Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
All children over two are considered guests but if he's cute enough they might let you all in.
He is plenty cute and does get all sorts of stuff that he shouldn't be entitled to so this might be an option - however I wouldn't even attempt this at the First Lounge at LHR.

Hope I helped you!
Very much so, thank you ^
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
He is plenty cute and does get all sorts of stuff that he shouldn't be entitled to so this might be an option - however I wouldn't even attempt this at the First Lounge at LHR.

Very much so, thank you ^
Well the BA TXL lounge let in a 4 y/o as an extra guest so it really is an YMMV situation.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:06 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Heh, three years ago we missed our connection at LHR (late departure from the US) and had six extra hours at T3. We received some vouchers, but I decided to try Admiral's Club with wife and two kids (then 13 and 9). Lounge dragon took pity on us and let us in. When I thanked her, she just replied "No problem, but over there at BA this would not fly."
Old Dec 17, 2016, 7:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In the premium lounge and it has been pretty sereene this afternoon.

No blossa glögg on a heater but there is an add for it so I guess one can order it.

Seems to be a new set of deli snacks. Good to see some rotation
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Seems to be a new set of deli snacks. Good to see some rotation
Well, I flew out on the 7th, and then all the nice stuff with salmon and shrimps etc were replaced by much cheaper snacks, I wasn´t tempted to try even one of them...
To each his own, but is it that rotation you´re talking about, or has something changed again?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:02 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Here is an sample on what was on offer a few weeks ago. More or less the same than every time I visit the premium lounge. Is it totally different now? Any pics?
Attached Images  

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Dec 18, 2016 at 5:47 am
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I visited on the 8th and they told me they had just refreshed the menu. I guess it was the same already on the 7th, however, there were some salmon canapés.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:44 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Was salmon canapé the only option that represented "real food" and the rest were just snacks such as nuts, chips etc, or? Didn't AY mentioned somewhere that lounge offerings will be improved next year?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Here is an sample on what was on offer a few weeks ago. More or less the same than every time I visit the premium lounge. Is it totally different now? Any pics?
Thats exactly how it looked the 7th. As I wrote, very much cheaper stuff now instead of salmon, shrimps etc that used to be on offer.
Of course it´s nice with a local touch but I think it´s now way to Finnish with marinated herring, that strange cottage cheese, beet root salad etc to cater to the palate of international travellers.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Was salmon canapé the only option that represented "real food" and the rest were just snacks such as nuts, chips etc, or? Didn't AY mentioned somewhere that lounge offerings will be improved next year?
No, there were many options for "real food". In my opinion this new menu was in no way worse than the one before. They now had a few more vegetarian options, which I liked.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Visited the Premium Lounge on Tuesday 3rd Jan. Whilst you could get a seat here, same couldn't be said for the J lounge. It was soo packed that I couldn't even see a free seat. On top of that I could see at least 10-20 people walking around trying to find seats. But glad the premium lounge had free seats available. I used the Premium lounge between the hours 15:30 to 17:30.

Food choice : Not a fan of the canapes (tiny food as I would call it). They had several choices. Drinks wise : There were plenty of choices when it came to alcohol and they actually served you rather then using "self-service".

Staff were friendly especially when I left the lounge.

Wouldn't have minded using the sauna but didn't get the time.

View is quite good of the airfield, the only thing I didn't like was the double glass panel which are few feet apart. Just means if you want to take a picture, there will be lots of reflection.

On a positive note : One good thing I found about Helsinki Airport was the WIFI. You had it on the transfer buses and Remote stands (which I wasn't expecting).

Pic is from the Premium Lounge.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:00 pm

Hi

I have a flight to EU coming up this weekend.
Has anyone tried using the premium lounge if schengen departure from Hel?

Getting there should be OK (border control doesn't check). But will they let me in?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by casper79
Hi

I have a flight to EU coming up this weekend.
Has anyone tried using the premium lounge if schengen departure from Hel?

Getting there should be OK (border control doesn't check). But will they let me in?
They should let you in but just tell the dragon you want to use the sauna.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Just to give some update: Departed with QR 304 (10:40). As QRPC gold (OW Sapphire), got access to Premium lounge. There was just 3 guests in the lounge so pretty quiet. Food offer poor (even no canapes) just some ham and cheese. Drink offer solid as always.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by mmkk
Just to give some update: Departed with QR 304 (10:40). As QRPC gold (OW Sapphire), got access to Premium lounge. There was just 3 guests in the lounge so pretty quiet. Food offer poor (even no canapes) just some ham and cheese. Drink offer solid as always.
Sad to hear about the food offerings – AY is changing the lounge operator at HEL (see this thread) and once the news broke, the food quality in the lounges dropped.

I'll be having breakfast in the premium lounge tomorrow, let's see if it's just porridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.