777 New First Class

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:39 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: EK004 Regular
Wiki Link
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details)
Youtube Promo video of new 777F

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 31, 17, 6:30 am
  #256  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: EK Plat
Posts: 141
I was meant to be flying DXB-BRU next week and surprised that this change went unannounced by EK. Luckily found out about it here!

5 agents and 4 hours later, I have just managed to reroute for free to DXB-GVA... So it is possible, but you just need to keep escalating until you speak to someone with the authority to write off the difference.
Lkaroo is offline  
Old Dec 31, 17, 9:12 am
  #257  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,314
Originally Posted by Lkaroo View Post
I was meant to be flying DXB-BRU next week and surprised that this change went unannounced by EK. Luckily found out about it here!

5 agents and 4 hours later, I have just managed to reroute for free to DXB-GVA... So it is possible, but you just need to keep escalating until you speak to someone with the authority to write off the difference.
well done - whatís the change? Lots of bru flights swapped to the usual 777?
m3red is offline  
Old Dec 31, 17, 9:55 am
  #258  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: EK Plat
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by m3red View Post


well done - whatís the change? Lots of bru flights swapped to the usual 777?
As chuck1 pointed out, this morning it looked like EK had switched the second new plane to operate the second daily GVA flight instead until 15 Jan.

However, it now seems that the new first is available again on the BRU route again after 3 Jan (yet also still available on the second GVA flight). So who knows what's going on but EK did just get another new 777 delivered yesterday.

Anyway I'm definitely not wasting any more time or energy reversing the changes I made this morning.
Lkaroo is offline  
Old Dec 31, 17, 10:44 am
  #259  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,394
Well - it looks like my 3rd BRU-DXB is still the old first but they've changed the 10th back to the new first.
I bought my ticket through an agency.
Of course it's a holiday weekend so I called the regular EK line and got a nice agent in Dubai who told me the agency would have to contact their sales support for authorization.
He said even the reservations supervisor would have to escalate it via email to their manager.
I asked him there was no manager on duty who had the authority to make a change on an Emirates issued ticket with just EK space from BRU to GVA and he said no way - that again - no one at reservations could do it.
chuck1 is offline  
Old Jan 1, 18, 8:24 pm
  #260  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Keep in mind that there are only 3 or so planes with the new F right now, and for all types of scheduling and operational and maintenance reasons a flight might be switched. For instance of one of the new planes if delayed on one of its flights, EK will probably switch in an older 77W to operate the reciprocal rather than delay that flight as well. I.e. if EK184 is very delayed (BRU-DXB) then the next DXB-BRU might be switched. It depends on the schedule and buffers of course, I haven't looked that closely. Also worth considering maintenance requirements and overall operatonal reasons which I think would always prevail. If the EK NOC decides that the scheduling of the fleet requires that plane elsewhere that will be prioritized. This could be triggered by delays or cancellations elsewhere in the network where a backup plane is needed or something similar. E.g. if there's a AOG situation and a rescue plane needs to be sent to pick up pax and one of the new 77W will have the least knock-on impact on the network then they'd send it, perhaps if the next DXB-BRU flight is only in 6 hours so they can send that plane now and have 6 hours to then find a replacement for the DXB-BRU flight, which will be an older 77W most likely.

It's obviously frustrating but there are many legitimate reasons why EK might be switching out aircraft, and we should keep that in mind. If they're doing it for a silly non-legit reason of course rage is appropriate
m3red likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 1, 18, 8:50 pm
  #261  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,314
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Keep in mind that there are only 3 or so planes with the new F right now, and for all types of scheduling and operational and maintenance reasons a flight might be switched. For instance of one of the new planes if delayed on one of its flights, EK will probably switch in an older 77W to operate the reciprocal rather than delay that flight as well. I.e. if EK184 is very delayed (BRU-DXB) then the next DXB-BRU might be switched. It depends on the schedule and buffers of course, I haven't looked that closely. Also worth considering maintenance requirements and overall operatonal reasons which I think would always prevail. If the EK NOC decides that the scheduling of the fleet requires that plane elsewhere that will be prioritized. This could be triggered by delays or cancellations elsewhere in the network where a backup plane is needed or something similar. E.g. if there's a AOG situation and a rescue plane needs to be sent to pick up pax and one of the new 77W will have the least knock-on impact on the network then they'd send it, perhaps if the next DXB-BRU flight is only in 6 hours so they can send that plane now and have 6 hours to then find a replacement for the DXB-BRU flight, which will be an older 77W most likely.

