Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:30 pm

Great, thank you for the info and advice! I think I"ll be able to take it now almost like a seasoned veteran
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), *A Gold, ST Elite Plus
Originally Posted by NoiseFilter
My first flight as AY Plat is coming up in a few days to MXP. I'm not really looking forward to any kind of plat recognition small talk with the purser (stranger). Yes, I'm an introvert. I'll request to talk with the purser if I have a complaint, like my wifi allocation used by some crew member. Otherwise I'd much rather just enjoy a book, movie, music, drink etc. undisturbed. A few hours of calm time for myself is one if the best aspects of flying IMHO.

To those who have had the plat chats, were they usually awkward or enjoyable? How long did the torment last?What would be a polite way to indicate one is not really interested in it? Snatch a DND card from the hotel room and hang it on your neck?
Maybe AY should include an option for the introverts in the FF traveller profile, where you can choose a Plat text instead of a Plat chat
Although usually they just ask if everything is OK. And it usually is, so very short conversation.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, it's certainly nothing that will make you feel too uncomfortable. ^ And if there is something you need, like a pillow, or info on arrival gate or whatever, this is a good time to ask.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by travelmoments
Maybe AY should include an option for the introverts in the FF traveller profile, where you can choose a Plat text instead of a Plat chat
That'd be perfect for people like me! Tailored service experience according to individual preferences.
Maybe the option should be available only for Lumos to maintain enough differentiation though.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hahaha. I can hear that coming:
-welcome again mr FFlash would you like a plat chat today or a plat text?
-(grumbles) gimme that paper so I can write down my order when the service starts.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If you don't have a obvious Finniah name, then just great her in english (hello') and the talk will be very short. They are usually pretty good at detecting language preference early on and most staf are not on a conversational level except in Finnish.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
It has been brought up before, but ultimate digitalization of plat service would be the ability to place the order in the app and delivery first before the service cart begins to move. Granted, on ARN or OUL-flights one would need the cart for that service as well but otherwise it would tryly be a step up in the loyalty recognition AND would enable introvert plats to avoid talking to CS
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:47 am

Folks, just realized I crossed 200k well before Xmas and will hit 300k next week. No message whatsoever from AY Plus. Did they eventually run out of Bruce’s collections???
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I, too, crossed the 200k limit in early December and previously they’ve posted the link on the 10th of next month. That should be today and as of now there’s no email...
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Now that you mention it, it is the 10th and I crossed 300k last month. No mail here either.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My mail last november came late, somewhere on latter side of the month.
lkrt likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
I crossed 200k in November, and got the mail punctually on Dec 10th at 8:00am.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
First time ever I was served first as a Finnair Plat on the short hop from Stockholm to Helsinki. I sat in 2A and the smiling FA passed all three pax sitting in the first row and came to me. Quite surprising
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, it's certainly nothing that will make you feel too uncomfortable. ^ And if there is something you need, like a pillow, or info on arrival gate or whatever, this is a good time to ask.
Now onboard AY1755. Seven pax in J and 5 of us got the plat chat. I was the only one to get it in Finnish. The purser seemed to be quite fluent in English as well. The chat was really nothing to stress about even for an introvert. I feel silly now for even asking about that.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Now onboard AY1755. Seven pax in J and 5 of us got the plat chat. I was the only one to get it in Finnish. The purser seemed to be quite fluent in English as well. The chat was really nothing to stress about even for an introvert. I feel silly now for even asking about that.
ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.