Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cardsqc
Den to DTW on Sunday they served us what they called lunch (3:35 flight? wouldn't have pegged that for lunch) which had the italian ham and tomato mozzarella, but the other option was the salmon salad.
Dinner starts at 4pm departure time.

Was the salmon salad in the same box with sticker as the others, or did it look different? Just curious.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by findark

Was the salmon salad in the same box with sticker as the others, or did it look different? Just curious.
Aren't lunch and dinner the same right now? A sad box is a sad box.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Anybody have any feedback on this menu? I'm learning short ribs but interested in the Cioppino.
Same menu for JFK - DUB next week. Chose the Cioppino. Will post photo and report... if Omicron measures don't make the trip unfeasible.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold
And man, that canned margarita is harsh. Must be the finest $6 bottle tequlia being used.
Tried the canned old fashioned a while back, and it tasted nothing like any old fashioned I've ever had, even the ones where I had to instruct the bartender on how to make an old fashioned . I'm sure the brand of whiskey was Old Rotgut . I'll stick with Woodford rocks.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
DTW-SEA in F earlier this week. Was originally on the morning flight that was operated on the A339 so was looking forward to a nice D1 seat but had to take a SDC to a later daytime flight instead. This was what the salmon salad looks like - only option I could have as someone who can't have gluten so I appreciated just having something - salmon was actually pretty tasty. Other options were fig and brie sandwich or prosciutto sandwich. The crackers and chocolate chip cookie were fed to a trash bin, but I have to say (especially as a Detroit-area native) that it was nice to see DL source the cookie from a local bakeshop in Detroit (Ferndale bakery called D'Vine Cookies). I did find it interesting that this flight was catered by Do&Co. I think DL is still using GateGourmet at SEA (AS uses LSG)

Don't have anything to say about the whole discussion on the cold meals but I do hope that they bring special meals back to domestic F.
findark and dtwlarry like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by findark

As per the picture that ab2013 posted, the box is the same as the rest.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ab2013
The crackers and chocolate chip cookie were fed to a trash bin, but I have to say (especially as a Detroit-area native) that it was nice to see DL source the cookie from a local bakeshop in Detroit (Ferndale bakery called D'Vine Cookies).
Didn't notice they were from a Ferndale bakery. I can understand why you tossed them with the gluten problem, but I actually thought they weren't too bad (although maybe on the dry side). I'm guessing that might mean that our flight was catered in detroit for the return flight.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by DCAhome
I could not imagine eating that!
I actually had this last night on PUJ-ATL and actually really liked it - just wish there was more to it! My girlfriend got some "southern charcuterie" dish and she wished she got mine after trying it (and she doesn't like Asian food that much!). They were out of the 3rd option - some short rib or beef sandwich or something like that (FA didn't read it but I saw it on her iPhone thing)
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
DTW to Den the previous week was outside meal hours, and they served us the bistro box as a snack, which as a snack to me didn't seem to be all that bad.

And man, that canned margarita is harsh. Must be the finest $6 bottle tequlia being used.
Originally Posted by Detroiter
Tried the canned old fashioned a while back, and it tasted nothing like any old fashioned I've ever had, even the ones where I had to instruct the bartender on how to make an old fashioned . I'm sure the brand of whiskey was Old Rotgut . I'll stick with Woodford rocks.
https://tiptopcocktails.com/cocktails/

I don't know, their Old Fashioned tasted pretty good. I don't get the sense they're sacrificing quality for profits that egregiously!

Last edited by dtwlarry; Dec 1, 2021 at 7:01 pm Reason: edited typo!
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
My choices next week ATL-GRU. Anyone have any input/experience with menu? The crab cakes look interesting and may fair well in the oven.

Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
D1 BOS-LAX Dinner Nov 29
Pre Ordered the Beef through the app. PDB of sparkling wine during boarding

Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by b_77W
D1 BOS-LAX Dinner Nov 29
Pre Ordered the Beef through the app. PDB of sparkling wine during boarding

It's just so hard for me to wrap my head around that is what passes for DeltaOne. Look at Jet Blue Mint. There is absolutely no comparison.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow
It's just so hard for me to wrap my head around that is what passes for DeltaOne. Look at Jet Blue Mint. There is absolutely no comparison.
Especially weird to me is that my experience in TAP business blows it away but is much cheaper.
DCAhome likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow
It's really quite simple: it's shareholders over passengers.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
A reason to avoid DL

Originally Posted by shoodawg
It's really quite simple: it's shareholders over passengers.
Pretty obvious to me. DL has now stolen the trophy for worst US airline. Having experienced the tragic cold boxes with self congratulatory messages written on them, I decided to do everything I can to avoid this airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.