Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets

IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING?!!?!!?
Interesting strategy with the BOS transcons.... I wonder if that means the end of D1 service (and FC with flat-bed seating) out of BOS. That, to me, would seem like a service downgrade.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Interesting strategy with the BOS transcons.... I wonder if that means the end of D1 service (and FC with flat-bed seating) out of BOS. That, to me, would seem like a service downgrade.
I was more referring to the hot meal bit for domestic first.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Please don't flame me. I tried to find a better thread, but search hates me.

Now that it's cold and people are wearing coats, are the FC FAs hanging them up. Or are they using Covid as an excuse not to bother? My guess is the answer is YMMV. But real world experience would be helpful. Apologies and TIA in advance.
Originally Posted by xliioper
Yes, FAs are hanging up coats (at least as far as I have seen on my last few flights).
Yes, unasked, four for four this week: two mainline, one Endeavor, one Republic.
Two of four returned before deplaning--other two forgotten, reminded, then handed out as we passed by.
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They had a Pastrami on Rye meal box option on lunch flight today. Not as bready as the other sandwich options. Also, there was a roast beef salad option on a dinner flight today.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 17, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:47 pm

Maybe they’ll have D1 suites on the A321NEOs like JetBlue has the Mint suites and studio?

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
Maybe they’ll have D1 suites on the A321NEOs like JetBlue has the Mint suites and studio?
OT but no. The 321neo seats were unveiled before Covid.

https://news.delta.com/delta-introdu...-a321neo-fleet
Old Nov 21, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Upcoming choices for a JFK-NCE D1 trip:

Interested to see how the Cioppino will work out on a plane!
These are actually the exact options on my JFK-CDG flight this coming Saturday, NOT doing the Cioppino but am conflicted between the short rib and the meatballs - anybody have this variation of the meatballs? Or the chicken thigh? Similiar dishes to the meatballs seem to have good reviews here. This is my first D1 flight ever (mileage needed was low) - Flying Economy on the way back so this is my one chance to enjoy D1.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:22 pm

I've enjoyed the BBSR a few times JFK-LAX. Sounds like a crap shoot.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Two "breakfast" flights this morning. PHL-MSP had Bistro snack box and a shelf stable cold oatmeal box. MSP-SLC was much better with choice of 3 fresh boxes. The banana bread with ricotta and berries is quite tasty.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Had a smoked salmon box for lunch today on an ATL-LAS flight today. Good smoked salmon over arugula, slices of red onion, half a hard boiled egg, two halved cherry tomatoes, 2 sliced fingerling potatoes, 3 green beans halved and a lemon wedge. For dessert, a slice of pumpkin swirl bread.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Had a smoked salmon box for lunch today on an ATL-LAS flight today. Good smoked salmon over arugula, slices of red onion, half a hard boiled egg, two halved cherry tomatoes, 2 sliced fingerling potatoes, 3 green beans halved and a lemon wedge. For dessert, a slice of pumpkin swirl bread.
That sounds absolutely disgusting to me - but then again, I would almost never choose salmon assuming there are other options. Nice to see there was a dessert that wasn't a pre-packaged chocolate chip cookie, though I have tended to save those to take home.
TastyPlaneEats and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I've learned the hard way that fish (at least on Delta) is hit or miss. If it's hot, it's most likely going to be overcooked because it was cooked all the way and then reheated. If it's salmon, it will most likely be served cold for this reason. Smoked salmon though, is something that I wouldn't hesitate to select. Smoked salmon is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 12:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by diburning
I've learned the hard way that fish (at least on Delta) is hit or miss. If it's hot, it's most likely going to be overcooked because it was cooked all the way and then reheated. If it's salmon, it will most likely be served cold for this reason. Smoked salmon though, is something that I wouldn't hesitate to select. Smoked salmon is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good!
if it smells like fish, don't eat it
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
For anyone who has flown on an FC-marketed flight that has hot meal service (BOS-SEA, BOS-SFO), were you able to pre-order in the app/online before your flight?
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:28 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes on BOS-SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.