Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by lkrt
There was less room?
I think the old non-sch lounge I sometimes got into in 2001 when going to SIN was the best.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), NH Super Flyers & Platinum (SAG), DL Gold Medallion (STE+)
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
I wish Japan Airlines still allowed access to the almost @ home lounge.
JAL will change the lounge access rule at HEL. From 15th June, almost@home lounge is assigned to passengers who fly with PY class, Economy Full Fare and Economy Saver Flex fare. AY lounges are still assigned to the other passengers (J class, Sapphire, Emerald).

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/170601.html

Last edited by mogumogu; Jun 5, 2017 at 2:30 pm Reason: Added English URL
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mogumogu
JAL will change the lounge access rule at HEL. From 15th June, almost@home lounge is assigned to passengers who fly with PY class, Economy Full Fare and Economy Saver Flex fare. AY lounges are still assigned to the other passengers (J class, Sapphire, Emerald).

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/170601.html
I wonder if this is AY trying to reduce the overall number of people in the lounge in the late afternoon...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I wonder if this is AY trying to reduce the overall number of people in the lounge in the late afternoon...
If so, great.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
These are JL rules, so probably almost@home offered a better price. (as OW rules do not have lounge access for PEY, etc pax, I guess JL is buying it from one of the operators)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
These are JL rules, so probably almost@home offered a better price. (as OW rules do not have lounge access for PEY, etc pax, I guess JL is buying it from one of the operators)
Generally, JL is paying for all of the lounge visits. Though for J, OWS, OWE they can't prevent them from going to the AY lounges as that is a defined perk.

The question could of course be, did JAL seek a cheaper price, did AY increase the price, or maybe even did AY not offer a contract for these passengers as they are not required to do so under OW rules? It is not the only place that this group is sent to non OW lounges,it also happens at LAX and a few other places.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
My uneducated guess would be that while JL offers lounge acces to PEY (etc) the several contract lounges might be cheaper than the relevant OW lounges.

While this move might cut down peak occupation at the AY lounge, I don't see AY actively moving here, as this is cash in the pocket (vs tweaking their Silver/Gold acces to the biz/prem lounges)
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Silver
Talking about crowded Finnair lounge - when I arrived today to premium longue around 20:30 the place was completely empty.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muhv
Talking about crowded Finnair lounge - when I arrived today to premium longue around 20:30 the place was completely empty.
It is the late afternoon and early evening departure banks that has the problems.
​​​​​
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:42 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Premium Lounge still has NF.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Premium Lounge still has NF.
Glad to hear this, however, I bet it's only until the end of the month. Let's see how the servings will change then.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Not allowed entry as BA OWE flying J around 1600. I assume she was lying as staff could not produce the "rules" she referred to which are no more OWE allowed except Finnair OWE. Wouldn't mind being denied except for what seems like making up a rule and lying... No manager seems to be around so not sure who to address.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sorry to hear that. I would definitely follow if I were you. Perhaps the dragoness saw Gold and didn't see AY, and made a faulty conclusion. Or , a more dire option - the world is fall apart...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:22 am

And Fazer staff has just started so they don't have a lot of experience.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Not allowed entry as BA OWE flying J around 1600. I assume she was lying as staff could not produce the "rules" she referred to which are no more OWE allowed except Finnair OWE. Wouldn't mind being denied except for what seems like making up a rule and lying... No manager seems to be around so not sure who to address.
Send a complaint to AY. you will probably get a 50 euro voucher for a future flight. I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.