Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by jmmi
Sad to hear about the food offerings – AY is changing the lounge operator at HEL (see this thread) and once the news broke, the food quality in the lounges dropped.

I'll be having breakfast in the premium lounge tomorrow, let's see if it's just porridge.
This morning it was porridge, blueberry crepes, sausages and those egg things.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
In Schengen lounge they had a celebratory cake today in the morning, which was quite a nice idea. I guess/hope it will be there the whole month.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Does either of the lounges ever open early or close late for the poor .......s who leave to Gazipasa or similar destinations at 5am?
Old May 14, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Alec84
Does either of the lounges ever open early or close late for the poor .......s who leave to Gazipasa or similar destinations at 5am?
They certainly close early. Got refused entry at 11:20PM when they close at midnight.

I believe they open exactly at 6AM.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I believe they open exactly at 6AM.
In principles, they do. They certainly were not open before 6AM the one time I tried.

(I avoid early morning flights like a plague, and lounge access is not even the main demotivator.)
Old May 14, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Thanks guys, that's what I thought too. I think my 5h in the lounge prior to an non-Schengen flight last month compensates for the loss of lounge this time
Old May 15, 2017, 12:31 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by dera
This morning it was porridge, blueberry crepes, sausages and those egg things.
This morning there were fried wieners, small egg-omelettes, oatmeal porridge, plain cold cuts and cheese, bread and butter, youghurt, müsli. Not very premium at all, about which I mentioned to one the waitresses. They promised to convey my complaint. Next time Almost Home!
Old May 15, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Now this afternoon there is pasta carbonara or mushroom soup available as warm dishes and the usual cold cuts. Also, the lounge is absolutely packed. Hard to even find a place to stand.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:43 pm

I wish Japan Airlines still allowed access to the almost @ home lounge. I've been to the premium lounge a number of times and never found it was overly premium in comparison to other "flagship" lounges, e.g. BA or IB, let alone CX or JL. The design is nice, the sauna is nice, but in terms of food options and space it is really lacking, sadly. With the recent developments documented here I can't say I'm really looking forward to my layover in early June. I did usually enjoy the cold items. Hot items were however, if at all available, not replenished steadily. Crowding was always an issue, as one would expect for a 5pm departure. My only hope is that it will be less busy on a Sunday. I'll try to report back on the status of the offerings.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), NH Super Flyers & Platinum (SAG), DL Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
I wish Japan Airlines still allowed access to the almost @ home lounge...
BTW every time I use the Premium Lounge at HEL I'm surprised what a lot of Japanese passengers there are. Most of them seem to have JMB Diamond and/or JGC Premier statuses and to fly with JL414. JAL should invest in improving the environment of premium lounge
Old May 23, 2017, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I wish Japan Airlines still allowed access to the almost @ home lounge. I've been to the premium lounge a number of times and never found it was overly premium in comparison to other "flagship" lounges, e.g. BA or IB, let alone CX or JL. The design is nice, the sauna is nice, but in terms of food options and space it is really lacking, sadly. With the recent developments documented here I can't say I'm really looking forward to my layover in early June. I did usually enjoy the cold items. Hot items were however, if at all available, not replenished steadily. Crowding was always an issue, as one would expect for a 5pm departure. My only hope is that it will be less busy on a Sunday. I'll try to report back on the status of the offerings.
I was there on Sunday the 21st of May for JL414, it was a zoo of people. My guess is around 20 people standing or wandering around looking for seats. And quite a lot like me, coming in taking a quick look around and leaving at once again. AY already shoehorned the seating fairly densly, so I guess it is time to find some more space if they want to keep expanding their long haul operations.

Originally Posted by mogumogu
BTW every time I use the Premium Lounge at HEL I'm surprised what a lot of Japanese passengers there are. Most of them seem to have JMB Diamond and/or JGC Premier statuses and to fly with JL414. JAL should invest in improving the environment of premium lounge
Apart from the JL flight, AY also has some Japan bound flights at roughly the same time lifting the number Japanese passengers. That being said, I am also kind of surprised how many JL emerald members there seem to be on all my JL flights.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was there on Sunday the 21st of May for JL414, it was a zoo of people. My guess is around 20 people standing or wandering around looking for seats. And quite a lot like me, coming in taking a quick look around and leaving at once again. AY already shoehorned the seating fairly densly, so I guess it is time to find some more space if they want to keep expanding their long haul operations.
Wow, that certainly sounds unpleasant. At what time did you get there? We'll spend the night before our flight in Helsinki, so we are rather flexible with our arrival time at the airport. I'd rather arrive an hour early and find a seat.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Wow, that certainly sounds unpleasant. At what time did you get there? We'll spend the night before our flight in Helsinki, so we are rather flexible with our arrival time at the airport. I'd rather arrive an hour early and find a seat.
I arrived just before 4pm. The front desk was proudly declaring it to be a busy time of day, like it was a good sign to be overcrowded. No 'I am sorry but,' or any attempt to pretend it was an undesirable situation.
​​​​
Old May 30, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum
I agree the Premium lounge can be cramped for space, but in my experience its never a situation that lasts for hours, but of course if you got an hour to spend and its full of people, that's not great. I still think the old version of the regular non-schengen lounge was comfier and better than the current premium lounge.

I flew out for Seoul on the 5:30 AY flight and about an hour before the flight, the premium lounge got really fully, but it was rather empty the previous three hours which I had/got to spend there.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by RiotPelaaja
I still think the old version of the regular non-schengen lounge was comfier and better than the current premium lounge.
There was less room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.