Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Emirates | Skywards

777 New First Class

777 New First Class

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 19, 22, 2:46 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ft101
Wiki Link
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...ing-777-fleet/


Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54


Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.







Print Wikipost

Old Jun 12, 22, 12:53 pm
  #1021  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 662
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK318 NRT
EK819 RUH

The inaugural TLV flight will also be operated by the 77W with the new F.
It's also quite common to see the new F on KWI, BAH, and other RUH flights, but this is often only decided a couple days in advance.
onlysuites and SFO777 like this.

Last edited by CaptainEKAirbus; Jun 16, 22 at 1:22 am
CaptainEKAirbus is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 6:52 pm
  #1022  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,802
The dedicated thread has just been updated, including the Wiki, for flights from 1st August.
ft101 is online now  
Old Jun 15, 22, 11:04 am
  #1023  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
There are no retrofit 77W only the 77L were retrofitted. There are no public plans to retrofit J class but they are adding Premium Economy to some of the older frames. They seem to trying to use the new J frames on ATH-EWR so I think your chances are good but of course we cant know till the aircraft leaves DXB
Just flew EWR-ATH a few days ago on A6-EPV and confirm all this above. Not the new F but the new J. It was fantastic.
Filler03 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:05 am
  #1024  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 6
(From the Wiki)

Current known routes flown with new F:


GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK189 RUH
EK318 NRT
Since there are only 9 777's with the new F, is it logical to assume that as of Aug 1 2022, the 9 routes listed will operate with the new F, and the other known routes previously flown with the new F (ie JFK - EK201 / EK202 , SIN - EK352/353, MUC - EK53/54) have little to no chance of seeing the new F?

Last edited by dontsh00t; Jun 16, 22 at 8:11 pm
dontsh00t is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:36 am
  #1025  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 20,900
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus View Post
The inaugural TLV flight will also be operated by the 77W with the new F.
Nice... unless of course it's swapped out for old F like my recent NRT-DXB flight was.
SFO777 is online now  
Old Jun 16, 22, 4:06 pm
  #1026  
S.R
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: EK Gold, AA EXP
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by dontsh00t View Post
Since there are only 9 777's with the new F, is it logical to assume that as of Aug 1 2022, the 9 routes listed will operate with the new F, and the other known routes previously flown with the new F (ie JFK - EK201 / EK202 , SIN - EK352/353, MUC - EK53/54) have little to no chance of seeing the new F?
That must be an old list. No chance for JFK as EK doesn't operate any 777s to JFK anymore. All flights are operated by A380s.
S.R is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 8:11 pm
  #1027  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by S.R View Post
That must be an old list. No chance for JFK as EK doesn't operate any 777s to JFK anymore. All flights are operated by A380s.
That's true for DXB-JFK, but what about other routes like DXB-SIN (which definitely uses 777s)?

I'm just wondering if theres a chance the new F appears outside those 9 routes at all. In the past it seemed like EK didn't have enough fixed routes to deploy the 9 777s with the new F, and hence they were deployed as and where capacity called for it. But I suppose nobody can answer this question unless they work in/know someone in EK, so we'll just have to wait till mid-August or so to know for sure.

Anyway, this is just my own curiosity. I would have thought that EK would try to feature the new F on their longest haul and most lucrative premium markets, but it seems like they're mostly being used for ~6-7h flights to Europe.
dontsh00t is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 8:42 pm
  #1028  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, BA Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 20,900
Originally Posted by dontsh00t View Post
That's true for DXB-JFK, but what about other routes like DXB-SIN (which definitely uses 777s)?
According to EF, it looks like new F is already gone, replaced with old F 77Ws. And then A380s replace the 77Ws in a few months.

Last edited by SFO777; Jun 16, 22 at 8:48 pm
SFO777 is online now  
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:50 pm
  #1029  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,802
Originally Posted by S.R View Post
That must be an old list. No chance for JFK as EK doesn't operate any 777s to JFK anymore. All flights are operated by A380s.
Originally Posted by dontsh00t View Post
That's true for DXB-JFK, but what about other routes like DXB-SIN (which definitely uses 777s)?
Neither JFK or SIN are on the new list effective 1st August. I've struck through the old list on the Wiki to make it clearer.
ft101 is online now  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:03 pm
  #1030  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC GGL (Gallium Guest List), QRPC Molybdenum, Skywards Zirconium
Posts: 4,288
Originally Posted by dontsh00t View Post

Anyway, this is just my own curiosity. I would have thought that EK would try to feature the new F on their longest haul and most lucrative premium markets, but it seems like they're mostly being used for ~6-7h flights to Europe.
I think lots of things possibly wrong with the assumptions here.

