Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
This might be asked and answered above, so apologies if this is a duplicate question. Does anyone have ANY idea when real, actual food is supposed to return to Delta FC? I typically don't complain, especially on shorter flights or flights where I get upgraded, but I've paid for some longer FC segments this year and continue to be disappointed by the lackluster food and beverage offerings. I've heard FAs say conflicting things about this, so just curious if anyone in the know has information.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
This might be asked and answered above, so apologies if this is a duplicate question. Does anyone have ANY idea when real, actual food is supposed to return to Delta FC? I typically don't complain, especially on shorter flights or flights where I get upgraded, but I've paid for some longer FC segments this year and continue to be disappointed by the lackluster food and beverage offerings. I've heard FAs say conflicting things about this, so just curious if anyone in the know has information.
Rumors on here are Q1 2022 so that could mean as early as January or as late as March.

My patience is really wearing thin with this considering every other airline (perhaps in the world?) Is back to serving real food. It's embarrassing at this point
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
Rumors on here are Q1 2022 so that could mean as early as January or as late as March.

My patience is really wearing thin with this considering every other airline (perhaps in the world?) Is back to serving real food. It's embarrassing at this point
my feb 25 lie flat transcon first is just showing snacks. Honestly I didn't even think to check it because surely transcon first gets a meal. Nope
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
@JonNYC on Twitter who is a reliable source (albeit more on AA news vs DL) reported that they are coming back sometime in Q1 2022 but so far no official announcements from DL.
Daitheflu84 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
2 hour mechanical delay with a change of planes today JFK-SFO. I'm flying paid W and when we were finally underway, I asked for some potato chips with my drink and was told the new plane wasn't fully catered, and was given the small bag of almonds instead.

Great service recovery by the FAwho comped me a bistro box, but it's frankly ridiculous not to have at least a buy on board program with fresh choices on a premium transcon, let alone a free sandwich or similar for all.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
my feb 25 lie flat transcon first is just showing snacks. Honestly I didn't even think to check it because surely transcon first gets a meal. Nope
Yeah, that's ridiculous. I've got an upcoming paid FC flight from BOS-SEA and I shudder to think about what shabby and soggy little sandwich will be on offer. I'm mostly paying for the D1 seat aboard the 752, but it's absurd what they're peddling to us on long-haul domestic FC right now.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by demkr

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
@JonNYC on Twitter who is a reliable source (albeit more on AA news vs DL) reported that they are coming back sometime in Q1 2022 but so far no official announcements from DL.
Thank you both. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later; l don't know how many more soggy ciabatta sandwiches I can eat, at this point!
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Yeah, that's ridiculous. I've got an upcoming paid FC flight from BOS-SEA and I shudder to think about what shabby and soggy little sandwich will be on offer. I'm mostly paying for the D1 seat aboard the 752, but it's absurd what they're peddling to us on long-haul domestic FC right now.
Fortunately there’s no need to worry — BOS-SEA gets a full meal in F (in fact the same catering as what you’d get on D1 BOS-LAX)
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Fortunately there’s no need to worry — BOS-SEA gets a full meal in F (in fact the same catering as what you’d get on D1 BOS-LAX)
Awesome, thank you for the update! I wasn't sure, since this isn't marketed as D1. Definitely will make the 6-hour flight a better experience.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:27 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by work2fly
2 hour mechanical delay with a change of planes today JFK-SFO. I'm flying paid W and when we were finally underway, I asked for some potato chips with my drink and was told the new plane wasn't fully catered, and was given the small bag of almonds instead.

Great service recovery by the FAwho comped me a bistro box, but it's frankly ridiculous not to have at least a buy on board program with fresh choices on a premium transcon, let alone a free sandwich or similar for all.
Not to mention, AA has resumed providing a complimentary snack in Y on the premium transcons (sandwich/wrap, hummus plate or fruit and cheese plate); not sure what the situation is on UA right now in the back on these routes.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Yet ATL-LAX is just a snack?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Yet ATL-LAX is just a snack?
Sad box which Delta considers a full meal.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Sad box which Delta considers a full meal.
interesting. It says snack in my flight info
Daitheflu84 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting. It says snack in my flight info
If you are on the 9:25PM ATL-LAX flight, you get a snack box as meal boxes are not served on flights that depart on/after 9PM (unless over 2300 miles) -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
If you are on the 9:25PM ATL-LAX flight, you get a snack box as meal boxes are not served on flights that depart on/after 9PM (unless over 2300 miles) -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...ce/first-class
Ahhh. I wonder if this is at all related to it having immediate upgrade with a RUC availability. Wonder if I should pull that RUC back and see if my PM status gets me upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.