Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zxcv1

Does this kind of service happen with AY? What about the checked in bags?
These kind of changes does require a carry on only trip.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Does this kind of service happen with AY? What about the checked in bags?
AY does not allow complimentary stand-by, and as a rule, AY doesn't do complimentary upgrades unless Y is overbooked.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by haapalainen
I got a OWE welcome with an awkward hand shake from the purser today. Somehow in my opinion the Finnish language doesn't work well in these welcomes as it feels super artificial when purser introduces herself and tells you their full name, flight time and to let them know if you need anything during the flight in a very rehearsed way. Some pursers do it more informally which I like more.

By the way, why do they always need to tell the flight time in these Plat chats? Probably it's included in the training but feels unnecessary as captain always announces the flight time on the ground too.
I got the Lumo hand shake again today, they are fairly frequent. Nothing awkward today as the purser did the Lumo talk in a very nice way, although the duration of the flight was mentioned, but was not the main topic of the talk.

But I also quite recently received a Plat hug as a welcome gesture from a FA (was Plat basic at that time). This was on a long haul (AY1/AY2) where I had the same crew both ways, had a great flight outbound and if possible, even greater inbound, with the same FA working on my sector and giving a warm welcome back.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by mhle
But I also quite recently received a Plat hug as a welcome gesture from a FA (was Plat basic at that time).
A hugging Finn? Now, are we talking about the same AY as we others fly with?
mhle, intuition, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by mhle
IBut I also quite recently received a Plat hug as a welcome gesture from a FA (was Plat basic at that time). This was on a long haul (AY1/AY2) where I had the same crew both ways, had a great flight outbound and if possible, even greater inbound, with the same FA working on my sector and giving a warm welcome back.
This reminds me of a DEL run where I spent one night in the city, so I had the same crew both ways. I had the same seat both ways, too, and they actually changed positions in the J cabin so the same flight attendant could serve me on the return as well. A very nice gesture.
mhle likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005
This reminds me of a DEL run where I spent one night in the city, so I had the same crew both ways. I had the same seat both ways, too, and they actually changed positions in the J cabin so the same flight attendant could serve me on the return as well. A very nice gesture.
Being a Finnish airline I would've expected them to change the crew positions so that the same person does not have to deal with pax who remember them from 2 days ago...
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by intuition
They are usually pretty good at detecting language preference
No they're not. They just read the manifest, and if it's not Finnish, it's foreigner language. That's how you get De Standaard on flights to/from BRU regardless whether your name looks Flemish/Dutch or not.
intuition likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:04 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Courmisch
if it's not Finnish, it's foreigner language
Sounds like my grandmother
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Courmisch
No they're not. They just read the manifest, and if it's not Finnish, it's foreigner language. That's how you get De Standaard on flights to/from BRU regardless whether your name looks Flemish/Dutch or not.
I tend to get baffled looks with a foreign name but typical finnish orders for onboard shopping. BA status doesn't help
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:40 am

My Plat talks come in English, Finnish and Swedish, in this order of frequency.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
They ought to put your customer profile language setting on the manifest, if GDPR won't tsk tsk.

But then again, I use selkosuomea with the Finnish crew, not usually English.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Thumbs up Outstanding Service

I got very warm welcomes, especially on my long haul fights and outstanding service by the (Chinese) FA. They really care about me personally on long haul flights. The seat next to me is not occupied normally. I got 2 long haul upgrades for free (not paid with points or the free upgrade options) within 2 weeks on AY102 HKG-HEL with the experience to be their special VIP guest!
Dieselross likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic

Nicely served g&ts for me and Erica and a very cool plat talk style: "well we have met before, how is life, what do you wanna drink, they say lemon is not good with napue [thank you for that the FT lads in J], take it easy and enjoy brexit." Bloody lovely.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
kanamurva by this time of your reports from hours of plebwing service and inflight salads, pretty much everything feels bloody lovely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.