Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
777 New First Class

I risk being screamed at here but I searched and can't find the thread on the new EK first class on their 777 which is advertised everywhere in the Lounge as starting November.

Anyone know anything about it and which route is it planned to launch on.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Seat54
I risk being screamed at here but I searched and can't find the thread on the new EK first class on their 777 which is advertised everywhere in the Lounge as starting November.

Anyone know anything about it and which route is it planned to launch on.
Last I heard it was Geneva (changed from Seattle)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:07 am

My crystal ball tells me that the route is likely to be Geneva, EK89/90, from 5 December 2017.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Will this be an overhaul, or just some minor changes like on A380 ? (stars on carpet, larger screen, etc)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Will this be an overhaul, or just some minor changes like on A380 ? (stars on carpet, larger screen, etc)
We expect a major overhaul as seen in recent seat map for the new F , the seating layout suggests a overhaul. However I'm not 100% sure what we will see thou. EK better pull something good out the bag , such a shame we still see 2-3-2 on the 777's in J !
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Hoping for something interesting this time as the 777 2-3-2 was a great disappointment. Was shoe horned into one of those seats last night going DXB-COK.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:37 am

Hoping for something interesting this time as the 777 2-3-2 was a great disappointment. Was shoe horned into one of those seats last night going DXB-COK.
Was in 8E on DXB-HYD two days ago, I've always maintained that it's not a deal breaker for me. Of course direst aisle access is nice, but I actually find for sleeping the center seat (or Windows) on the 777 are the most cocooned, while the aisle seats are a little too exposed. Main issue is elbow room and stepping over neighbours (and getting FA's attention sometimes)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Flame3601
We expect a major overhaul as seen in recent seat map for the new F , the seating layout suggests a overhaul. However I'm not 100% sure what we will see thou. EK better pull something good out the bag , such a shame we still see 2-3-2 on the 777's in J !
Current F suite lacks sensation of space. It's just a large seat.
Hope that next generation F suite, will really offer space to walk around.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Current F suite lacks sensation of space. It's just a large seat.
Hope that next generation F suite, will really offer space to walk around.
It is just speculation but I agree and imagine that EK will move towards a more spacious design. The EY first apartment is a good place to look, however the actual seat on EY F is not great. limited recline and the leather Van Der Roe style has become tired imo.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:56 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by sydtogla
The EY first apartment is a good place to look, however the actual seat on EY F is not great. limited recline and the leather Van Der Roe style has become tired imo.
I completely agree here - the EY seat is very aesthetically pleasing, but comfort and function wise it is not very good IMHO.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:03 am

I actually hope they don't go too much towards an EY style design. I've flown EY F and agree with previous posters, I found the seat to be surprisingly uncomfortable for longer durations, and even the "bench"/"bed" not super comfortable either due to the side wall directly adjacent. The drawer for storage is difficult to access from the seat.

I see the point about the current EK F being less "roomy" but still find it to be perfectly spacious, and the seat is super comfortable. So my main concern would be that they manage to retain the comfort of the seat. In a way the EK F suite feels a bit like a pampered cocoon or desk kind of setup, a little more flat surface storage with non-slip surfaces around the side would be nice, as the high gloss finish makes stuff slip around and the mini bar kind of interrupts the flat surface, while the front "desk" section is a little far to reach and putting stuff there might block the TV
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Emirates Platnum
I was on SEA-DXB over the weekend and found the new 777 J seats to be far less comfortable than the older ones, especially while trying to sleep. Mainly this is because you have to angle your legs into the conical little section on the side making it quite awkward. I still find the old 777s the most comfortable J seats to sleep in, even though the A380s are much nicer when awake.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Shoe horned !? Time for a diet
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Shoe horned !? Time for a diet
Shoe horned, well they just don’t feel as spacious as the A380
Diet....Quite right !
It starts today, no airline(lounge) food for me for three weeks will help.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
.....In a way the EK F suite feels a bit like a pampered cocoon or desk kind of setup, a little more flat surface storage with non-slip surfaces around the side would be nice, as the high gloss finish makes stuff slip around and the mini bar kind of interrupts the flat surface, while the front "desk" section is a little far to reach and putting stuff there might block the TV
I have always said the use of the space in F is not as good as it should be, the mini bar would be better behind the light in that relatively useless space. Allowing for a slightly wider seat / bed and I would love the Singapore style bed, also the desk I find quite useless and drinks go onto it not ideal when your reclining so another thing I would remove or reduce.

Also better ventilation at the sides on the A380 as when the doors are closed it becomes stuffy and very warm.

However any change should be interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.