It's obviously frustrating but there are many legitimate reasons why EK might be switching out aircraft, and we should keep that in mind. If they're doing it for a silly non-legit reason of course rage is appropriate

good post -as more get delivered there is less chance on these routes of a swap but itís always a possibility
m3red is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:24 am
  #262  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: EK Plat
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Keep in mind that there are only 3 or so planes with the new F right now, and for all types of scheduling and operational and maintenance reasons a flight might be switched. For instance of one of the new planes if delayed on one of its flights, EK will probably switch in an older 77W to operate the reciprocal rather than delay that flight as well. I.e. if EK184 is very delayed (BRU-DXB) then the next DXB-BRU might be switched. It depends on the schedule and buffers of course, I haven't looked that closely. Also worth considering maintenance requirements and overall operatonal reasons which I think would always prevail. If the EK NOC decides that the scheduling of the fleet requires that plane elsewhere that will be prioritized. This could be triggered by delays or cancellations elsewhere in the network where a backup plane is needed or something similar. E.g. if there's a AOG situation and a rescue plane needs to be sent to pick up pax and one of the new 77W will have the least knock-on impact on the network then they'd send it, perhaps if the next DXB-BRU flight is only in 6 hours so they can send that plane now and have 6 hours to then find a replacement for the DXB-BRU flight, which will be an older 77W most likely.

It's obviously frustrating but there are many legitimate reasons why EK might be switching out aircraft, and we should keep that in mind. If they're doing it for a silly non-legit reason of course rage is appropriate
This is true but only up to a point. In this case they moved the second frame to operate the second daily GVA flight rather than BRU so there was clearly nothing wrong with the aircraft..! Having seen the loads for GVA in F are comparatively considerably higher than BRU, I can undertstand the commercial rationale for why EK chose to do so although not particularly fair for the people who booked BRU with the intention of trying the new product.


Last edited by Lkaroo; Jan 2, 18 at 4:44 am
Lkaroo is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 5:37 am
  #263  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by Lkaroo View Post


This is true but only up to a point. In this case they moved the second frame to operate the second daily GVA flight rather than BRU so there was clearly nothing wrong with the aircraft..! Having seen the loads for GVA in F are comparatively considerably higher than BRU, I can undertstand the commercial rationale for why EK chose to do so although not particularly fair for the people who booked BRU with the intention of trying the new product.

Isn't the seat manufacturer or something in GVA? That would be a reason to send both frames, if after a month of line service they've identified a list of issues to be addressed and these can be addressed on-the-fly during on-ground time bit by bit then that would explain such a move. Not saying this is the case, but we don't have enough information to infer the underlying reason
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 8:23 am
  #264  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,314
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Isn't the seat manufacturer or something in GVA? That would be a reason to send both frames, if after a month of line service they've identified a list of issues to be addressed and these can be addressed on-the-fly during on-ground time bit by bit then that would explain such a move. Not saying this is the case, but we don't have enough information to infer the underlying reason
im booking gva - canít wait to try it.
Stephenk82 likes this.
m3red is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 10:45 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,440
Originally Posted by m3red View Post


im booking gva - canít wait to try it.
Do you actually NEED to go to GVA or is this a 'try out' trip?
thijsseh is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 11:34 am
  #266  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
Do you actually NEED to go to GVA or is this a 'try out' trip?
I don't think m3red needs to go most places he does, it's all about EK F + Plat

That being said, GVA is worth a visit, sad I didn't get to go to CERN when I was last there, and skiing is always better in Switzerland than the Mall of the Emirates...
thijsseh likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:08 pm
  #267  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,394
It looks like the early rotation DXB-BRU-DXB is back to the new 777 for tomorrow (Jan 3).
Can anyone confirm that?
EK reservations says it is a capacity of 6 in first with 1-1-1 seating.
chuck1 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 8:09 pm
  #268  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,314
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
Do you actually NEED to go to GVA or is this a 'try out' trip?
im going skiing ⛷ in France so it’s not completely out of the way.

im losing plat at the end of Feb as did not travel as much this year and I’m grounded from after April for a bit with the baby coming in June
Stephenk82 likes this.
m3red is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 9:10 pm
  #269  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
with the baby coming in June
Congrats!!!

Shame that the baby can only join SkySurfers until they're a bit older
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 2, 18, 9:28 pm
  #270  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,314
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Congrats!!!

Shame that the baby can only join SkySurfers until they're a bit older
my wife asked if kids can have status 😂

Anyway first flight for the new one is in August Dxb to man in F...canít wait to see the looks on all the faces....before you ask I booked this before I knew she was preggo.
Stephenk82 likes this.
m3red is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread