Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Lkaroo
. . . . . although not particularly fair for the people who booked BRU with the intention of trying the new product.
That's always going to be a gamble if you book looking for specific hard product.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by m3red

my wife asked if kids can have status 😂

Anyway first flight for the new one is in August Dxb to man in F...can’t wait to see the looks on all the faces....before you ask I booked this before I knew she was preggo.
Yes, they can, just create a profile with a fake DOB...

Congrats - and enjoy that flight! Done it with our two little ones and we were the only pax in F. Lots of attention from the crew, pictures taken, babysitting (whilst me and Mrs XXTSGR enjoyed the Dom and our meals), the older one given a full tour of the A380 by the purser, a suite prepared for nap time etc. Was like a private jet!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Yes, they can, just create a profile with a fake DOB
Just like I did
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Just like I did
Yes, indeed.

I just love the look on the faces of the lounge dragons when my older son (4, soon to be 5) shows up with his Skywards Gold card pulling his Trunkie or when the purser comes round with his list to greet HVCs etc. He even asks for his own fast track card if they assume he's only a lowly Skysurfer! Priceless.
thijsseh likes this.

Last edited by XXTSGR; Jan 3, 2018 at 6:38 am
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I've got matched to EK silver and will soon fly EK in J. If the FA finds out that I am a full skywards member at 15 - their look should be priceless.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:44 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

my wife asked if kids can have status 😂

Anyway first flight for the new one is in August Dxb to man in F...can’t wait to see the looks on all the faces....before you ask I booked this before I knew she was preggo.

From this I am assuming this is your first kid...

Because believe me, even if not with EK, all kids have status with mommy and daddy..
XXTSGR likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've got matched to EK silver and will soon fly EK in J. If the FA finds out that I am a full skywards member at 15 - their look should be priceless.
As will yours when they realise at the lounge, and refuse you access
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:01 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

im going skiing ⛷ in France so it’s not completely out of the way.

im losing plat at the end of Feb as did not travel as much this year and I’m grounded from after April for a bit with the baby coming in June
Congrats on the baby. Do EK do anything special if a baby is born inflight on one of their services?

S
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
From this I am assuming this is your first kid...

Because believe me, even if not with EK, all kids have status with mommy and daddy..
no I have another one
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
As will yours when they realise at the lounge, and refuse you access
Will tell them parents are in lounge if they ask.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:00 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

no I have another one
So he / she must have ‘status’
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:32 pm

Will tell them parents are in lounge if they ask.
Then the look on your face, when they tell you to wait at the door and to ring your parents, who are inside, to come at collect you from the door.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Do EK do anything special if a baby is born inflight on one of their services?
They certainly do - there's always a "Welcome to the world of Emirates" cake on board for such occasions [more than one on certain sectors] and new parents and their offspring are accorded a free upgrade mid-flight, free Polaroid and free-flow Champagne (in J) or Dom Perignon (in F).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
They certainly do - there's always a "Welcome to the world of Emirates" cake on board for such occasions [more than one on certain sectors] and new parents and their offspring are accorded a free upgrade mid-flight, free Polaroid and free-flow Champagne (in J) or Dom Perignon (in F).
Not sure, they'll be in a festive mood.
I was on the flight that was diverted in May 2017 for a mother gone into labor. 6 hours delay in total. There is always food leftover in F, but surely not in Y. The 400 Y pax probably shared the cake.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: EK Plat
waiting to board... Aircraft parked at C4 so a nice walk to burn off some calories before the flight. Also a full 777 waiting in a small gate area is not the most luxurious of starts!

Last edited by Lkaroo; Jan 3, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.