Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Any idea when the new F will be available to SIN?
And did EK mentioned something about new F on A380?

thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Casey Neistat back with a video and a cool gift from EK. We can expect a review of the new 777 F from him soon on BRU-DXB

Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:30 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
My big question is now: Do the centre suites (with the virtual windows) have (virtual) binoculars? 😏
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:49 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
For anyone interested, Casey Neistat review is up. I don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but it appears as though there is at least 3 empty suites in the cabin. While I understand EK's reluctance to release award seats in this new F cabin, isn't it just ridiculous to have empty seats when you can let people use points/miles for these? Surely points and miles mean something to the airline? Why not make some award seats available? I know revenue is much better than points/miles for the airline, but how is an empty seat better than that???
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by HB7
Surely points and miles mean something to the airline? Why not make some award seats available? I know revenue is much better than points/miles for the airline, but how is an empty seat better than that???
What means more to the airline is the revenue from paying first class customers who expect a certain image from an elite airline. The sort of people who do not want to sit next to a backpacking freeloader. EK is not the only airline that attempts to maintain some level of exclusivity. The good airlines do not normally offer easy access to first class.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
What means more to the airline is the revenue from paying first class customers who expect a certain image from an elite airline. The sort of people who do not want to sit next to a backpacking freeloader. EK is not the only airline that attempts to maintain some level of exclusivity. The good airlines do not normally offer easy access to first class.
Think calling someone whom has earned 100k+ air miles a "backpacking freeloader" is a tad harsh.

They could have two tiers of points; credit card and air miles. Let them be combined for non-F seats, but keep F rewards for genuine air miles only. Isn't the whole point in a loyalty scheme to reward those whom fly regularly with you?

To me, the issue with reward seats is that some people can earn them very easily using credit card spending (myself included, cheers EY).
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:31 am

And here's the pretty enthusiastic review of the new F:

Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Skywards
Flying a remote controlled drone in a plane? Not sure if this is legal.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
Neither is that outfit......
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
It's not smart, but I don't think it's illegal
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:22 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's not smart, but I don't think it's illegal
Yes, let’s not let this thread veer off into another Dress Code thread 🤭

S
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:56 am

Emirates sure are getting the vloggers in to market their new suites!

Smart for brand awareness, although not convinced that those whom can actually get these suites will be watching Neistat and the like.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Recondite
Emirates sure are getting the vloggers in to market their new suites!

Smart for brand awareness, although not convinced that those whom can actually get these suites will be watching Neistat and the like.
im watching 😎
thijsseh and Stephenk82 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
After watching that casey video my IQ dropped by 10. Not nearly as obnoxious as that shower pop-up shop guy. EK should not be encouraging such behaviour and ruining the ambiance for paying pax. If I was on that flight I would have demanded my money back.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
After watching that casey video my IQ dropped by 10. Not nearly as obnoxious as that shower pop-up shop guy. EK should not be encouraging such behaviour and ruining the ambiance for paying pax. If I was on that flight I would have demanded my money back.
why? Not sure you’d have seen or heard him and the flight looked like a 1/6 load anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.