Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
But the Russians will not allow you into Russia w/o a passport & a valid Russian visa, so that is your problem at the end, not the fact that you can leave Finland w/o a passport.
The fact is that the Finnish border guard agent is stopping you - not his Russian counterpart.

You might think it is logical.
Think twice!
The traveller might be a dual citizen - owning a passport which offers visa free access to Russia.
I believe Russia still offer visa-free travel for Ukrainians.

Obviously a blank Ukrainian passport has virtually no value when entering or exiting Finland.

Why would traveller (an EU citizen) reveal to the Finnish border guard agent that he is a dual citizen?
Who gives that border guard the right to dig into this?

* for the record: I am aware that it is illegal to both dual nationality (Germany, Ukraine).

And again:
But the Russians will not allow you into Russia w/o a passport & a valid Russian visa, so that is your problem at the end, not the fact that you can leave Finland w/o a passport.
Why should that matter to the Finnish border guard agent? Who gives the Finnish government the right to forcefully prohibit an EU citizen to leave the EU country Finland?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Just so ya'll know, this thread has gone WAY off topic..

I was checking the latest Lounge Access rules for this lounge on the OW site, and was a little surprised by the wording:

Notes: This lounge is exclusively for oneworld Emerald and Sapphire card holders and their guests. Finnish Sauna is hot and available all day long.

If this is the case, why would any OWS ever choose to go to the "regular" Non-Schengen Finnair "Business" Lounge?

I thought there was some special allowance for AY Golds, but not all OWSs..
AFAIK, this has been the admittance policy since day 1 of the premium lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Hey, I have an idea: lets limit it to Oneworld Emerald passengers with a same-day Oneworld First class ticket. All two of them connecting to First class in another European airport.

That should fix the crowding issue
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Hey, I have an idea: lets limit it to Oneworld Emerald passengers with a same-day Oneworld First class ticket. All two of them connecting to First class in another European airport.

That should fix the crowding issue
...First customers on OCT10 2016 flying F on QR (if it is a 4-class service and not to Europe but DOH)? Premium lounge deserted until then
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
I just arrived from LHR with OUL connection and had a 8min discussion with the Non schengen lounge crew to let me in. She said the TC are updated and not published yet, this is a lounge only when you are in Non Schengen,... ? She scanned my LHRHEL boarding pass and let me in... I doubt it, but I am in ...
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
If they revised the T&C it would be really good to require a boarding pass of incoming/outgoing non-Schengen flight to skip all the babble and semi-abuse of the scarce lounge space we have in the premium side.

BTW now that Silvers are out, the J side lounge will remain rather empty I guess - then would it be any stupid idea to get your food&drink and carry them over to J side to enjoy the tranquility?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
this is a lounge only when you are in Non Schengen,... ?
Without a doubt you were in non-Schengen part of the airport. Otherwise, it would have not been physically possible for you to appear on the non-Schengen entry desk.

She said the TC are updated and not published yet, this is a lounge only when you are in Non Schengen,... ?
Maybe you should have asked them to print out the rules.
My assumption that the lounge dragons are making up the rules.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
If they revised the T&C it would be really good to require a boarding pass of incoming/outgoing non-Schengen flight to skip all the babble and semi-abuse of the scarce lounge space we have in the premium side.

BTW now that Silvers are out, the J side lounge will remain rather empty I guess - then would it be any stupid idea to get your food&drink and carry them over to J side to enjoy the tranquility?
I guess we will still have to see how the load is after the new lounge rules are applied, but it is certainly reasonable and doable to move to the non-premium side if the premium side is crowded, once you have acquired your consumables.

If they are updating the T&C, I hope they make the platinum perk of arrival access official.
CX offers arrival lounges to their higher tier members and first class holder, and while the arrival lounge in HKG is nothing to write home about, they run a very efficient shower section. This service is heaven sent.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum
On a less serious note, I have lately noticed a lot of confused foreigners in the sauna area. They're very obviously just going to the bathroom and not expecting to run into a naked man sitting in a chair with only a towel covering him (me).

This is very distracting.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by heatsink
On a less serious note, I have lately noticed a lot of confused foreigners in the sauna area. They're very obviously just going to the bathroom and not expecting to run into a naked man sitting in a chair with only a towel covering him (me).

This is very distracting.
I never use towel. Maybe that's why they usually turn around at door
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:19 am

Now on my way to schengen i spoke to the customs guy. He agreed on what we are discussing. You are only allowed to go to Schengen with a valid boarding pass, the airline issued the visa or allowance for travel outside schengen. The paragraph 102 is not finished yet, which means you are also allowed to go to Burger King as a valid reason.
But officially not... Thats what he said.. Honestly. And then he started to complain about my misshaped passport and forced me to remove sth which made it kind of invalid, which made me make an emergency appointment tonget a new one on 15.4 which hopefully will arrive before 20.5 when i have a nice C and J LHR SIN SYD flight.. Grmpfl
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by reflektia
You don't use a towel even in the break room? You're braver than I am

(Obviously I don't wear a towel in the sauna, though.)
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Is the sauna accessible from the Business side?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is the sauna accessible from the Business side?
Yes
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by reflektia
If it is so effective, I will start walking around in the premium lounge without a towel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.