777 New First Class

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:39 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: EK004 Regular
Wiki Link
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details)
Youtube Promo video of new 777F

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Dec 4, 18, 8:26 am
  #466  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,299
Booked EK 126 F in April 19 using AS miles. Equipment is currently showing as a a380. Assume this is going to be updated as EK updates schedules, or am I assuming wrong here?
MonThruThurs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 9:04 am
  #467  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
Booked EK 126 F in April 19 using AS miles. Equipment is currently showing as a a380. Assume this is going to be updated as EK updates schedules, or am I assuming wrong here?
Having a quick look on Expert Flyer suggests that on some days in April there is only one flight, either 126 or 128. In those instances it is a 388, irrespective of the flight number. When both flight pairs operate, 126 is a 77W and 128 a 388.
No way of knowing if schedules will change.
thijsseh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 9:07 am
  #468  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,595
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
Booked EK 126 F in April 19 using AS miles. Equipment is currently showing as a a380. Assume this is going to be updated as EK updates schedules, or am I assuming wrong here?
Dubai airport is down to one runway at that period. Therefore, a lot of flights are cancelled / combined. Most flights that are normally 2 per day will be down to 1 per day. EK have probably combined the 2 B777 flights into a single A380 flight.
DYKWIA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 9:25 am
  #469  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,299
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Dubai airport is down to one runway at that period. Therefore, a lot of flights are cancelled / combined. Most flights that are normally 2 per day will be down to 1 per day. EK have probably combined the 2 B777 flights into a single A380 flight.
This looks to be correct. Flights going from 2X/day down to 1X/day on April 16th. And I thought I found a way around the new F booking moratorium.
MonThruThurs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:17 am
  #470  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Dubai airport is down to one runway at that period. Therefore, a lot of flights are cancelled / combined. Most flights that are normally 2 per day will be down to 1 per day. EK have probably combined the 2 B777 flights into a single A380 flight.
Why are they down to one runway?
Ashok Khanna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:33 am
  #471  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 13,595
Originally Posted by Ashok Khanna View Post


Why are they down to one runway?
Resurfacing and replacing lighting. For 45 days from 16th April.

They did one runway a few years back, now it's the turn of the other one.
DYKWIA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:35 am
  #472  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,299
The runway resurfacing is captured in the Ultimate Airport Dubai show FWIW

Interesting watch
Tanzguy likes this.
MonThruThurs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:12 pm
  #473  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Resurfacing and replacing lighting. For 45 days from 16th April.

They did one runway a few years back, now it's the turn of the other one.
Cool thanks
Ashok Khanna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 18, 3:27 pm
  #474  
S.R
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Programs: UA 1K, EK Gold
Posts: 536
Seat selection

Flying in the new F for the first time next week FRA-DXB. Have been booked in seat 1E since booking because of the novelty of the virtual windows and wider space, but any suggestions if i should just switch to 2A instead? Or is it worth it to stick with the middle seat to at least try the virtual windows?
S.R is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:09 am
  #475  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,340
I wouldn't choose a middle seat over a real window. The virtual windows are kinda fun for about 10 minutes but is no match for a real one.

2A was a great seat as the entrance to 2F is on the other side.
stargold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 12:01 pm
  #476  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 11,310
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
I wouldn't choose a middle seat over a real window. The virtual windows are kinda fun for about 10 minutes but is no match for a real one.

2A was a great seat as the entrance to 2F is on the other side.
So would you say the F side is better? I have booked 1A as it seems more roomier?

Also I am going slightly out of my way to fly the new 77W. It would be easier flight times on the A380. Is the new First worth it?
onlysuites is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 12:14 pm
  #477  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,502
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
So would you say the F side is better? I have booked 1A as it seems more roomier?

Also I am going slightly out of my way to fly the new 77W. It would be easier flight times on the A380. Is the new First worth it?
Tricky as the A380 has the shower, so if you've never experienced that I'd perhaps lean towards the shower, but the 77W has a more intimate F cabin with fewer seats, especially the new F, so there's that...
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 12:21 pm
  #478  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 11,310
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Tricky as the A380 has the shower, so if you've never experienced that I'd perhaps lean towards the shower, but the 77W has a more intimate F cabin with fewer seats, especially the new F, so there's that...
Tried the A380 and the shower. Food and service will be the same on both right? Did I read somewhere the new F has better year of Dom? Also would you say the F side is better?

Last edited by onlysuites; Dec 16, 18 at 12:52 pm
onlysuites is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 5:40 pm
  #479  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,502
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
Tried the A380 and the shower. Food and service will be the same on both right? Did I read somewhere the new F has better year of Dom? Also would you say the F side is better?
Same Dom, some say service is better on the 777
onlysuites likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 6:12 pm
  #480  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,275
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
Tried the A380 and the shower. Food and service will be the same on both right? Did I read somewhere the new F has better year of Dom? Also would you say the F side is better?
middle suites are bigger, sane service just a smaller and very nice cabin- if you want privacy 2A or 1k are the most private as they have no neighbour
onlysuites likes this.
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread