Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ft101
It's currently a 2 class flight. so that's a definite no.
The date of the proposed flight is in August and on the website it's showing as fully First Class from LHR through to BKK although as you say currently it's only partially First Class. Wonder what are the chances of getting this new cabin assuming that they subsequently don't switch aircraft.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by albion1
The date of the proposed flight is in August and on the website it's showing as fully First Class from LHR through to BKK although as you say currently it's only partially First Class. Wonder what are the chances of getting this new cabin assuming that they subsequently don't switch aircraft.
0%.
UAEBANDIT likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread.. is it possible to book the new F as an award or is it still cash only? If possible, what's the cheapest way to do it (eg what programme?), as I assume Emirates own will be quite expensive. I read something about JAL, but would appreciate any guidance!

Also, what routes is it currently flying, still BRU and GVA?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red

0%.
Im thinking marginally less than that, with regards to DXB-BKK
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any potential long haul routes on the new 777 F in the pipeline? I heard a while back that BNE and PER were possibly being considered?
Also interested in this. Has there been any news?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Wouldn't it make sense to get new cabin to ULH flights? For example the DXB-->GIG/EZE, 15-18h flights, markets that command farily high prices..
New F on this route would certinaly make me choose EK and I'm inclined to think I wouldn't be the only one.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Wouldn't it make sense to get new cabin to ULH flights? For example the DXB-->GIG/EZE, 15-18h flights, markets that command farily high prices..
New F on this route would certinaly make me choose EK and I'm inclined to think I wouldn't be the only one.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
No.It wouldn't make sense.
True,flying ULH between DXB and GIG/EZE in F is expensive,however IMO the best carrier to fly that route in F is EK,so there's no incentive for EK to have the new cabin on this route, the belief being that F punters will pay for flying EK even if old cabin.

Also I'm sure that there's some kind of connection between where the elite of UAE fly to (on EK) and to where the new F cabin is going to eg Switzerland.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:59 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Also, I think they currently use the 'new F frames' only on routes where they can serve a destination (or more accurately a 'flight number pair') with only one frame. For instance in the GVA route the aircraft is back in DXB before they need one for the flight the following day. For an ULH that would not be the case.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Also, I think they currently use the 'new F frames' only on routes where they can serve a destination (or more accurately a 'flight number pair') with only one frame. For instance in the GVA route the aircraft is back in DXB before they need one for the flight the following day. For an ULH that would not be the case.
also isnt the seat manufacturer in GVA? So in terms of maintenance and repairs of minor issues with the new config that is ideal. The second flight being BRU with similar distance means frames can be interchanged between the two routes so whichever needs TLC can go to GVA.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:42 am

THe seats are already a little grubby! In my suite the mirror where the vanity kit is wouldnt pop open as the spring was broken but they dont have spare parts due to it being so new!

Still amazing but i worry about what these will look like in 2 years time
Old May 22, 2018, 12:53 am

Has EK added the new F on the second BRU-DXB flight (EK181)?
EK 181 now showing new seat map with 6 seats in F.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by kryssedeal
Has EK added the new F on the second BRU-DXB flight (EK181)?
EK 181 now showing new seat map with 6 seats in F.
It looks like it's been operating since the start of this month, although it and EK183 have both had the odd older plane. in that period too.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:46 pm

Thanks for the info. I guess I just have to cross my fingers and hope that itll be the new aircraft.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:04 am

Is it still true, that Emirates launches the new First Class to Mnchen/Munich at 1th July on flight EK53/54?

This Text is from February: https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....-class-munich/
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
New 777 F Class?

How do you know the seatmap of the new 777 F? Are all 777s going to MUC have the new F class?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.