FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:58 am
sfoeuroflyer

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Revolting Impossible Meals

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I would not call an impossible burger "wholesome" or "interesting" even if you sprinkle feta cheese on it. It is a highly processed oil-filled patty that contains a generous 40% DV of saturated fat.

I for sure think they are trying too hard. I love eating healthy, organic, vegetable-forward, etc, but when it's done poorly it's so gross. If they are not actually going to invest in doing the food well, I really think they need to offer some simple dishes that are harder to mess up (like vegetarian pasta, for example).
Can we at least be honest. The Impossible Meals are not only disgusting, but unhealthy as well. They are hugely caloric, and loaded with saturated fat. Frankly, I wonder if the Impossible company has offered rebates to the airline to include their slop on the menus. If a person wants to virtue signal there are better ways to do it than eating this phony stuff.