flights I chose where not the cheapest ones.

Do you know if plat service goes to your travel buddy with these? I'm thinking about some prime time holiday Finland ski destination award flights for 2 pax. Is there any hope thst something like that could clear as smoothly? Travel buddy has no status.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kanamurva
Booked my first award flight as plat and was quite impressed with the speed it cleared. This is hel-led-hel and the flights I chose where not the cheapest ones.

Do you know if plat service goes to your travel buddy with these? I'm thinking about some prime time holiday Finland ski destination award flights for 2 pax. Is there any hope thst something like that could clear as smoothly? Travel buddy has no status.
YMMV

If travel buddy is on same PNR then I would assume so. As a Gold I got told on the phone by one competent agent that they'll acknowledge my status while clearing both of us.

Don't know if they'll put thought into your status if you booked their ticket separate from you.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by riku2
A while ago it used to be the case that I could see them offering finnair emerald card holders the free drink but never to me (BA gold) and I had to tell them I had an emerald card (never had to show it), so their printout had finnair status card holders but not one-world. Now they have switched to a smartphone mounted on the trolley with a seat map and occupied seats are coloured according to one world status. Now they almost never forget about me and pro-actively offer the free drink.
A few weeks ago I wasn't on the electronic passenger manifesto or cabin seatmap, whichever it should be called, on a Norra operated flight. While asking for my preorder (yes, used the October sale), I asked for a Platinum and Emerald drink, since it seemed I wasn't about to get one. Didn't make a scene about it, but inquired curiously at what point would one perhaps get one. After that I was duly served a G&T with an apology. The purser told me that I wasn't even on the whole seatmap, so apparently I was a ghost. They checked my existence and status from the verbatim, printed manifesto. So no, the electronic system isn't needed for it, but it requires a manual check. More low profile for them to just ask would I like to drink something during the cabin service run, without making any reference to any FFP, what so ever. The whole experience is indeed very, oh, so Finnish. On my most recent flight I was even offered a copy of Kauppalehti, which took me by surprise.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That usually should work in a retro claim, as AY will reject the points processing, and the leg will still be flagged as uncredited. But as always YMMV.
You could do a retro-claim to FlyingBlue. But in my experience, the original PNR from the SkyTeam member still carries the FlyingBlue number, which will be credited without AY's involvement.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Has November brought a change in on-board recognition, or is it me dreaming? Seems to be quite consistent also on shorthaul flights (my experiences from OSL and BRU) that either the purser comes with a lengthy welcome-chat and/or the flight attendants give an extra welcome while serving drinks, as well as asking if everything is ok and is there anything else thar can be done to make the trip more pleasant? Coincidence I’m sure, but I have not had this long streak of empty seat next to me ever I think.

Even had one experience where I got both a sandwich and coke for free. I tried to pay, but the nice attendant told me that the combo is one line in the system, and it’s anyway cheaper than champagne. This was a one-off, though.

I’m happy!
Steve_Hun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.