Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA

Originally Posted by arunhn
Thanks! I just pre-selected the beef as well. I have no clue what a Chicken Roulade is.... I'll stick with the chewy, well done beef I am familiar with :-p
This is the chicken roulade on a recent transatlantic flight..it was quite tasty and the chicken was tender and moist. The portion size was fine for me but some folks may think it’s on the small side. The soup is a corn chowder eastbound and a Thai coconut soup westbound.

arunhn likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Was there a printed menu? Has anyone ordered AVML ex-CDG? Trying to decide if I should do it both directions or just one. Anyone tried it? Thoughts on what the second meal might be (hot/cold)?
No printed menus..frankly not sure if those will come back anytime soon. They will probably do what’s being done on D1 transcons (ie have it available on your PTV screen) when they roll out the post-pandemic long-haul D1 dining revamp. The current D1 meal service and selections are a pandemic-era set-up; I assume they will revamp it when international business travel picks back up, like what they just did with rolling out new selections for the D1 transcons.

For westbound TATL, here is the current oven-roasted chicken thigh option, with the Thai coconut soup, a salad, and a salted caramel ice-cream.

The pre-arrival meal is a choice between a salad with herbed grilled chicken, or a cheeseburger:

Basically the pre-arrival meal has not changed much since the pandemic.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2020 Edition

Upcoming JFK/LAX Delta One Breakfast Menu.

Anyone try the first two?
interestingly, the “cold oatmeal” has been renamed…
N830MH likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Upcoming JFK/LAX Delta One Breakfast Menu.

Anyone try the first two?
interestingly, the “cold oatmeal” has been renamed…
Have had the egg dish-not bad and quantity-wise quite substantial-the sausages and root vegetables mix were quite tasty while the two egg soufflé patties were a bit on the bland side…

Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: LH HON
AMS-SLC

Ricotta Tortellini. Not too bad.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
JFK CDG. AF... Gasp....real service. Real food. Real glassware. The horror.

​​​
Old Jul 8, 2021, 7:47 am

Wines

Flying jfk to mxp on Saturday and I was curious if the delta one wine selection was back. Delta currently said “limited selection of wines” but curious if they will pour by the bottle yet or not.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:00 am

Options for D1 LAX-JFK next week
HiAperture likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I’d assume they won’t have a pre-select option for the cold boxed “meals” starting July 13th on all remaining FC/D1 flights over 1,500 miles?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Just booked MSP-SEA. I know it's under 1500 miles so it does not qualify, but HOW can it be that you can fly first class for 4 hours over lunch and not get a meal?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:43 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Anyone flown to South America recently? Reports?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:35 am

for D1 flights with two meals listed, lunch and dinner, will there be options to select an entree for both, or is one meal considered the main meal and the other is a smaller 'before we land' type portion?

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Just booked MSP-SEA. I know it's under 1500 miles so it does not qualify, but HOW can it be that you can fly first class for 4 hours over lunch and not get a meal?
Science!!! Lmao.

Start spending your money with UA. They seem to have some sensibility
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
So in response to this post in the locked thread ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33388823-post4661.html

"the Snacks listed twice thing is funny. Come on IT people, lol"

Well, I have upcoming flights with Snacks, Drinks, Breakfast, Snacks

I decided to click. And yes, there is a difference. The first "snacks" is "Enjoy a choice of snacks during your flight" with a photo of CheezIt and Biscoff. The second "snacks" is "Premium Snack Selections
From healthy to indulgent, enjoy more premium snack options from brands you know and love. On your flight, choose from snacks such as fresh fruit, chips, chocolate and more" with a photo of various items that only a snack basket could love.

I can hardly wait.
demkr likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baker718
Flying jfk to mxp on Saturday and I was curious if the delta one wine selection was back. Delta currently said “limited selection of wines” but curious if they will pour by the bottle yet or not.
Not sure if this is standard now or just a one-off on my westbound TATL yesterday, but they had a choice of two reds (Bordeaux or Pinot) and two whites served from the bottles on the cart, like pre-pandemic times:

photojojo and aeroman380 like this.

Last edited by ClipperDelta; Jul 10, 2021 at 1:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.