Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I think you mean Hoboken or Jersey City. No views of Manhattan from Newark, unfortunately.

The train from HEL makes it so easy to get into the city—certainly worth a trek on a 12-hour layover. One can even purchase tickets with a credit card via the HSL app, so no need to have Euros on hand even.
I took the train and visited Helsinki last year. I'll probably do that again, but I was looking for options and info, which you guys have helped me with. One more thought is whether there might be any fitness centers that sell day passes.

And the NJ side conversation is kind of funny. Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
I think you mean Hoboken or Jersey City. No views of Manhattan from Newark, unfortunately.

The train from HEL makes it so easy to get into the city—certainly worth a trek on a 12-hour layover. One can even purchase tickets with a credit card via the HSL app, so no need to have Euros on hand even.
Stand corrected. I meant to say Jersey City, but fumbled on this one (mental hiccup).

My general rule is max 5 hours at a lounge unless needing to nap. The Finnair lounges in the non-Schengen area are nice enough for a few hours if one has work to do, or just wanting to relax with decent F&B offerings and maybe read a book. Otherwise head into downtown Helsinki. It is so easy to do, but beers will cost you!
katstarr likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by niksal
Just as an alternative, not saying it's necessarily better than going to the city (but beats Jumbo IMO), you could take the train and stop at Pasila and the new Mall of Tripla. Lots of restaurants and shopping, much nicer than Jumbo.
You can leave the airport train one stop before the City and surf your jet lag away in the Mall of Tripla, in tropical temperatures

https://surfhousehelsinki.com/en/
Steve_Hun likes this.

Last edited by Andaman; Oct 28, 2019 at 5:57 pm
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
New Jersey ... it's a pretty big state...
Mitä?!? There are only three states in America (out of 50) that are smaller than New Jersey! The total area is only about the size of Uusimaa, Kanta-Häme and Päijät-Häme combined. Not to mention that NJ is also a little more dangerous than Uusimaa.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by henry999
Mitä?!? There are only three states in America (out of 50) that are smaller than New Jersey! The total area is only about the size of Uusimaa, Kanta-Häme and Päijät-Häme combined. Not to mention that NJ is also a little more dangerous than Uusimaa.
NJ is IMO the worst state in the US after California. People are very unpleasant, always yelling and don't have any manners. The roads are crap as they're never repaired. Don't get me started on EWR airport... Thankful that AY uses JFK instead.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
NJ is IMO the worst state in the US after California. People are very unpleasant, always yelling and don't have any manners. The roads are crap as they're never repaired. Don't get me started on EWR airport... Thankful that AY uses JFK instead.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think it’s hard to make broad generalizations about an entire state. Personally, I think there are reasons why California is an extremely expensive place to live—and it’s not because it’s the worst state in the US. I also never really understood the scorn New Yorkers have for New Jersey, aside from the general view of New Yorkers that New York is the center of the universe. There are unpleasant people everywhere in my opinion, as well as pleasant people.

And although EWR doesn’t win any awards in my book for best airport, neither does JFK or LGA.
SPBanker and esledo like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:42 am

Bumping up an old thread accessed from the dashboard, but a non-schengen lounge appears to be open part time (12 p.m. to 6 p.m) since yesterday, although the Platinum Wing still appears closed.

I'm flying next week so any reports before then would be appreciated, or pointers to the right thread if this isn't it.

https://www.finnair.com/gb-en/smooth...lsinki-airport
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
Bumping up an old thread accessed from the dashboard, but a non-schengen lounge appears to be open part time (12 p.m. to 6 p.m) since yesterday, although the Platinum Wing still appears closed.

I'm flying next week so any reports before then would be appreciated, or pointers to the right thread if this isn't it.

https://www.finnair.com/gb-en/smooth...lsinki-airport
The Finnair Premium Lounge was replaced by the Platinum Wing. The lounge that opened is the non-Schengen business class lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The thread is closed to avoid confusion since this lounge is now closed.

/mod
CPH-Flyer, esledo and kauppias like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.