Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Skywards
Check out the live video stream being carried out by EK on Periscope just now:
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVMDldvZxB
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
I was there at the press release today and also saw the cabin on the aircraft. Looks really posh and feels extremely comfortable. Will post some photos here once I edit them a little.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Talking

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
My favourite is the floor to ceiling window, so full privacy......
Holy sh!t that would be terrifying!
And not very private on the ground......
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Paella747
Holy sh!t that would be terrifying!
And not very private on the ground......
That’s what electrochromatic glass is for
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I wonder what’s in store for the a380?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by m3red
I wonder what’s in store for the a380?
Pretty much the same suite.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Any idea if SQ new Suites is fully enclosed?
They're not.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Pretty much the same suite.
Any idea on when?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
In an era where J is becoming the new F, I truly expected something more from EK.

The Floor to Ceiling doors look great, but ultimately the current F doors are very private - and something offered in J by Delta, QR, and potentially others too.

The video calling aspect looks like a gimmick, but I look forward to hearing people shouting loudly into the screen, so as to order a glass of water.

The HD windows concept is really clever, so kudos to EK for coming up with that.

The most disappointing element though, has to be the seat itself. Sure, there is nothing wrong with a seat which turns into a bed, but it doesnt look any wider than the current one, and I'd have hoped for a bed within the Suite - similar to SQ and EY. I wonder, perhaps, whether this is down to the space needed on a 777 opposed to an A380, but someone brighter than me will know the measurements.

I think EK had an opportunity here to be the byword for First Class travel, similar to the original launch of the A380 F product. It's a shame they didn't take advantage.

M
NoY likes this.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Nov 12, 2017 at 11:11 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
One of the reports says there's room to change in the suite, even with the bed made. I can't picture it myself, but lets wait and see.
The seat (or bed) as a whole actually slides sidewards.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The HD windows concept is really clever, so kudos to EK for coming up with that - although as others have said, I wonder if that means the middle suites cannot be connected, even for conversing. In theory, there are no privacy screens to lower.
??? There are no dual center seats; the configuration is 1-1-1.
I also toured the aircraft today and was very impressed. Not as much about this seat being revolutionary, but it is so stylish IMO.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I also toured the aircraft today and was very impressed. Not as much about this seat being revolutionary, but it is so stylish IMO.
Once again I have to reiterate the real benefit of EK F to me is the absolute incredible comfort of the seat. Not as in comfortable for a few hours like a J seat, or ok to have a meal in like a Y seat, but comfortable enough that if be happy to have one at home to watch TV in. EY Apartments and by the looks of it SQ F fail in having sub-part seat comfort for the benefit of a bed in the space this saved. The Apartment is amazing for its sheer space and privacy, but the seat is uncomfortable after just an hour or two already and lacks recline to be able to sit for hours watching the IFE on a long flight. Everyone doesn't want to either eat or sleep.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:10 am

Going back to the travel as pairs - I missed in my earlier comments and I think others have forgotten or missed as well: there are no adjoining center suites anymore. It's 1-1-1 so the virtual windows adjoin an aisle behind that wall.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Ah, I forgot that bit!

M
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Does anyone else think the service will suffer as a result of the new seat? Can't help but imagine it will be less personalized with cabin crew slipping canapes through the little service window and the 'room service' video call function allows them to be less proactive.

Also, as a privacy issue; isn't it a safety requirement for cabin crew to be able to see passengers? I know the current F has a camera in the cabin so that pax are in view. Does this mean they will be able to activate the camera from the video call function? That wouldn't be as private now would it...
spizzy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.