Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Originally Posted by findark
The quiche is quite decent, the (I think) oatmeal if you want a cold breakfast, and the charcuterie if you're a European who wants that sort of thing for breakfast

Honestly, they're all fine offerings depending on what mood you're in.
Thanks for the ideas- most likely will go with the Quiche despite Pianoman109876 very detailed explanation of the Charcuterie (better than DL's version ofc) given my dietary restrictions! Looking forward to hearing more opinions!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
So, normally I would go with the quiche, but I didn't realize they're serving Cowgirl Creamery cheese.
Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Looking forward to hearing more opinions!
Just a second vote for the charcuterie plate. Although I've not had this on DL, the "Brooklyn" brand meats are of very high quality.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jul 25, 2022 at 10:52 am Reason: gr
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:29 am

DTW to MCO this coming Friday, was surprised to actually get a preselection for my meal. Less thrilling were the various options, can't say I find any of them that appealing (but I'm a fairly bland eater in general).

Pastrami Ruben on rosemary focaccia with swiss cheese, mustard and sauerkraut. served with a side flamed cauliflower salad
House made ricotta cappallacci pasta - with green asparagus and morel sauce. Served with a side flamed cauliflower salad.
Smoked salmon poke bowl - with avacado, mango, wakame, pickled yellow radish, edamame and tomato

Wife's allergic to mango, and neither of us like Salmon anyways, so the last one is pretty much out. I'm not really a fan of ricotta, and really don't believe mushrooms have anything to do with food . And I'm not really a fan of pastrami either.

On the plus side, it's not sad boxes, and the option to choose was available ahead of time. So I'll call that progress at least.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cardsqc
DTW to MCO this coming Friday, was surprised to actually get a preselection for my meal. Less thrilling were the various options, can't say I find any of them that appealing (but I'm a fairly bland eater in general).

Pastrami Ruben on rosemary focaccia with swiss cheese, mustard and sauerkraut. served with a side flamed cauliflower salad
House made ricotta cappallacci pasta - with green asparagus and morel sauce. Served with a side flamed cauliflower salad.
Smoked salmon poke bowl - with avacado, mango, wakame, pickled yellow radish, edamame and tomato

Wife's allergic to mango, and neither of us like Salmon anyways, so the last one is pretty much out. I'm not really a fan of ricotta, and really don't believe mushrooms have anything to do with food . And I'm not really a fan of pastrami either.

On the plus side, it's not sad boxes, and the option to choose was available ahead of time. So I'll call that progress at least.
This route has had hot meals since mid-March.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I wouldn't like the smell of pastrami, mustard, and sauerkraut on an aircraft, probably for days after the meal was served.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wouldn't like the smell of pastrami, mustard, and sauerkraut on an aircraft, probably for days after the meal was served.
Had the reuben last week and the amount of sauerkraut & mustard (and pastrami) is very minimal.. It's just so much focaccia.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
DL 459 TPA-SEA 1106-1401 737-800

Full PDB

Choice of the green chile chicken salad, impossible burger or Italian Burrata. By the time they got to me all they had were burgers. This frankly, sucked. The burger isn't terrible but this is a meal on a 5hr20 minute flight? Please.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:33 pm

Flying DTW to AMS next week. Options are Braised Beef Short Rib, Chicken Supreme, Spinach and Ricotta Polenta Crespelle, Lamb Shank, or Pappardelle Pasta. Any suggestions on what to have or not have?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

These have been the standard options on DTW-XXX flights for lunch for a while now, and in my opinion, are better than many of the other options. The salmon is pretty good if you like salmon (which you said you didn't). The ruben has very little mustard and sauerkraut. The pasta is tasty. Usually you also get a piece of chocolate cake/mouse type dessert.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Agree to disagree here. These platings are years ahead of pre-covid offerings. Nice, wholesome, and interesting combinations with a focus on health and wellness. I'm going to give Delta praise where its deserved. I don't think I'm alone here, but many FC pax likely visited the club before (and likely will after) a flight. There's food available if you're hungry.
I would not call an impossible burger "wholesome" or "interesting" even if you sprinkle feta cheese on it. It is a highly processed oil-filled patty that contains a generous 40% DV of saturated fat.

I for sure think they are trying too hard. I love eating healthy, organic, vegetable-forward, etc, but when it's done poorly it's so gross. If they are not actually going to invest in doing the food well, I really think they need to offer some simple dishes that are harder to mess up (like vegetarian pasta, for example).
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I would not call an impossible burger "wholesome" or "interesting" even if you sprinkle feta cheese on it. It is a highly processed oil-filled patty that contains a generous 40% DV of saturated fat.
For context, the comment was made regarding the Asian inspired dish with shrimp, veggies, and watermelon....
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Revolting Impossible Meals

Originally Posted by jdrtravel

I for sure think they are trying too hard. I love eating healthy, organic, vegetable-forward, etc, but when it's done poorly it's so gross. If they are not actually going to invest in doing the food well, I really think they need to offer some simple dishes that are harder to mess up (like vegetarian pasta, for example).
Can we at least be honest. The Impossible Meals are not only disgusting, but unhealthy as well. They are hugely caloric, and loaded with saturated fat. Frankly, I wonder if the Impossible company has offered rebates to the airline to include their slop on the menus. If a person wants to virtue signal there are better ways to do it than eating this phony stuff.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Can we at least be honest. The Impossible Meals are not only disgusting, but unhealthy as well. They are hugely caloric, and loaded with saturated fat. Frankly, I wonder if the Impossible company has offered rebates to the airline to include their slop on the menus. If a person wants to virtue signal there are better ways to do it than eating this phony stuff.
Good grief. Impossible products are not that bad and honestly give many more flyers an option over "pasta." There are many worse things to consume: high amounts of alcohol/soda/sugars. If the impossible option isn't your favorite, pre-order a salad or something else.

Honestly, the point of my original message was simple: Delta has stepped up their food game considerably when compared to pre-covid offerings in domestic FC... Desserts were pre-packaged dancing deer cookies, side salads were uninspiring, sometimes they gave you that hard, plastic wrapped bread stick thing... I'll take today's catering.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I disagree that it is significantly different from 2019 catering - seems to me about the same. Dessert was a wide variety of things, including packaged cookies - and it still is, if you look at the last post upthread.

To the extent that domestic catering is back to a one-tray service with decent options, that sounds like 2019 to me. I would not call the big push of Impossible-branded products a big note for either better or worse, just another food choice (and yes, I assume there is a partnership going on here).
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by SirJohnCard
Had the reuben last week and the amount of sauerkraut & mustard (and pastrami) is very minimal.. It's just so much focaccia.
Heh, I was actually pondering whether I might be able to harvest the focaccia and eat that with as minimal contamination from the mustard and sauerkraut as possible, because it's about the the only part of the meal I'd consider edible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.