FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:38 am
TuxTom

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by xliioper
You forgot "Tennessee Whiskey"
You mean charcoal bourbon?

Originally Posted by RobertS975
The lack of a Scotch on board is amazing as well.
If I remember correctly, the pre-covid scotch on board was Dewars White Label? I have no problem with a good blended whisky, but that stuff is so bland that I'm kind of ok with it being gone.

Originally Posted by ND76
If you like Woodford Reserve (neat or with ginger ale or cola), you'll be in tall cotton. I can't speak to the other kinds of hooch. I tried one of the pre-mixed can cocktails (I think it was the margarita) and thought it had an awful, metallic taste).

The Big D ought to rethink its whole adult beverage program and get frequent flyer input into what we like. This might require a change in how they do business (such as cutting deals with one liquor manufacturer such as Brown Forman or Diageo). As I've noted before, the beer selections on board are totally uninspiring. They should have used the beer tasting event the other night to come up with some new and exciting offerings.
The canned Old Fashioned isn't awful, though it is definitely too sweet for my liking. I would be 100% on board with a Brown-Forman deal. They've already got Woodford and Jack from B-F, and GlenDronach would be an excellent scotch (it's much better than The Macallan), even it was only in D1. I'm not a vodka drinker but I think people would be okay with Finlandia, and B-F has a couple of tequila brands that I'm guessing pax would enjoy. The only think still missing would be a rum, as I don't believe B-F owns any rum brands.