- Firstly, longer doesnt mean more lucrative. Sure a JFK-DXB ticket costs more than a GVA-DXB, but does it cost at least twice as much? If not, its probably not more lucrative unless much higher load factor, as EK can use the same frame for two return Europe flights in less than the time it takes to fly to JFK once and back.
- A lot of the markets they have chosen probably are high margin with lots of wealthy people and high ticket prices relative to distance, like ZRH, GVA, NRT etc. Dont forget there are only 6 seats in new F, so EK seem to be focusing on routes where they will basically never need more than 6 seats but have a good chance of selling at least some of those seats for high prices.
- Finally, EKs most lucrative routes are probably the slot constricted ones that can also consistently sell out all 14 seats in A380 F with paying passengers, thinking of LHR and SYD here. EK needs to operate the biggest possible planes on these routes to maximise number of passengers. Why would EK switch these routes to a smaller plane with fewer seats just to be able to offer new F?

I think there is definite logic to where they are being deployed, its not random.
Moflav, m3red, DiamondMile and 1 others like this.
lost_in_translation is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 11:07 am
  #1031  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 662
Another one confirmed as operating with the new F class from Aug 1is:
EK045 FRA

Take note that this flight is often flown with a 2-class aircraft, so you may not be guaranteed the new product. I've updated the Wiki.
CaptainEKAirbus is offline  
Old Jun 28, 22, 4:54 am
  #1032  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 45
Are the window seats in Row 1 noticeably smaller than those in Row 2 (due to the curvature of the fuselage)?

Have a flight scheduled on the new F - as a solo traveller 2A would have been my ideal seat, but as luck would have it that seat got taken some time during the 48 hours it took me to finalise my plans. Every other seat is empty, so I'm debating between 1K (window seat with nobody "across the aisle", so to speak) or 2F (biggest seat but someone sitting across the aisle; virtual windows which I haven't tried before so could be a positive or negative).
Beepbop is offline  
Old Jun 28, 22, 9:13 am
  #1033  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Posts: 2,258
Originally Posted by Beepbop View Post
Are the window seats in Row 1 noticeably smaller than those in Row 2 (due to the curvature of the fuselage)?

Have a flight scheduled on the new F - as a solo traveller 2A would have been my ideal seat, but as luck would have it that seat got taken some time during the 48 hours it took me to finalise my plans. Every other seat is empty, so I'm debating between 1K (window seat with nobody "across the aisle", so to speak) or 2F (biggest seat but someone sitting across the aisle; virtual windows which I haven't tried before so could be a positive or negative).
Noticeably? I do think so in BOTH rows because I'm staring at it for 12 hours. The center ones do feel like more space and the virtual windows are spectacular. I'd take the middle in row 1 for the most privacy, crew will be there in 10 seconds flat, it's still very quiet and, if you think it's cool, you're the only one with the Ghaf tree on your suite.
saaveraward is online now  
Old Jun 28, 22, 6:01 pm
  #1034  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by saaveraward View Post
Noticeably? I do think so in BOTH rows because I'm staring at it for 12 hours. The center ones do feel like more space and the virtual windows are spectacular. I'd take the middle in row 1 for the most privacy, crew will be there in 10 seconds flat, it's still very quiet and, if you think it's cool, you're the only one with the Ghaf tree on your suite.
I see. Why do you consider Row 1 middle to be more private than Row 2 middle?
Beepbop is offline  
Old Jun 28, 22, 9:19 pm
  #1035  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Posts: 2,258
Originally Posted by Beepbop View Post
I see. Why do you. consider Row 1 middle to be more private than Row 2 middle?
Only if you would be the only pax in row 1.

As you described, there's a pax already in row 2.

Not that you're going to run in to the pax in row 2, but if you're solo in row 1, you wont see anyone but the crew the whole flight.

I was actually in the middle row 2 and the only other pax on the flight was in the adjoining window and I convinced him to move to row 1. 😁
saaveraward is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread