FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New First Class
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:58 pm
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Just an unrelated follow up Q please (you clearly a guy who knows his EK product) .... I read about a new First bar product that was to be introduced onto 380's .... well new to me only doing a few EK's a year. Here's a link....

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/new-emirates-a380-bar/

Is this something you tend to see on the LHR / JNB routes? ... the new bar that is. Cheers
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The bar is not a First bar, but a shared Business and First. There is a small bar area at the front of F, but I don't believe that's changed.

As for the new main bar, reports haven't been favourable due to the new seating arrangements. Most of the recent A380s have been 2 class, so you won't see these on the LHR route (and probably not on JNB). So, it's very unlikely you'll see the new bar.
Indeed, I'd not rate the new bar that heavily as being something to go out of your way for, the main changes are the seating arrangement (supposedly less favourable to a group of strangers all being able to sit down) and the trim colours. As DYKWIA says most recent deliveries have been 2-class (no F cabin) (and there are currently only 5 or 6 A380s that have the new bar anyway, out of a fleet of 105) and LHR gets 3-class service on all flights, so it won't be appearing there. JNB it technically could, though there is another factor which is whether or not the frame is a ULR frame, and once again JNB (all SA routes in fact) is premium-heavy, so it'd be a 3-class, so even the occasional downgauge to a 2-class is unlikely to see a new frame with a bar as JNB is a 8h flight and thus doesn't require a CRC (I believe), lastly, and this is more anecdotal, SA routes tend to get older frames (certainly the case for CPT, where one often sees aircraft with the oldest version of ICE or the first version of ICE Digital Widescreen, aircraft in the EB* or EC* range, occasionally EN*)