777 New First Class

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:39 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: EK004 Regular
Wiki Link
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details)
Youtube Promo video of new 777F

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 18, 7:49 pm
  #481  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,347
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
So would you say the F side is better? I have booked 1A as it seems more roomier?
The window side suites are all the same size. The middle one is very marginally bigger, but not in any meaningful way. I would go with 1K or 2A.
onlysuites likes this.
stargold is offline  
Old Dec 16, 18, 10:17 pm
  #482  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,296
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
The window side suites are all the same size. The middle one is very marginally bigger, but not in any meaningful way. I would go with 1K or 2A.
i found it quite a bit bigger - preferred the middle to a window.
onlysuites likes this.
m3red is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:27 pm
  #483  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 11,313
Flew the new F followed by the older F. Absolutely loved the it and would definitely go out of my way again to fly it over the older version. Felt the seat area was much more spacious and more private. Only thing I disliked was the temp control didn't have a number reading on there and it took ages to play around with to get to a nice 20c.
onlysuites is offline  
Old Jan 19, 19, 5:04 pm
  #484  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Singapore
Programs: SQ PPS Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE
Posts: 121
EK238 BOSTON TO DUBAI 77W FIRST CLASS is the new one or not?

I will fly in May

Thank you

Last edited by vincentsjtu; Jan 19, 19 at 5:13 pm
vincentsjtu is offline  
Old Jan 19, 19, 9:23 pm
  #485  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 674
99% will not be the new First. The new first has not operated any ULR route AFAIK unless you count HND. The new first is mostly dedicated to rotations that can be operated with single airframe. BOS does usually see the 777-300ER with the new J product though.
kq747 is offline  
Old Jan 20, 19, 2:53 am
  #486  
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,636
Originally Posted by vincentsjtu View Post
I will fly in May

Thank you
No it will not be
Zol is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:01 am
  #487  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Posts: 114
Help appreciated.
November EK384, in F, DXB-BKK 777-300ER, new or old? I used to use the 3 class 380 which departed 1/2 hour later but this has now changed to 2 class.
mjmal51 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:04 am
  #488  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by mjmal51 View Post
Help appreciated.
November EK384, in F, DXB-BKK 777-300ER, new or old? I used to use the 3 class 380 which departed 1/2 hour later but this has now changed to 2 class.
no
mjmal51 likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:00 am
  #489  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
no
Thanks, nice to know in advance. Using the 777 on the DXB-BKK section is now the only way to travel MAN-DXB-BKK in F. Until now I always chose the 380 option which was great and did appreciate the shower.
mjmal51 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:27 am
  #490  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by mjmal51 View Post
Thanks, nice to know in advance. Using the 777 on the DXB-BKK section is now the only way to travel MAN-DXB-BKK in F. Until now I always chose the 380 option which was great and did appreciate the shower.
As mentioned in another thread, if you look at the seat map you can see, if F is 1-1-1 then it is new. However only a handful of aircraft have new F (fewer than 6 I think) and they only fly to Europe and Japan right now, so the default assumption should always be that you'll get old F
mjmal51 likes this.
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:33 am
  #491  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,347
One thing I've never been able to figure out - does anyone know why the bed moves sideways towards the window/console at the very last stage of recline?

There's plenty of room between the seat and the doors even when it's a bed so I don't think that's the reason. It makes no sense to me as it just eats into the bed area for seemingly no reason.
stargold is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:26 am
  #492  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,381
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
As mentioned in another thread, if you look at the seat map you can see, if F is 1-1-1 then it is new. However only a handful of aircraft have new F (fewer than 6 I think) and they only fly to Europe and Japan right now, so the default assumption should always be that you'll get old F
As far as I am aware EK is not going to upgrade older 77W's to new F. And as there are no more 77W's to be delivered, there will most likely be no other routes to get new F (unless any of the current routes are relegated to old F).
Of course this changes when the new generation 777's start being delivered but as far as I can remember that will only be in the second half of 2020. No idea how these will be configured.
mjmal51 likes this.
thijsseh is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 7:32 am
  #493  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 7,664
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
As far as I am aware EK is not going to upgrade older 77W's to new F. And as there are no more 77W's to be delivered, there will most likely be no other routes to get new F (unless any of the current routes are relegated to old F).
Of course this changes when the new generation 777's start being delivered but as far as I can remember that will only be in the second half of 2020. No idea how these will be configured.
Correct, no retrofit, and no word of new A380s having the new F (if any of the new A380s are even three-class). 777X will hopefully have new F (no guarantee!) but as it's a brand new aircraft model it could well be delayed still
skywardhunter is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 10:05 am
  #494  
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montepulciano, Tuscany
Posts: 800
So essentially they ran this whole big “game-changer” campaign on the basis of 6 aircraft, while more than 90% of the fleet don’t have the product and it’s unknown if they’ll ever refit other aircraft. Wow. Marketing taken to a new low...
NoY and mjmal51 like this.
livefromtuscany is offline  
Old Jan 22, 19, 10:40 am
  #495  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Posts: 674
Originally Posted by vienna-resident View Post
So essentially they ran this whole big “game-changer” campaign on the basis of 6 aircraft, while more than 90% of the fleet don’t have the product and it’s unknown if they’ll ever refit other aircraft. Wow. Marketing taken to a new low...
I mean we've known this since they announced the product. I am a little forgiving because I think many if not most airlines advertise their best/flagship products alot even when it may exist on just a small subfleet.
kq747 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread