Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Food offering late at night is not very special, as made-to-order dishes are not available after 21.00 anymore, even though the midnight long haul flights have very limited food service. More clever solution would be offering a good proper dinner in the lounge as that would justify the limited onboard service much better.
There might be such service in the non-premium lounge. I have no recent experience but at one point there used to be proper meals in the non-premium lounge, while the premium only served finger-food.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
I recall the same from the time that there was no Premium lounge. I got good dinner prior to a late night flight in the lounge. It was promoted as an alternative to having the dinner on board.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Anybody else got invite for the event next week about the plans for the new non-Schengen lounge?
vulle and FFlash like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Anybody else got invite for the event next week about the plans for the new non-Schengen lounge?
Sounds interesting, keep us posted!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Sounds interesting, keep us posted!
Alas, I can't go!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I’m really happy to hear the confirmation that there actually will be a new lounge.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by nordic

The must be a very recent change. A week ago when I asked they first offered the frittata, but when I asked once more a choice of tomato, cheese and/or chives) was offered
I was in the premium lounge in mid-January, at both late at night and early morning, and there was definitely nothing offered other than what was in the buffet.
It was about 9pm when I arrived there for the AY flight to SIN, and the evening offerings were very slim. Before leaving, I popped into the normal lounge and there were more options over there, and it wasn't nearly as busy. It really is a shame, as the on-board menu in biz was pretty skimpy.
During the morning, I think I arrived around 5:30am, after the flight from SIN, and my flight to LHR left around 8am. The premium lounge was pretty busy. Other than drinks, what you saw was what you got, definitely no food to order.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Apparently @niksal has gotten an invitation - he posted recently in the höpö thread!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Yes - I’m going. Interesting that I was selected because I am in that lounge maybe twice per year.
SPBanker and manywhere like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by niksal
Yes - I’m going. Interesting that I was selected because I am in that lounge maybe twice per year.
And I am maybe twice a month. But maybe they want opinions from different users.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
If you are attending, maybe you could agree to give positive feedback on the service: it’s in my opinion good and usually very customer-focused.

Last edited by CeruleanBlue; Mar 1, 2018 at 9:22 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Extremely so after the change to Fazer! Last week they went around in the Schengen lounge asking for drink orders as it was really quiet. They also brought newspapers to a couple asking where they are located.
NoWindowSeat, loimu and manywhere like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:57 am

Vendace in dill butter. Very good! Plus Brooklyn Lager.

As an aside, I always wonder what kind of stuff people discuss with each other or on the phone in lounges. In HEL quite often engineer types, now a lawyer. If I was a competitor...
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by R2
The Premium lounge no longer serves omelettes or anything else made to order by a chef at breakfast.
Maybe it happened only once. Last week they offered fresh omelettes (with up to four fillings cheese, bacon, tomato and something else). I have never seen anyone else having an omelette.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

As an aside, I always wonder what kind of stuff people discuss with each other or on the phone in lounges. In HEL quite often engineer types, now a lawyer. If I was a competitor...
I do wonder what people are willing to speak loudly about in lounges. Especially people not speaking in English. However a lounge is a language melting pot, the chance of not being understood is fairly slim.

Which is one reason why I like JAL lounges if you use your phone in the seating area, staff will come and ask you to move to the phone booths.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.