Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chuck1
What can one expect in first on the 737-800 SEA-IAD for what they say will be lunch?
The sad box with choice of sandwich. Well documented in this thread.
NotHamSarnie and cmd320 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:31 pm

Looking to fly MSP to HNL non-stop in January. Does anyone know what the food situation is currently like if we are flying delta one?
I did try to look at Deltas website, but got conflicting (possibly outdated) information... So now I found the FT forums- Hoping someone can help us out!! Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by budahnb
Looking to fly MSP to HNL non-stop in January. Does anyone know what the food situation is currently like if we are flying delta one?
I did try to look at Deltas website, but got conflicting (possibly outdated) information... So now I found the FT forums- Hoping someone can help us out!! Thanks
Delta One marketed flights (including MSP-HNL) get hot meals and meal pre-selection. FC marketed flights (with exception of BOS/JFK-SEA FC flights) get cold meal boxes with no meal pre-selection (this includes FC marketed flights on Delta One equipment).
simonsuo likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by budahnb
I just flew HNL-ATL in Delta One. We were given a meal pre-selection e-mail several days in advance, and the meal choices also showed up in the Delta app. We have choice of Chilean Sea Bass, Chicken Thigh or a vegetarian selection that I've already forgotten. I picked the chicken and it came with green beans and black rice. There was also a (cold) roll with butter, a green salad and a small raspberry cheesecake dessert. We did have PDB in plastic glasses. I think prosecco was the only choice. And we also had actual glass wine glasses with dinner -- and the wine was poured from regular-sized bottles.

The pre-arrival breakfast was a choice of an omelet with roasted potatoes and cut fruit (which is what I picked) or cold oatmeal.

The in-air service felt almost pre-COVID, and the HNL Skyclub was *great*. They had hot meatballs, soup, sandwiches, and poke. I know there are no views, but the service was friendly and personable.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:14 pm

What's the liquor selection like these days in D1 TATL?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by TheDrPhil
What's the liquor selection like these days in D1 TATL?
They actually had Macallan 12 when I flew in September. Nice touch if you like scotch
TastyPlaneEats and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:35 pm

Thank you so much for all the quick replies- It is greatly appreciated!!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Anyone have experience with these options? I'm thinking of selecting either the short rib or the sea bass. I saw pics and mixed reviews of the short rib, but haven't seen anything about the sea bass.

Last edited by diburning; Nov 3, 2021 at 10:11 pm
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Today was the first “sad box” I’ve seen without the covid excuses on the inside of the lid. Apologies as I made a bit of a mess of the setup before I realized it.

Seems like they’re here to stay for longer than expected.

Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by diburning
Anyone have experience with these options? I'm thinking of selecting either the short rib or the sea bass. I saw pics and mixed reviews of the short rib, but haven't seen anything about the sea bass.
There've been a number of posts; it's generally been well-received.

Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Today was the first “sad box” I’ve seen without the covid excuses on the inside of the lid. Apologies as I made a bit of a mess of the setup before I realized it.

Seems like they’re here to stay for longer than expected.
They were only rolled out starting at the end of July. I doubt they would have bothered to roll them out if they were only going to be around for a few months. I would not expect to see hot meal service in FC until sometime in 2022.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
I see the wooden cutlery is gone as well.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Originally Posted by Jon Francis
Interesting. I still got the wooden cutlery this past Sunday...but that was the last day of October. Maybe things changed on November 1. i guess I'll see for myself tomorrow.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Interesting. I still got the wooden cutlery this past Sunday...but that was the last day of October. Maybe things changed on November 1. i guess I'll see for myself tomorrow.
I'll find out tomorrow as well. I wonder if they ditched those when they ditched the Covid messages on the boxes?
Seat 1F likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:06 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Jon Francis
Probably a supply chain issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.