Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AY*PL, TK*ELPL, AF*PL, HH*Diam, MR*Plat
I flew HEL-VIE this morning (operated by Jettime) and the FA was over-the-top friendly to the point of being awkward (I only had mustikkamehu, so I was proactively offered like five refills.)
Old May 19, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Sry for a small hijack: I have LAX-SJC-LAX coming up on AA do I understand correctly that I can expect free drinks/snacks, I am seated in MCE.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by juhanh
Sry for a small hijack: I have LAX-SJC-LAX coming up on AA do I understand correctly that I can expect free drinks/snacks, I am seated in MCE.
It is supposed to come from summer 2018, though not entirely clear when summer is. Some reports seem to say already now, some say not yet. I would imagine that they are running some test routes at the moment.

At only 308 miles, I don't know if LAX-SJC qualifies for much food onboard even the buy onboard might be very limited
juhanh likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
There is drink service on AA even on shorter flights but not much foodwise (usually a minibag or pretzels or similar). As said MCE has been lately quite inconsistent at least for me but your AY Plat should give you a free alcoholic drink.
juhanh likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
No smoothie for finnair plat in business

I reported this also in other thread but gotta post this here too.

Smoothie is only available in economy class unfortunately. That was the reply of purser on Finnair flight from HEL to MAD on 18.5. Departing 16.55. I was sitting in business class.

So much for platinum recognition 😆

Lazy ... service anyway on that flight.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Always, I've been also served Y class BOB drinks in J when asked. This should be the norm.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lkrt
Always, I've been also served Y class BOB drinks in J when asked. This should be the norm.
And the time I tried the smoothie in J it was not even mentioned to me that it is intended for Y.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just had my smoothie-gate and passed

Well, sort of overheard parts of FA conversation on another plat member(s) and heard talking about offering platsku drinks for numbers of Erikas or Eriks criss-cross and AY has paid some attention that, I did not hear well what it was about but sounded weird. Anyway, also they talked about something along the lines "oneworld emeralds getting free drinks too, since it is a oneworld policy, as if not just AY plat should be offered free drink but also OWE so that Oneworld bosses are not irritated" something like that - which, TBO, sounded pretty weird since I dont' believe much such oneworld "policiy" and wonder if just the FA was talking rumors and not just facts. Saying...
Old May 27, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
22nd outbound to CPH, I asked for a smoothie, the purser said "this is on the house, since you are OWE". Felt weird, as thats the first time they mention OWE instead of plasku.
Then again inbound on 25th inbound, was recgnised as plasku not OWE.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I was yesterday flying Finnair business to London and asked gin long drink as a drink.
Purser said it is only served in economy class. I explained this year alone 10 times I have got it when asked and then 10 another time refused when flying in business class.
Depending who you will asked. She said they have had talk about how everyone should get same standard service and I asked why can't we get menu where all available drinks are seen so I don't need to guess what are served and she promised to send feedback.
Hartsa and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
This is completely stupid. Same thing as in J you can't have Coke Zero - only Coke Light available. Drinks are not that perishable (except in front of us ) but one would think that also from logistical perspective it would make sense to streamline J and Y BoB offerings as much as possible to avoid carrying excess inventory on board .
Old May 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Does this policy apply to other OWE too? Always like flying with AY, particularly on the A350.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Furry
This is completely stupid. Same thing as in J you can't have Coke Zero - only Coke Light available. Drinks are not that perishable (except in front of us ) but one would think that also from logistical perspective it would make sense to streamline J and Y BoB offerings as much as possible to avoid carrying excess inventory on board .
It makes sense since J is kind of a black hole while in Y they track everything closely. Hence also the different Champagne bottle sizes in J and Y.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
But when they run out of Bombay Sapphire in J, they fetch Beefeater from Y.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
But when they run out of Bombay Sapphire in J, they fetch Beefeater from Y.
Wow, you must have been really rolling on that flight!
Steve_Hun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.