Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have from a reliable source that the 'Home baked' is a fringe benefit from a cost cutting move. The new CEO has ordered everyone in the HEL based staff to cook and bake some xtra food on their off-days and bring with them to Vantaa in the next morning, so they don't need to buy as much food items for the lounges from Fazer.

Only later, the daemon CEO realised that this cost saving could also be used in clever marketing, branding everything 'Home baked' or 'True Finnish tastes'.
r2d2 and Superrman like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
I have from a reliable source that the 'Home baked' is a fringe benefit from a cost cutting move. The new CEO has ordered everyone in the HEL based staff to cook and bake some xtra food on their off-days and bring with them to Vantaa in the next morning, so they don't need to buy as much food items for the lounges from Fazer.

Only later, the daemon CEO realised that this cost saving could also be used in clever marketing, branding everything 'Home baked' or 'True Finnish tastes'.
When did you turn into BDSM
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Passengers can also bring their home baked bread in exchange for lounge access. Bringing it 3 times gives you AY Crumb, after bringing 10 breads you will get AY Crust status.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
When did you turn into BDSM
I suppose he logged-in to the wrong account before posting it
vulle, florens, intuition and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:54 am

A more serious question, does anyone has some insight info and know when we can expect the new lounge to be open? Planing trips in late June and late August I just wonder if I should plan some extra time in HEL to get the full experience.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Ed Size
A more serious question, does anyone has some insight info and know when we can expect the new lounge to be open? Planing trips in late June and late August I just wonder if I should plan some extra time in HEL to get the full experience.
I wouldn’t plan any extra time. On one hand, we still don’t know the opening date, which means it could be quite far away in future. On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that the lounge is so overwhelming that it deserves extra time. My guess is that you can experience it quite well in, say, 30 minutes.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by ffay005

I wouldn’t plan any extra time..................I find it hard to believe that the lounge is so overwhelming that it deserves extra time. My guess is that you can experience it quite well in, say, 30 minutes.
It depends, everytime I have the chance to go to the Lufthansa First Lounge (or even better First Terminal) in either Frankfurt and Munich I´ll take my time. You need the time to go trough their Whisky collection (and also they have some Gins).

And talking about the new AY lounge, I would not feel comfortable with a la carte dining if I only have 30min for it. Normal lounge time in HEL is well under 1 hour, but I can take a flight earlier which will give me about a little over two hours.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
It depends, everytime I have the chance to go to the Lufthansa First Lounge (or even better First Terminal) in either Frankfurt and Munich I´ll take my time. You need the time to go trough their Whisky collection (and also they have some Gins).
Isn't ZRH the way to go for whisky?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by duvin
Isn't ZRH the way to go for whisky?
Have not been to ZRH for a while, since I avoid LX at all costs. Also I don t travel much with LH group these days - only LH F to the Americas once in a while. But LH F Terminal has 100++ Whiskies and other fine spirits - not to mention the steaks, so you can sleep for 8 - 10 hours once you are on board.
on22cz likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Have not been to ZRH for a while, since I avoid LX at all costs. Also I don t travel much with LH group these days - only LH F to the Americas once in a while. But LH F Terminal has 100++ Whiskies and other fine spirits - not to mention the steaks, so you can sleep for 8 - 10 hours once you are on board.
https://www.ausbt.com.au/the-busines...own-whisky-bar
Ed Size and on22cz like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:38 am

I think the FCT has the wider selection. Now we can bet how close AY will come to this.....
Akkku likes this.

Last edited by Ed Size; Apr 23, 2019 at 9:59 am
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I think the FCT has the wider selection. Now we can bet how close AY will come to this.....
Doesn't look as stylish though.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by florens
Doesn't look as stylish though.
Drinking whisky is not about style.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
These look much better quality than those on FCT picture.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any updates with the Platinum Wing?

Have the oppertunity to fly home through HEL at the end of May, but if it's not open yet I'd rather just stick to boring old Heathrow.
​​​​​
​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.