Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Just FYI, they do open the redemption space (Z) on many of the new F flights a few days before departure. If you set Expertflyer alerts on the flights that interest you, you might be pleasantly surprised. I flew DXB-STN in F last week by doing just that.
interesting - they must have relaxed this now then.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by m3red
THe seats are already a little grubby! In my suite the mirror where the vanity kit is wouldn’t pop open as the spring was broken but they don’t have spare parts due to it being so new!

Still amazing but i worry about what these will look like in 2 years time
I recently flew first on a 4 months old plane with my bf. There were a lot of issues with the suites already.
-My vanity mirror wouldn't open anymore
-The table didn't seem to lock when latched; it would slide out several times during take off
-My suite door didn't latch and thus the door slammed into the closed position during landing
-My suite door was almost impossible to open when I closed my suite to have some privacy. I had to put a lot of power onto the door in order to open it. I almost even broke the "doorknob".
-Several of the slats in the door were bent. Two even fell out of the door during the flight and other components appeared to be rather flimsy
-The door of the suite next to me was jammed and couldnt be closed at all. The flightcrew tried to solve the issue but were not able to fix it. Luckily it was just the two of us, so my bf could move to another suite.

I had a fabulous flight nonetheless. Crew were super nice and well intentioned. Food was great and the suite was super comfortable.
However, for a brand new plane, I was shocked there were so many issues with the suites already.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by NiCre
I recently flew first on a 4 months old plane with my bf. There were a lot of issues with the suites already.
-My vanity mirror wouldn't open anymore
-The table didn't seem to lock when latched; it would slide out several times during take off
-My suite door didn't latch and thus the door slammed into the closed position during landing
-My suite door was almost impossible to open when I closed my suite to have some privacy. I had to put a lot of power onto the door in order to open it. I almost even broke the "doorknob".
-Several of the slats in the door were bent. Two even fell out of the door during the flight and other components appeared to be rather flimsy
-The door of the suite next to me was jammed and couldnt be closed at all. The flightcrew tried to solve the issue but were not able to fix it. Luckily it was just the two of us, so my bf could move to another suite.

I had a fabulous flight nonetheless. Crew were super nice and well intentioned. Food was great and the suite was super comfortable.
However, for a brand new plane, I was shocked there were so many issues with the suites already.
Woww.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:53 pm

Just scanning through the thread. Are all the LHR-DXB flights migrated to the new first cabin? Also anyone know if the DXB-JNB route is refreshed first? Got a couple of each booked few weeks and just made aware of the new cabins. Interested if those flights are new first if anyone knows .... think the LHR flights are EK30. JNB maybe the 731. Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Just scanning through the thread. Are all the LHR-DXB flights migrated to the new first cabin? Also anyone know if the DXB-JNB route is refreshed first? Got a couple of each booked few weeks and just made aware of the new cabins. Interested if those flights are new first if anyone knows .... think the LHR flights are EK30. JNB maybe the 731. Thanks
​​​​​​
no, none of the LHR flights have new F, AS new F is only available on the 77W and LHR is serviced by A380s (there was a single 77W for a while but not sure if it's still there and it most likely wouldn't be new F)

JNB flights are 76x Not 73x, and I think 768 is the A380 flight while the rest are 77Ws, though none have been with the new F to my knowledge (new F is only "guaranteed" to STN, GVA, BRU and FRA, though any day could see a switch to a different aircraft hence my use of inverted commas)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
​​​​​​
no, none of the LHR flights have new F, AS new F is only available on the 77W and LHR is serviced by A380s (there was a single 77W for a while but not sure if it's still there and it most likely wouldn't be new F)

JNB flights are 76x Not 73x, and I think 768 is the A380 flight while the rest are 77Ws, though none have been with the new F to my knowledge (new F is only "guaranteed" to STN, GVA, BRU and FRA, though any day could see a switch to a different aircraft hence my use of inverted commas)
Ah shame, I got disproportionately excited there for 30 mins :-) .... yes read about the 777 cabins but got the impression LHR was next for some reason. And you absolutely right it is 76x on JNB, just checked that. Thanks for the steer.

