Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by intuition
BA silver is sapphire, right? Sadly, new rules says only emeralds are granted access to premium lounge.

The time before DEL flight is not the busiest time so lounges will be relaxed. For your return, around 15.00, is worse. The absolute peak is the hours before the afternoon wave around 17.00. 15.00 might be in before the peak though, so if you have time just try.
Wasn't it that Sapphires get access to the Premium Lounge during non-peak hours?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Wasn't it that Sapphires get access to the Premium Lounge during non-peak hours?
All Sapphires or was it just AY Golds?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AY+
On their page it´s entrance just for Gold and Saphire can buy the entrance outside peak hours
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, the web page has been updated to say AY plat, gold and oneworld emeralds have access to premium and no one else.
The peak hour thing is not mentioned on AY pages, but have been reported a few times here. My guess is that either AY is trying to ease in to the new rule or there just isnt any consistency in how staff applies the new rules. But unless the web page is wrong, then any sapphire admittance is fluke.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does a passenger flying in BA or AY C to LHR and connecting same-day to BA F, do they have access to the Premium Lounge?
I did on such an itinerary a couple of weeks ago (OWS). It was a morning LHR flight.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by wlbatl
I did on such an itinerary a couple of weeks ago (OWS). It was a morning LHR flight.
You got in because OWS.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
All Sapphires or was it just AY Golds?
AY Golds have all-access to the Premium Lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Yeah, the bathroom on the premium side is ridiculously small for the capasity of the lounge (at peak times)..really a joke, some might say..maybe the idea was/is that people use the shower rooms but then again that doesn't make much sense, does it..as people who want to shower want a cleaned/refreshed room with new towels etc..not a public toilet room..not long ago I needed to wait 20mins for a clean shower room, even though they were all empty they hadn't been attended to. Not very "premium" feel but must say the staff was more than apologetic about it.
I have pointed out this too, since I see all people go for toilet in the showers, which is of course not the purpose.
And they were not apologetic all about it, rather indifferent so I guess there will never be an improvement
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Still 2 questions, I haven't been really much to premium lounge for some time, how do you see load factor there after rule changes, and is there any upgrade with the warm food option?
Thanks for data point
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
I have pointed out this too, since I see all people go for toilet in the showers, which is of course not the purpose.
And they were not apologetic all about it, rather indifferent so I guess there will never be an improvement
I just use the large handicap/baby changing bathroom just to the right of the premium lounge door.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by FFlash
Still 2 questions, I haven't been really much to premium lounge for some time, how do you see load factor there after rule changes, and is there any upgrade with the warm food option?
Thanks for data point
Probably not the whole truth, but at least three weeks ago on a Friday morning around 6.30-7.30 it was very empty... Didn't notice any real change/improvement in the offerings compared to last spring.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
Originally Posted by ffay005
This is what AY hopes you'll do. However, if there's a long layover when coming from ORD, you can visit the Premium lounge before heading to passport control and the Schengen side. If i remember right, it might require some arguing with the dragon, though.
Originally Posted by aaliz
So I will be connecting in Helsinki, flying ORD to HEL, then to Tallinn. Returning Tallinn-HEL-ORD.
Since the Premium lounge is located in the non-schengen area, does that mean I can only access the lounge on the return? (I'm OW Emerald).
Just thought I would follow up to let people know what happened. They allowed me in with no issue. She did let me know I should leave with plenty of time to make my flight and told me about the lounge in the schengen area. It also wasn't crowded yet, but I was one of the first off the plane too.
So, all good
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
What's the premium lounge breakfast like? Is there more to expect than the never-changing scrambled eggs and chicken sausages of the Schengen lounge?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 2:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I seriously doubt that the breakfast will be different. It is the premium feeling of eating those scrambled egs in purple lighting that makes you appreciate it so much more!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
And don't forget the cloud projections on the walls!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.