Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
I arrived at 17.30 and the lounge was pretty much empty And they seemed to have the menu for cook-to-order meals visible as well ^
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I think it is totally believable given the flights schedule. Unacceptable perhaps, but not unbelievable.
What is unbelievable though is that they have talked about "one new LH destination every year until 2020" and "doubling Asian traffic by 2020" for at least 5 years, and still they did not think that would mean more visitors to the lounges...
Hartsa likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:55 am
Suspended

I was directed to the normal business class lounge as a OWE flying QR recently. Is this a new policy?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think the non-Schengen lounge strategy between 4-6 pm should be almost@home. Free with DC for AY kultsi & platsku
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by mpkz
I was directed to the normal business class lounge as a OWE flying QR recently. Is this a new policy?
How recent ?
It was OK with OWS (AB) flying QR on October 18.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mpkz
What time of day? It may just have been a case of the Premium Lounge being packed harder than a Tokyo subway carriage. Not an unusual occurrence, the over crowding that is.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
kultsi & platsku
I think kultsi and platsku should be the official names to differentiate from other OW carriers. I love it!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lento
How recent ?
It was OK with OWS (AB) flying QR on October 18.
Nov 10. Flight at 16:50, so something like 15:30-16:00.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What time of day? It may just have been a case of the Premium Lounge being packed harder than a Tokyo subway carriage. Not an unusual occurrence, the over crowding that is.
The other side was pretty full as well...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
OWEs should never be directed to J lounge. OWS' are the ones steared to J when Premium is packed.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by aama
OWEs should never be directed to J lounge. OWS' are the ones steared to J when Premium is packed.
​​​​​​If the choice is to get even more standing people in the premium lounge, and maybe have a seat in the J lounge for people. It could make sense for a while to direct all people to the J lounge.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Last Sunday I was on AY143 (the new (?) late night frequency to BKK - I love it! 7 full hours of night sleep)

The lounge was 2/3 empty with mainly Brit and Riksvensk voices, probably on the SIN service. 10 pm is a very good time at HEL - no crowds anywhere. In the hour between the BKK and the HKG, SIN services I think there was one lone departure to JYV.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Last Sunday I was on AY143 (the new (?) late night frequency to BKK - I love it! 7 full hours of night sleep)

The lounge was 2/3 empty with mainly Brit and Riksvensk voices, probably on the SIN service. 10 pm is a very good time at HEL - no crowds anywhere. In the hour between the BKK and the HKG, SIN services I think there was one lone departure to JYV.
Yeah, took the same flight two weeks ago en route to HKG. Was pretty convenient and as you said, the lounge was a calm place!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Exclamation

Originally Posted by aama
I was also not permitted in the premium lounge as a OWE flying QR in J on the late evening flight... second time this has happened. Again, I thought the agents were rude and misinformed as they said I would never have access unless flying Finnair.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in the lounge the 27th, as OWE on JAL. Arrived from Vienna and was there shortly before 3pm,fairly empty at that time. Half an hour later, people waiting to find seats.

Started in white seats by the "window" felt a bit claustrophobic staring almost directly in to a wall. Moved down to the middle section after a little bit. They should really rearrange the seating arrangements up there, no need to face the "window".
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I was in the lounge the 27th, as OWE on JAL. Arrived from Vienna and was there shortly before 3pm,fairly empty at that time. Half an hour later, people waiting to find seats.

Started in white seats by the "window" felt a bit claustrophobic staring almost directly in to a wall. Moved down to the middle section after a little bit. They should really rearrange the seating arrangements up there, no need to face the "window".
I quite like it there as the arrangement is fairly private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.