Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh, don't remind me of the garlic bread. I still miss it every time I fly long haul.
So do I! Luckily, TG and MH still have it
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So do I! Luckily, TG and MH still have it
IIRC SQ as well.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
May 1st HEL-ICN @Seat 2A, no plat recognition at all, no even a "hyvää vappua" .

Funny thing, they usually send me a plat feedback email after flight, but this time, no feedback email neither. So i cant even complain!
Old May 7, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Clydez
Funny thing, they usually send me a plat feedback email after flight, but this time, no feedback email neither. So i cant even complain!
Excellent idea! I have to start using this strategy at our company!
Steve_Hun and Clydez like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Apr 30 HEL-ALC no greetings, but when I asked for Champagne, the attendant went for the rhetorical question "You are Platinum, right?" then "Very sorry but we do not have any newspapers." Good enough for me - I was planning to rest, not read FT.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
May 1st HEL-ICN @Seat 2A, no plat recognition at all, no even a "hyvää vappua" .

I got that email 2hrs after departure on AY5

No plat recognition, but we got some extra attention because of our 4.5month old jr. aama so that'll do.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by aama
No plat recognition, but we got some extra attention because of our 4.5month old jr. aama so that'll do.
I think I spied you up front then. Very cute jr and decently behaved.

I got the funniest purser greeting: ”Hi, my name is XXX and I am in charge of service. If you get any matters please tell me - or anybody else.” Can’t quite translate it but ”get any matters” sounds like private ailments in Finnish (”jos sulle tulee jotain juttuja”).
Old May 8, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Within last few weeks, flying in J between HEL-JFK, JFK-HEL and HEL-TYO, the purser has come over on every flight for introduction and some chitchat about travel, destinations, Finnish weather, etc. Really leaves a positive impression every time!
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by HELboy
Within last few weeks, flying in J between HEL-JFK, JFK-HEL and HEL-TYO, the purser has come over on every flight for introduction and some chitchat about travel, destinations, Finnish weather, etc. Really leaves a positive impression every time!
Same experience on all my recent LH flights, too: to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Chongqing and Guangzhou. The purser has always come to welcome onboard presenting her/himself with handshake and also come to thank for flying with them just before landing, they've been also interested in hearing any feedback I might have had. It has never felt like an obligation for them, but something they were happy to do. Very positive impression on all flights.
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue

I think I spied you up front then. Very cute jr and decently behaved.

I got the funniest purser greeting: ”Hi, my name is XXX and I am in charge of service. If you get any matters please tell me - or anybody else.” Can’t quite translate it but ”get any matters” sounds like private ailments in Finnish (”jos sulle tulee jotain juttuja”).
Hahaha thanks! Jr. was pretty well even though he didn't sleep as much as we anticipated.

Yep the purser was awesome IMHO. I like more of the relaxed approach rather than old and formal.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have nothing further to add on the topic, just wanted to say I find it funny to hear about aama jr as he sounds to be almost the exact same age as intuition jr.
(sadly no flights for intuition jr yet)
Old May 9, 2018, 8:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Same experience on all my recent LH flights, too: to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Chongqing and Guangzhou. The purser has always come to welcome onboard presenting her/himself with handshake and also come to thank for flying with them just before landing, they've been also interested in hearing any feedback I might have had. It has never felt like an obligation for them, but something they were happy to do. Very positive impression on all flights.
Same here. Latest May 6 AY85 (HEL-PEK). Pre-ordered beef cheek was excellent.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
May 1st HEL-ICN @Seat 2A, no plat recognition at all, no even a "hyvää vappua".
Same here. No proactive drink or newspaper. It was on Norra, so what can one expect...
Old May 9, 2018, 11:48 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Today HEL-OUL-HEL, almost full flights, no seat block either way, no smoothie available ("first day of new smoothie"). OUL-HEL was almost full flight, I had only a large laptop case that I stored in the overhead bin during Group 1 boarding. When last person had boarded and there was no overhead space available for their carry-on bags, member of cabin crew took my laptop case out of overhead and told me to store it under the seat.

Real platinum experience. What if I was travelling with my full carry-on quota (2 carry-on bags + 1 personal item), should I then borrow also my neighbours underseat storage space to fit all three onboard?
Old May 9, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Wow. I guess that's one more reason to preassign yourself an exit row seat for free, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.