Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SPBanker
As an aside, I always wonder what kind of stuff people discuss with each other or on the phone in lounges. In HEL quite often engineer types, now a lawyer. If I was a competitor...
I like people watching and eavesdropping in lounges too! In the US it's the best when an angry businessman is screaming into his cellphone for everyone to hear, and usually it's a sensitive subject being discussed.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I think there actually is (or should be) some research on the subject. Because it must be a psychological phenomena that humans on a phone acts like they are alone in a bubble with the one they are talking to.

I've overhear everything from detailed descriptions of actions taken by named board member of multinational company to woman telling friend how she cheated on husband (again detailed descriptions..)

There is something in our psyches making us believe we are invisible to others just because we are involved in a one-on-one conversation with someone we trust.
Cupart likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:06 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Yeah it can be nasty sometimes...last week one guy was hosting a TelCo shouting out loud with full lounge around him..maybe he had hearing issues or whatever but just crazy..if I would have had a longer wait I would have shut him up as the staff were just eyeballing him without any action..didn't witness how it ended...hopefully ugly.

Here's a nice read that we are not alone with this topic:

F Galleries Lounge T5 guest behaviour

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Mar 16, 2018 at 3:55 am Reason: Adding the link
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Again kudos for the prem lounge. The cordero during easter time was good and now having game meatballs which are surprisingly good too. Empty lounge saturday 3pm, nice.

What I did not like was the welcome ”we have another lounge at gate 22”, that sounds like a hint restrict for nonschengen incoming pax transfering to schengen. If they want to be polite why dont they just say ”welcome” and then hint only in style ”remember to make sure ave time before border control for connecting flight”
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I'm really happy with the seasonal variation Fazer has brought into the game: Easter theme, Shrove Tuesday buns etc.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I like Fazer BOS cake in both lounges. It's so fantastic that it must be taken to aircraft with you.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I like Fazer BOS cake in both lounges. It's so fantastic that it must be taken to aircraft with you.
Yes sir! But last two times, the slices precut were huge, and there was no knife, probably freakening someone to not indulging in the treat!
OH-LGG and napapiiri like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hey!!
Hands off. Large Pieces are reserved for Lumo.
ffay005, OH-LGG, Ed Size and 3 others like this.

Last edited by intuition; Apr 7, 2018 at 9:31 am Reason: Stupid Google autocorrect
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:44 am

Dont touch Lumo's BOS!
ffay005 and napapiiri like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Dont touch Lumo's BOS!
Looks like someone made this sign at home..
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Taste of the chicken dish was very good today. Good change to have the chef in the lounge and providing the food right when you order.

Very attentive staff members walking in the lounge, providing top-up of the drinks.

50% of the staff seems to be coming from our southern neighbor.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

AY added one SVO daily flight departing 02:15 from HEL This is operated until 31MAY18.

Are non-Schengen lounges still closing at 24.00?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Interesting schedule. Do they intend to fill the plane with pax from Russia to the early morning Euro flights from HEL?

Why not fly out at midnight, with good connections from Europe, and have the plane stand some two hours at SVO instead?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Are non-Schengen lounges still closing at 24.00?
To answer your question: I'm in the premium lounge right now, so I went ahead and asked. We had a minor language barrier, but 1) they close at midnight 2) he didn't know anything about any upcoming changes to that 3) to tell him anything about a new 2 am SVO flight was a mistake that seemed to confuse him greatly, and I got an elaborate answer about connections etc that had nothing to do with my question
OH-LGG and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:57 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
It is not unheard to have scheduled services operating outside lounge hours..not common at carrier's home base but for a seasonal flight nothing extraordinary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.