Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by MissJ
I'm not expecting a feast, but what about special dietary needs? That's just not a thing right now?

I'm going to try to just eat before boarding but just in case. I would at least like to have something available. It's actually for my mom, I can pick at just about anything but she has some restrictions.
Suggest you bring your own food ... it is what it is right now.
You will be served food; pictures and options will be like shown in the past 10-15 pages of this thread.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Suggest you bring your own food ... it is what it is right now.
You will be served food; pictures and options will be like shown in the past 10-15 pages of this thread.
Thanks. That's definitely what I will do. I guess I just saw multiple mentions of special meal selections but now that I look back again, seems like most of those are on international routes.

Well, at least I know the dining options at ATL really well. Going to have a plan ahead a little for that 6am return from PDX. I've spent plenty of time there, but not at 6am. Well, a couple of times but I was coming from my own house.

Last edited by MissJ; Dec 14, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
DUB - JFK in D1

Had the Burrata Pasta dish that is served on seemingly all US-bound TATLs. Was only lukewarm but reasonably tasty. Salad was ok but bland, soup ok likewise. Roll not warm but not frozen. Couldn't face yet another icecream tub for dessert. On the upside: lime in my San Pellegrino!

Then half-way through the flight... I smelled that wonderful smell of yore. Warm cookies!

I was so happy and expressed happiness and FA gave me another!

Skipped 2nd meal but it looked tasty... some kind of salad and maybe a sandwich?
sspontak likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Pre-order options for my JFK-CDG flight next week:

Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:46 pm

JFK-LAX. Chicken meatloaf, polenta + spinach, beet salad, cheesecake and a shockingly good rosemary focaccia bread.

Meatloaf tasted exclusively of orange rinds - to the point where you could see full on pieces of orange peel in the minced meat. Very odd taste for meatloaf as that was the only thing you tasted. Couldn’t even be masked by the tomato sauce.

Polenta and spinach were great.

Oddly this is the second dish in as many flights where they overdid it with a citrus rind. On my previous flight they served a Cuban sandwich where the pork was “orange marinated,” but had some peel shavings as a topping on the sandwich. Seems like an odd flavor choice all around as a little bit in a savory dish goes a longggg way.

sspontak likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Options on my upcoming JFK-LHR flight. I'm going to decline (short flight and it leaves late).

Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
AA announcing a return to real meals as soon as next month. No excuses now, DL. https://viewfromthewing.com/american...m=BoardingArea
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:16 pm

Do any of you high status people tired of the sad box voice your complaints to delta corporate?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Every single flight…it has done no good.

i do travel with my own wine glass now.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by seattleBH
i do travel with my own wine glass now.
Respect
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Skipped 2nd meal but it looked tasty... some kind of salad and maybe a sandwich?
The pre-arrival second meal on TATL westbound this month are either a cheeseburger or a crab cake salad:

Photo was from flight last month but was one of the choices on yesterday’s flight to JFK

Crab cake salad snack pre-arrival yesterday into JFK
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by demkr
AA announcing a return to real meals as soon as next month. No excuses now, DL. https://viewfromthewing.com/american...m=BoardingArea
Do you believe Delta has needed/depended on an "excuse" to date?

Regards
hhdl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The pre-arrival second meal on TATL westbound this month are either a cheeseburger or a crab cake salad:

Photo was from flight last month but was one of the choices on yesterday’s flight to JFK

Crab cake salad snack pre-arrival yesterday into JFK
That looks TERRIBLE.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Do any of you high status people tired of the sad box voice your complaints to delta corporate?
Yes I do. After every flight. I also voice my complaints by purchasing flights on other airlines when price and convenience make sense.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by hotshot265
Yes I do. After every flight. I also voice my complaints by purchasing flights on other airlines when price and convenience make sense.
OK, good, maybe if enough do it it will matter. I figure my voice as a lowly carry over MQM Platinum probably isn't worth much, but still try. Then again, it's been over a month and they still haven't done anything about my destroyed stroller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.