777 New First Class

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 19, 9:39 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: EK004 Regular
Wiki Link
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details)
Youtube Promo video of new 777F

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 12, 17, 11:21 am

CX has been having 1-1-1 in F for a long time in tgeir B777
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by HKprince View Post
Does anyone else think the service will suffer as a result of the new seat? Can't help but imagine it will be less personalized with cabin crew slipping canapes through the little service window and the 'room service' video call function allows them to be less proactive.

Also, as a privacy issue; isn't it a safety requirement for cabin crew to be able to see passengers? I know the current F has a camera in the cabin so that pax are in view. Does this mean they will be able to activate the camera from the video call function? That wouldn't be as private now would it...
Considering the original design idea for the suite was that people would call the galley with food orders, and that literally no one does so, I’d say crew will be along in person as usual

As for crew visibility, the requirement is access - the suites can be opened from the outside - otherwise EY would have had problems with their configs!
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:13 pm

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
Considering the original design idea for the suite was that people would call the galley with food orders, and that literally no one does so, I’d say crew will be along in person as usual

As for crew visibility, the requirement is access - the suites can be opened from the outside - otherwise EY would have had problems with their configs!
Ahh right that explains it! So what's the reason for the camera in current F? I thought it was necessary for cabin crew to have a clear view of passengers during takeoff/landing. That's why some airlines have slots in the bulkhead so that crew can see into the next cabin.
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
First routes are apparently going to be BRU and GVA, quite surprising they chose these over anything else... Starting December 1st.
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:47 pm

Yes, what is the rationale behind DXB-BRU/GVA? I'm not challenging it, but just want to be enlightened.
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold

Great detailed tour of the new F, as well as rest of the aircraft
Old Nov 12, 17, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Uzair View Post
Yes, what is the rationale behind DXB-BRU/GVA? I'm not challenging it, but just want to be enlightened.
I guess BRU has some premium pax with Nato and the EU but still, feel like they have more premium heavy markets served with the 77W.
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:12 pm

Ahh right that explains it! So what's the reason for the camera in current F? I thought it was necessary for cabin crew to have a clear view of passengers during takeoff/landing. That's why some airlines have slots in the bulkhead so that crew can see into the next cabin.
I imagine the doors will be locked to open during takeoff/landing as they are currently.
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
I imagine the doors will be locked to open during takeoff/landing as they are currently.
100%, safety issue in case of evac
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:21 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
I am not a fan of the curtains.
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:24 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
I am not a fan of the curtains.
My jury is still out on this one as well. Could be a nice feature - or utterly impractical and gathering dust (plus greasy fingerprints).
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:25 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Plat, QF SG, HH Gold, KLM FB
Originally Posted by XXTSGR View Post
My jury is still out on this one as well. Could be a nice feature - or utterly impractical and gathering dust (plus greasy fingerprints).
It is the fingerprints I'm worried about. It just feels like it will age quite quickly.
Old Nov 12, 17, 1:27 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
It is the fingerprints I'm worried about. It just feels like it will age quite quickly.
I agree. Maybe they'll replace them after every leg...
sydtogla likes this.
Old Nov 12, 17, 2:49 pm

Programs: Skywards
Does anyone else think the service will suffer as a result of the new seat? Can't help but imagine it will be less personalized with cabin crew slipping canapes through the little service window and the 'room service' video call function allows them to be less proactive.

Also, as a privacy issue; isn't it a safety requirement for cabin crew to be able to see passengers? I know the current F has a camera in the cabin so that pax are in view. Does this mean they will be able to activate the camera from the video call function? That wouldn't be as private now would it...
On most routes F is rather empty anyway. So the number of Pax probably wont change.

IMO, they should have sacrificed one seat and make a nice spacey bathroom. This is the biggest minus IMO compared to the A380 and for me a reason to not upgrade to F on 777. The seat itself I don't really care. The old F seat was good enough already.
Old Nov 12, 17, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Coffee drinker View Post
On most routes F is rather empty anyway. So the number of Pax probably wont change.

IMO, they should have sacrificed one seat and make a nice spacey bathroom. This is the biggest minus IMO compared to the A380 and for me a reason to not upgrade to F on 777. The seat itself I don't really care. The old F seat was good enough already.
They already removed 2 seats for the new cabin

Search this Thread