Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Paella747
Drink enough Dom and those binoculars would work just fine!
^
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
There seems to be lots of space wasted at the sides.
I think it's nice to be able to stand up from the lounge/bed position with the door closed, which is not possible currently.
Neiltoo likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:47 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I guess for single travellers its an improvement. Revolution: no, evolution: yes.
For couples its a step back. Even though the divider between the 'old' E and F seats is rather substantial in the 'down' position, one can still have contact. On the (admittedly few) occasions I have flown F, there has always been (another) couple. So based on a very small and certainly not representative sample, the F cabin used to appeal to couples, the new one might not.
Maybe one can set the 'virtual window' to look into the other middle suite and vv.... (here I want to insert a smiley but the new forum format wants me to 'Go Advanced' to do that, wat a bother..

Looking at the lack of 'game changer' elements and the small number of planes that appear to be going to be equipped with the new suite, it seems mainly an expensive marketing hype to me. (another emoticon please)
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:11 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Is EK getting money from Mercedes Benz for all of the airtime they are giving them? Maybe MB will help fund the retrofit
From the EK Instagram page

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
^^ Not to be pedantic, but A6-EGJ definitely does not have the new F product
sydtogla likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I think fully enclosed floor to ceiling suite is probable. Wasn't there a rumor of it being like a train compartment?

That's a great upgrade if it is, because unlike the EY apartment one can actually have full control of lighting and temperature, the latter being a big factor.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Executive, LH Frequent Flyer
Emirates Boeing 777 PHENOMENAL new First Class Suite: a tour (Youtube clip)

On Friday December 1st, Emirates launched its refurbished cabins onboard its B777 aircraft. One of the first destinations to get the newly designed B777 aircraft is Brussels. For the occasion, Emirates held a media event, which I attended. Unfortunately, my schedule did not allow me to travel on the plane itself, but I was offered a tour of the aircraft and I made a Youtube clip with my impressions, which you can watch below.

Unfortunately, Emirates still sticks to the 2-3-2 layout in the new Business Class (although the seats look sleek and they go fully flat). Not sure what to make of that. In contrast, the new First Class suites are phenomenal (although they still have that bling-bling look that I am not a fan of). I was awestruck by the two suites in the middle aisle, which both feature 3 virtual windows (with the views from outside the aircraft projected via technology).

Neiltoo likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:35 am

New 777-300ER Chicago ORD to Dubai launch date?

Hi all,
i am dying to try out the new 777 first class cabin. At the time of release of the new aircraft Emirates has mentioned starting Service to and from ORD Chicago at some point in 2018. Has anyone heard any rumors as to when this will be? I am hoping to book a first class rewards ticket on the old 777 in hopes that I will be upgraded to the new plane.
Appreviate any feedback.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Infinite95
Hi all,
i am dying to try out the new 777 first class cabin. At the time of release of the new aircraft Emirates has mentioned starting Service to and from ORD Chicago at some point in 2018. Has anyone heard any rumors as to when this will be? I am hoping to book a first class rewards ticket on the old 777 in hopes that I will be upgraded to the new plane.
Appreviate any feedback.
Expect to not fly the new plane, chances are infinitesimal
Zol likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:07 am

Hi all,
Appreviate any feedback.
No total reward seats available for the new F I'm afraid. Not sure if you can upgrade J to F though.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by m3red
No total reward seats available for the new F I'm afraid. Not sure if you can upgrade J to F though.
If I book a confirmed first class reward ticket now for March or April 2018 and they decide to switch to the new 777 on that route then are you saying it’s possible that they would cancel my ticket? I would assume with their good customer service they would have to honor my first class booking on the new 777 if it is launched by then.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:25 am

If I book a confirmed first class reward ticket now for March or April 2018 and they decide to switch to the new 777 on that route then are you saying it’s possible that they would cancel my ticket? I would assume with their good customer service they would have to honor my first class booking on the new 777 if it is launched by then.
They will honour it, but the chance of the flight being switched to one of the 6 or 7 new 777s that will exist by then is close to 0%
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
They will honour it, but the chance of the flight being switched to one of the 6 or 7 new 777s that will exist by then is close to 0%
I understand the number of planes if very limited. Multiple articles (at least 3) after launch of new 777 quoted the following... (Forbes) “Travelers hoping to take the new seats in any class of service out for a spin do not have long to wait. The airline will put them into use December 1 on its routes from Dubai to Brussels and Geneva. It has been suggested that further destinations such as Chicago and Perth might follow, though no details are currently available.”

I was just curious if any members here had any further details regarding upcoming destinations.
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:48 am

I started this thread based on the fact that at least 3 articles I have seen since the launch of the new 777 have mentioned that Chicago may be one of the next destinations.

See the Forbes quote here: “Travelers hoping to take the new seats in any class of service out for a spin do not have long to wait. The airline will put them into use December 1 on its routes from Dubai to Brussels and Geneva. It has been suggested that further destinations such as Chicago and Perth might follow, though no details are currently available.”

I was hoping some members on this forum may have some details if one of the next few planes will start Service on that route.

Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:23 am

Stab in the dark - they wouldn’t cancel the award you’d have to be lucky! What I’m saying is for the routes that have the new f you can’t get an award seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.