Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Alec84
Thank you, I really hope that it's how you said. I have a trip coming up for which I specifically chose to fly AY to the US (via ORD) because I wanted to spend some time at the Premium Lounge. I usually prefer going through LHR even though most people dislike that airport

I wonder if the lounge(s) will be crowded prior to a Saturday 17:35 departure.
Not the most desirable timing
Rush hours are ~15:00-17:00 and I think ORD lands just before 15:00.

Access to Premium lounge is strictly OWE and AY+ Plat/Gold:
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...irport/lounges

That was changed this summer and don't know how strictly it's enforced, just give it a try
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Not the most desirable timing
Rush hours are ~15:00-17:00 and I think ORD lands just before 15:00.

Access to Premium lounge is strictly OWE and AY+ Plat/Gold:
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/inform...irport/lounges

That was changed this summer and don't know how strictly it's enforced, just give it a try

Yeah, that's a bad time to be at HEL. I hope the departure day being a Saturday will help me a bit or that the flight will be delayed for a few hours. I'll post here after finding out how it goes. Luckily I have another non-Schengen departure later this year at around 7pm, so might have better luck then.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
?..
I wonder if the lounge(s) will be crowded prior to a Saturday 17:35 departure.
It probably will. That is at the end of the afternoon wave. For instance, between 17:15 and 17:35 there are 4 flights leaving for Japan, 1 for PVG and 1 for ICN besides the ORD flight. These travellers will be looking for lounge at the same time you are.

Last edited by intuition; Aug 14, 2016 at 4:33 am Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
That is great news! Around what time did you enter?
The Chicago flight arrived around 3:00pm; that's when I was denied entry to the Premium Lounge (and the whole lounge area was packed.)

My connection took off at 8:30pm, so I'm thinking I returned around 5:30 or so (I don't remember exactly) and was admitted to a pretty empty, but beautiful, lounge.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
So I will be connecting in Helsinki, flying ORD to HEL, then to Tallinn. Returning Tallinn-HEL-ORD.
Since the Premium lounge is located in the non-schengen area, does that mean I can only access the lounge on the return? (I'm OW Emerald).
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by aaliz
So I will be connecting in Helsinki, flying ORD to HEL, then to Tallinn. Returning Tallinn-HEL-ORD.
Since the Premium lounge is located in the non-schengen area, does that mean I can only access the lounge on the return? (I'm OW Emerald).
This is what AY hopes you'll do. However, if there's a long layover when coming from ORD, you can visit the Premium lounge before heading to passport control and the Schengen side. If i remember right, it might require some arguing with the dragon, though.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
This is what AY hopes you'll do. However, if there's a long layover when coming from ORD, you can visit the Premium lounge before heading to passport control and the Schengen side. If i remember right, it might require some arguing with the dragon, though.
i wouldn't count on it, especially with the ORD flight landing right during peaktime. Otherwise I wouldn't expect to have issues.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
i wouldn't count on it, especially with the ORD flight landing right during peaktime. Otherwise I wouldn't expect to have issues.
Well, I have a 3 1/2 hour layover so I would like to try. If connecting, at what point do I look for the lounge before going on to passport control?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Well, I have a 3 1/2 hour layover so I would like to try. If connecting, at what point do I look for the lounge before going on to passport control?
It's between gates 36 and 37.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:25 pm

Thanks to all for the answers.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:57 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
It will depend on the dragons attitude.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:34 am

Does a passenger flying in BA or AY C to LHR and connecting same-day to BA F, do they have access to the Premium Lounge?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does a passenger flying in BA or AY C to LHR and connecting same-day to BA F, do they have access to the Premium Lounge?
Not without OWE status. (Or min. OWS outside rush hour)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Not without OWE status. (Or min. OWS outside rush hour)
Ok. Oneworld usually thinks like this that F pax get the best lounge access when connecting to or from.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:45 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I would test that. Most likely, there would be a premium lounge access for the presenter of such an itinerary!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.