Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:09 am

Liquor on Delta Flights

Does Delta still have the little bottles of rum and whiskey and baileys and such or is it now all the premixed cocktails?

I really do not care for any of the premixed ones I saw on the Delta website
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
The selection is more limited than it used to be. Rum and baileys are gone. You can still get bourbon, gin and vodka.
debarine and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TuxTom
The selection is more limited than it used to be. Rum and baileys are gone. You can still get bourbon, gin and vodka.
You forgot "Tennessee Whiskey"
debarine and defrosted like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Rum

I never understood why rum went away. It’s basic to so many simple drinks. I’ve considered sneaking a few on, but I never remember.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The lack of a Scotch on board is amazing as well.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by RobertS975
...as is the lack of Canadian Club!
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
How's the Vodka holding out in the air? Do the FA's say anything about it?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
How's the Vodka holding out in the air? Do the FA's say anything about it?
im interested in this also. I’ve heard mixed reviews of that new brand from Minneapolis. I will try it on Wednesday.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
If you like Woodford Reserve (neat or with ginger ale or cola), you'll be in tall cotton. I can't speak to the other kinds of hooch. I tried one of the pre-mixed can cocktails (I think it was the margarita) and thought it had an awful, metallic taste).

During the depths of the pandemic in 2020, I used to bring my own miniatures through TSA (which you could fit in your baggie), and then buy Cokes or Pepsis from an airside newsstand (since you couldn't get them on the plane, as DL had no inflight service). DL started cracking down on this practice, and then they started offering beer and wine in F (but no soft drinks).

The Big D ought to rethink its whole adult beverage program and get frequent flyer input into what we like. This might require a change in how they do business (such as cutting deals with one liquor manufacturer such as Brown Forman or Diageo). As I've noted before, the beer selections on board are totally uninspiring. They should have used the beer tasting event the other night to come up with some new and exciting offerings.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by xliioper
You forgot "Tennessee Whiskey"
You mean charcoal bourbon?

Originally Posted by RobertS975
If I remember correctly, the pre-covid scotch on board was Dewars White Label? I have no problem with a good blended whisky, but that stuff is so bland that I'm kind of ok with it being gone.

Originally Posted by ND76
If you like Woodford Reserve (neat or with ginger ale or cola), you'll be in tall cotton. I can't speak to the other kinds of hooch. I tried one of the pre-mixed can cocktails (I think it was the margarita) and thought it had an awful, metallic taste).

The Big D ought to rethink its whole adult beverage program and get frequent flyer input into what we like. This might require a change in how they do business (such as cutting deals with one liquor manufacturer such as Brown Forman or Diageo). As I've noted before, the beer selections on board are totally uninspiring. They should have used the beer tasting event the other night to come up with some new and exciting offerings.
The canned Old Fashioned isn't awful, though it is definitely too sweet for my liking. I would be 100% on board with a Brown-Forman deal. They've already got Woodford and Jack from B-F, and GlenDronach would be an excellent scotch (it's much better than The Macallan), even it was only in D1. I'm not a vodka drinker but I think people would be okay with Finlandia, and B-F has a couple of tequila brands that I'm guessing pax would enjoy. The only think still missing would be a rum, as I don't believe B-F owns any rum brands.
Duke787 and Monoboy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.