Always a fish option?

Old Jan 30, 20, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Always a fish option?

Flying AY J from HKG in a couple of days, just checked the online menu and there seemed to be fish options available. Is there always a fish/seafood (non-meat) option available? I am pescatarian but would like to avoid pre-ordering a vegetarian meal where possible.
Old Jan 30, 20, 1:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum
They indeed seem to have a fish option on the HKG-HEL menu but it's not guaranteed that they wouldn't run out of certain dishes during the service. However, you could consider pre-ordering a seafood meal, which is one of the pre-order options in AY J.
Old Jan 30, 20, 1:06 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Plat, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
This is just based on experience, not a fact, but I’d say very very often there’s a seafood based option on LH menu so you’ll be quite safe.
Old Jan 30, 20, 1:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You may pre-order one of the main courses via MMB. You’ll see the alternatives for your flight there well in advance.
Old Jan 30, 20, 2:15 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
In my experience (not on the HGK route) there is not always a fish/seafood option - but there is always a fish or vegetarian option. But pre-odering solve this (also the pre-order meals can be the better choice if leaving from a outstation.
Old Jan 30, 20, 8:34 am

it is so interesting when people dont consider fish “meat”. it is the flesh of a living creature...
Old Jan 30, 20, 10:03 am

Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
Finnair has too many fish options! 60% of the choices on my last flight, one vege meal and the only choice of chicken for me as a fish allergy.... the amuse bouche is allways fish with Finnair 👎👎👎👎 atleast Has allways been on the flights I have been on
Cupart likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Jan 30, 20 at 11:04 am
Old Jan 30, 20, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks a lot for the replies. Are J meals (special or standard) on flights to HEL prepared/provided at the outstation?
Old Jan 30, 20, 11:37 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Finnair has too many fish options! 60% of the choices on my last flight, one vege meal and the only choice of chicken for me as a fish allergy.... the amuse bouche is allways fish with Finnair 👎👎👎👎 atleast Has allways been on the flights I have been on
I've had a few non-fish Amuse bouches, once ex-HEL this mush made out of peas and ex-ORD this mystery beef cube.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
I've had a few non-fish Amuse bouches, once ex-HEL this mush made out of peas and ex-ORD this mystery beef cube.

good to know. too bad they cannot have two on offer each flight. many people are allergic to fish these days
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:11 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Plat, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
I would prefer a proper plate of heated nuts, AA style..over any AY amuse bouche..
Cupart likes this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat View Post
I would prefer a proper plate of heated nuts, AA style..over any AY amuse bouche..
+1

That and their sundaes and I'd not need to eat anything else in flight.
ffay005 and Cupart like this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
My experience is based on SH flights but the fish food you can choose pretrip is usually quite tasty. On my last flight I had that and at the return the standard fish they offered. The preorder stuff was much better.
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
good to know. too bad they cannot have two on offer each flight. many people are allergic to fish these days
I've also seen them plop down glasses of Pirkka chips for kids who the purser assumed they would not like the Amuse...

A simple option of marinated olives would be easy to implement on all flights for those who do not like fish.
Old Jan 30, 20, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
I've also seen them plop down glasses of Pirkka chips for kids who the purser assumed they would not like the Amuse...

A simple option of marinated olives would be easy to implement on all flights for those who do not like fish.

indeed very easy

Search this Thread
Search Engine: