Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Plaza Premium already started competing with the Platinum Wing, starting with which one will be delayed longer
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:42 am

As One World Saphire travelling on AY metal, which non-schengen lounge can I go to? My understanding is there are two (Premium and Business) and both are closed for refurbishment?

Travelling mid-April if that means anything - I understand that dates have slipped so chances are it's still under renovation.

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
There are three lounges in non-Schengen area: Finnair Premium (closed for renovation), Finnair Business and Almost@Home. You are not really affected by the renovation, except for the fact that the lounge might be crowded. Just go to the Finnair Business lounge.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
There are three lounges in non-Schengen area: Finnair Premium (closed for renovation), Finnair Business and Almost@Home. You are not really affected by the renovation, except for the fact that the lounge might be crowded. Just go to the Finnair Business lounge.
Thanks - never checked out the lounge before, I'll read some reviews and decide how long in advance to arrive to maximise my enjoyment.
So the business lounge isn't being renovated and open as usual? Perfect! Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sailbot3310
Thanks - never checked out the lounge before, I'll read some reviews and decide how long in advance to arrive to maximise my enjoyment.
So the business lounge isn't being renovated and open as usual? Perfect! Thanks!
You won't be affected unless the Premium lounge is open at that time. I'm not sure if the regular Business lounge will be closed for renovation works at that time?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Sailbot3310
The non-Schengen lounge at HEL is good for a quick bite to eat if you appreciate workplace cafeteria style food. Otherwise, plan on arriving at HEL one hour before departure and you'll be fine. It'll give you enough time to visit the lounge, but you certainly don't want to factor in any extra time to "enjoy" it.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Akkku
Only thing I heard from an airport employee was "after Easter" but that didn't sound too convincing. ��
Wow so my Easter pre-trip will be spent at BK with lukewarm beers from plastic cups..
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by r2d2
Plaza Premium already started competing with the Platinum Wing, starting with which one will be delayed longer
Plaza Premium got a head start and is leading that competition. It was supposed to open in February 2019:
Plaza Premium lounge announced to open in February 2019
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by Aviating
Plaza Premium got a head start and is leading that competition. It was supposed to open in February 2019:
Plaza Premium lounge announced to open in February 2019
February was also the original opening target for Platinum Wing,
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
No news in two weeks, doesn't really sound like good project planning. Also bit surprising that no info has leaked or anyone actually seeing/hearing anything (e.g. constant powerdrilling noise to the business lounge). In 6 months, 2 weeks is not that bad but lack of communication is, maybe they realized in final inspection something like "oh, we forgot the bathrooms"
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
No news in two weeks, doesn't really sound like good project planning. Also bit surprising that no info has leaked or anyone actually seeing/hearing anything (e.g. constant powerdrilling noise to the business lounge). In 6 months, 2 weeks is not that bad but lack of communication is, maybe they realized in final inspection something like "oh, we forgot the bathrooms"
Bad yes. But who knows if it is only a stamp missing. We see nowadays a lot of projects delayed everywhere due to thisandthat certificates missing although construction work is on time.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:22 pm

I was in the lounge earlier today. There was a lot of noise coming from the Premium section - hammers, drills, banging and crashing. A lot of the workers (over 10 of them) also smoked so went to the smoking room close by during breaks. I wanted to ask how things were going but didn't want to risk offending them by asking in English.

so, there seems to be a lot of work going on, not just finishing touches.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Thanks for the info. Why would they be offended being asked in English?
Steve_Hun and Sailbot3310 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Thanks for the info. Why would they be offended being asked in English?
Here in Canada, if you don't at least try to speak French when visiting Quebec some people get offended. So, wherever I visit amywhere I try to know at least a few phrases like 'thank you', 'a beer please', 'how much', and most importantly, 'do you speak english' in the native language. Since I was just in transit through Helsinki, I didn't think to do this and only just realized now that I could have just googled it in the lounge (sigh...).
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Well, the construction workers are likely Balts or Polish, so finnish would not work either. And for Poles, neither english, estonians would speak good english and young ones prefer english to finnish (which most understand due to strong similarity).

But based on that info, PW not likely open during my only non-schengen trip this year...sigh, as Premium lounge was closed just before my last trip in Nov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.