Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know when the Premium lounge will be finished with its renovation? The main lounge is overcrowded and has no showers, which is really disappointing.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know when the Premium lounge will be finished with its renovation? The main lounge is overcrowded and has no showers, which is really disappointing.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Isn't the kitchen (and possibly sauna/showers?) opening sooner though? The signs in the remaining lounge say it's "closed until February" as an excuse for disposable tableware, so no change until 26th March would be a bit of a delay on that...
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Isn't the kitchen (and possibly sauna/showers?) opening sooner though? The signs in the remaining lounge say it's "closed until February" as an excuse for disposable tableware, so no change until 26th March would be a bit of a delay on that...
Kitchen (warm food and proper silverware) is opening 5.3. No showers or sauna tho.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know when the Plaza Premium lounge will open in the non-Schengen area and if it has showers? or does the other Priority Pass in the non-Schengen area have decent showers?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Question related to the non-Schengen lounge situation at the moment: Flying tomorrow morning with QR to Doha (and onward to SIN) in J. Will AY allow us to use the non-Schengen lounge, or will they try to direct us to the Aspire lounge at non-Schengen which QR is using as their J-lounge? Me being Plat, wife AY-Gold, kids basic members if the status plays any role. I know that the renovations are going on. OW Rules tell that the access should be ok, but I have no experience if they have limited the access for non-AY pax during until they have finished the works at the lounges. I would prefer to proceed to the non-Schengen area with the family as soon as we arrive to HEL.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm not really sure, but wasn't it so that access is granted outside rush hours? So in the morning, it should be fine.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know when the Plaza Premium lounge will open in the non-Schengen area and if it has showers? or does the other Priority Pass in the non-Schengen area have decent showers?
There is already a sign at Aukio directing passengers to the new Plaza Premium lounge but the stairs to the lounge were roped off a week ago at least. Btw I wasn't the only one trying to find the entrance as also another guy looked disappointed to find the entry closed.

The current non-Schengen lounge should have one shower but I have personally never used it.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Opening hours ?

Hi. Just curious if the lounge is open until the departure of 143 to BKK or if they close already at midnight ??
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:17 pm

Eight hours at HEL

Flying in J Tuesday from JFK...arrive about 08:50 depart 16:50 for BKK. I see there are restrictions on the Priority Pass lounges and the Finnair lounge isn't fully operational. I have COPD and cannot walk around . Suggestions for best lounge or lounges? Thanks in advance

Last edited by fish3d; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:18 pm Reason: additional info
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:27 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fish3d
Flying in J Tuesday from JFK...arrive about 08:50 depart 16:50 for BKK. I see there are restrictions on the Priority Pass lounges and the Finnair lounge isn't fully operational. I have COPD and cannot walk around . Suggestions for best lounge or lounges? Thanks in advance
I’d just go to Finnair lounge, it is ok even during the construction and rather quiet also from 9am until 2-3pm so you’ll be just fine. J ticket alone would not get you into premium even if it was open.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My recommendation is also to just go to the AY lounge. There's plenty of seating and some simple snacks available. No excessive walking is required. Coming from JFK, there's no security theatre either.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

I’d just go to Finnair lounge, it is ok even during the construction and rather quiet also from 9am until 2-3pm so you’ll be just fine. J ticket alone would not get you into premium even if it was open.
I just did that exact itinerary yesterday. Lounge is super quiet in the morning...grab one of the two sleeping pods upstairs for a nice rest.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Tomorrow the kitchen is back?

keen to see first reports then, whether service improves or stay at home and eat mamas metballs
remymartin likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by reflektia
Kitchen (warm food and proper silverware) is opening 5.3. No showers or sauna tho.
Anyone out there, show me the money! i.e. photos of the new facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.