Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
It seems that someone at AY has noted our towel discussion. This is from the latest Blue Wings:
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
now it makes sense that the Finnish dude lately used a towel...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by cistavoda
It seems that someone at AY has noted our towel discussion. This is from the latest Blue Wings:
Good to know
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
they should remove the seat covers then, or are you supposed to sit on them with your towel?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:07 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
They now have Pillitteri ice wine, very nice!

Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by SPBanker
They now have Pillitteri ice wine, very nice!
This is really great news!

Luckily sauna-text still doesn't mandate that you wear towel, you just need to have it
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by reflektia
This is really great news!

Luckily sauna-text still doesn't mandate that you wear towel, you just need to have it
Shh! Don't let the FinnairPlusRep know!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Shh! Don't let the FinnairPlusRep know!
She won't care
Would she only care to organize us a Finnair Sauna soon, compiled with the AY user experience meeting = cracking the booking engine first until headache, then a well-deserved relief
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold(OWS), IHG Gold(Plat Ambassador soon maybe), Accor Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Have visited many times but have always missed the sauna because the closets to keep your handluggage are just way too small. And when I usually have 1000 euros with me when starting a long international trip (cash gives way better exchange rates) there's no way I'm leaving my carry-on somewhere without protection.

Finnair please get good big enough lockable closets for use and not let this sauna go to waste. Or can I leave my handluggage to reception or somewhere?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Ramitran
Have visited many times but have always missed the sauna because the closets to keep your handluggage are just way too small. And when I usually have 1000 euros with me when starting a long international trip (cash gives way better exchange rates) there's no way I'm leaving my carry-on somewhere without protection.

Finnair please get good big enough lockable closets for use and not let this sauna go to waste. Or can I leave my handluggage to reception or somewhere?
Just put the money in a ziplock and take it with you 😃😃😃😉😉
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I'm surprised I haven't found any discussion about AY changing the entry requirements to their Premium Lounge.

Apparently this is the case now (oneworld.com): "This lounge is exclusively for oneworld Emerald card holders and their guests. Finnish Sauna is hot and available all day long."

Finnair.com: "Available exclusively for Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members (+ one guest), and oneworld Emerald cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by a oneworld airline."

Last time I visited was in January (damn those Schengen area departures!) and Sapphire members were very much welcomed. I don't know how much the Finnair site can be trusted, since it claims the following about the normal lounge:

"Free of charge for Finnair Business Class customers and Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members (+ one guest with Finnair Plus Platinum or Gold cardholders), and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by Finnair (AY code on the ticket)."

This would mean that non-AY OW Sapphire members travelling on AY with an AA coded ticket have no lounge access, which of course is not true.

Is the change in the rules for the Premium Lounge a seasonal thing for the summer or permanent? Or is it something that they want to have written down strictly, but then don't follow strictly at non-peak hours? I've visited the lounge about ten times and it has been pretty empty or half-empty most of the time. I assume it gets crowded before the Asian flights depart, but have only one experience of leaving at around that time, so can't really say anything for sure.

It's a pity if us Sapphires will lose this benefit, but after what AA did to us, it was expected.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Alec84
Or is it something that they want to have written down strictly, but then don't follow strictly at non-peak hours?
I guess this is the case as there have been reports of Sapphires getting into the Premium side. They probably just don't want to advertise it to Sapphires causing it to overflow at peak hours as I don't think neither Golds or Sapphires are allowed at that time.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Alec84
I'm surprised I haven't found any discussion about AY changing the entry requirements to their Premium Lounge.

Apparently this is the case now (oneworld.com): "This lounge is exclusively for oneworld Emerald card holders and their guests. Finnish Sauna is hot and available all day long."

Finnair.com: "Available exclusively for Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members (+ one guest), and oneworld Emerald cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by a oneworld airline."

Last time I visited was in January (damn those Schengen area departures!) and Sapphire members were very much welcomed. I don't know how much the Finnair site can be trusted, since it claims the following about the normal lounge:

"Free of charge for Finnair Business Class customers and Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members (+ one guest with Finnair Plus Platinum or Gold cardholders), and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire cardholders (+ one guest), when the departure flight is marketed by Finnair (AY code on the ticket)."

This would mean that non-AY OW Sapphire members travelling on AY with an AA coded ticket have no lounge access, which of course is not true.

Is the change in the rules for the Premium Lounge a seasonal thing for the summer or permanent? Or is it something that they want to have written down strictly, but then don't follow strictly at non-peak hours? I've visited the lounge about ten times and it has been pretty empty or half-empty most of the time. I assume it gets crowded before the Asian flights depart, but have only one experience of leaving at around that time, so can't really say anything for sure.

It's a pity if us Sapphires will lose this benefit, but after what AA did to us, it was expected.
I'm a Sapphire. When I landed during the afternoon rush from ORD last month, I was told I could not use the Premium lounge, only the business lounge. I hung out for a bit, walked around the airport (I had a long layover) and then when I stopped by later after the afternoon crowds were gone, I was invited into the Premium lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
I guess this is the case as there have been reports of Sapphires getting into the Premium side. They probably just don't want to advertise it to Sapphires causing it to overflow at peak hours as I don't think neither Golds or Sapphires are allowed at that time.
Thank you, I really hope that it's how you said. I have a trip coming up for which I specifically chose to fly AY to the US (via ORD) because I wanted to spend some time at the Premium Lounge. I usually prefer going through LHR even though most people dislike that airport

I wonder if the lounge(s) will be crowded prior to a Saturday 17:35 departure.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I'm a Sapphire. When I landed during the afternoon rush from ORD last month, I was told I could not use the Premium lounge, only the business lounge. I hung out for a bit, walked around the airport (I had a long layover) and then when I stopped by later after the afternoon crowds were gone, I was invited into the Premium lounge.
That is great news! Around what time did you enter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.