Mind there's not much so shabby about the current EK first. Isn't it weird the excitement a new cabin evokes in a fifty year old bloke? I remember pulling an HK flight on BA forward a week as they had A380 monogrammed pyjamas in First that first week or two of A380 coming on board. Sad! Memo to self ... don't be admitting to shallow stuff like that on line!!! :-)
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:33 pm

​​​​​​

Just an unrelated follow up Q please (you clearly a guy who knows his EK product) .... I read about a new First bar product that was to be introduced onto 380's .... well new to me only doing a few EK's a year. Here's a link....

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/new-emirates-a380-bar/

Is this something you tend to see on the LHR / JNB routes? ... the new bar that is. Cheers
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just an unrelated follow up Q please (you clearly a guy who knows his EK product) .... I read about a new First bar product that was to be introduced onto 380's .... well new to me only doing a few EK's a year. Here's a link....

Is this something you tend to see on the LHR / JNB routes? ... the new bar that is. Cheers
The bar is not a First bar, but a shared Business and First. There is a small bar area at the front of F, but I don't believe that's changed.

As for the new main bar, reports haven't been favourable due to the new seating arrangements. Most of the recent A380s have been 2 class, so you won't see these on the LHR route (and probably not on JNB). So, it's very unlikely you'll see the new bar.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The bar is not a First bar, but a shared Business and First. There is a small bar area at the front of F, but I don't believe that's changed.

As for the new main bar, reports haven't been favourable due to the new seating arrangements. Most of the recent A380s have been 2 class, so you won't see these on the LHR route (and probably not on JNB). So, it's very unlikely you'll see the new bar.
Got it, thanks for explaining that. No both the routings are 3 compartment flights .... ah again a shame, I still get this weird excitement when there's a product change etc. After all these years it still brings the child out! Thanks again for the heads up.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Indeed, I'd not rate the new bar that heavily as being something to go out of your way for, the main changes are the seating arrangement (supposedly less favourable to a group of strangers all being able to sit down) and the trim colours. As DYKWIA says most recent deliveries have been 2-class (no F cabin) (and there are currently only 5 or 6 A380s that have the new bar anyway, out of a fleet of 105) and LHR gets 3-class service on all flights, so it won't be appearing there. JNB it technically could, though there is another factor which is whether or not the frame is a ULR frame, and once again JNB (all SA routes in fact) is premium-heavy, so it'd be a 3-class, so even the occasional downgauge to a 2-class is unlikely to see a new frame with a bar as JNB is a 8h flight and thus doesn't require a CRC (I believe), lastly, and this is more anecdotal, SA routes tend to get older frames (certainly the case for CPT, where one often sees aircraft with the oldest version of ICE or the first version of ICE Digital Widescreen, aircraft in the EB* or EC* range, occasionally EN*)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:01 pm

Got it, thanks for explaining that. No both the routings are 3 compartment flights .... ah again a shame, I still get this weird excitement when there's a product change etc. After all these years it still brings the child out! Thanks again for the heads up.
Well, there are other things to look out for, the newest frames have wireless, slim iPad type controllers vs the older wired ones, in F on the A380 red wines are served in carafes rather than from the bottle, the amenity kit changed recently, I believe, and the pajamas changed a year or so ago and have received broadly positive reviews, this year has seen new alcohol being introduced, with a broader selection across the board and more premium brands, as well as temporary service of Dom P2 earlier this year, the hard product is extremely consistent with EK, I'd not hold my breath for a flight with a big difference, rather look out for changes in the soft product which occur frequently (things as small as new plastic cups in Y, which I discovered two days ago).
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
777 New suites

Does anyone know if the 777's flying in/out of SEA have the new suites installed ? I am planning four flights next year booking this month.

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Does anyone know if the 777's flying in/out of SEA have the new suites installed ? I am planning four flights next year booking this month.

Thanks
Not, currently, as I mentioned about 7 posts ago in this very thread
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:27 pm

Not, currently, as I mentioned about 7 posts ago in this very thread
Sorry let me look back !
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:30 pm

​​​​​​

It appears there is no rush to refit and certainly with the 380's as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.