Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:06 am
v4r

Programs: AA Gold
Domestic first on D1 hardware. ATL-LAX on the A350.
Bottle of water waiting in pod.
No PDB.
Choice of charcuterie box or Noodle salad. I chose the noodle salad.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by v4r
No PDB.
I could not imagine eating that!
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by v4r
No PDB.
how was it?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:45 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Ah the excitement of eating asian with wooden sticks
NotHamSarnie, cmd320, v4r and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:49 am
v4r

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
how was it?
Better than a sandwich I guess.
It had mushrooms, a peanut sauce, sesame seeds, scallions, soba noodles and weirdly, asparagus. With the wasabi peas on the side it was fine.
Would have preferred a hot meal obviously. But I had mac and cheese, pulled pork, and tomato bisque in the Sky Club prior so there was that🤷‍♂️
DCAhome and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but they look like royal trumpet mushrooms to me, which are quite expensive, like more than $10/lb. They're tasty and meaty when roasted or seared.
v4r likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:26 pm

Upcoming LAX-BOS flight. Anyone had the Marsala before?

Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
The cold breakfast boxes are pathetic. Really hope hot meals come back soon. Breakfast options on 2 flights last week in First: cold salad, gross cold oatmeal, or banana bread. Banana bread is not bad but not really a breakfast..
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:38 pm

No meal services listed for one segment

This is a flight that doesn't happen for another year, so I am just curious. Why is it that on a 4 segment trip, on one segment there is nothing listed for Meal Service, but there is on the other segments? Just another website glitch? If you're curious it's DL272 JFK-LIS where it doesn't show up. Flight is October 2022, by which time maybe there will be no food service, due to covid, and I won't care one way or the other.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DCAhome
I could not imagine eating that!
Me, either! I won't eat it! I only I like eat pasta with 5 cheese ziti, but no vegetable and no spinach.

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Upcoming LAX-BOS flight. Anyone had the Marsala before?

Yes! We make a chicken Marsala. It's so delicious! I like to eat Indian foods.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K
DL327 SEA-JFK Delta One. Seat 1A. Nov 26 2021 Water was on side table as PDB. FA on my side was very nice. Drinks offered in a glass. I had been curious about special meals during covid times and I had not seen any data points. So, I Pre-ordered halal meal since main options didn't wow me and I was feeling a little adventurous 😂. Anyway, it paid off. Dish was delicious, but then, I love Indian food. Chicken + Curried Lentils with potatoes, rice, and garlic Naan. So flavorful! Sides were pretty basic, though. I was worried the dish would be catered as a vegetarian meal but nope.

Small bummer was that dessert was fruit and not a real dessert. Imo, fruit ain't no damn dessert. 😉

N830MH, krazykanuck and FlyerWx like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
DL327 SEA-JFK Delta One. Seat 1A. Nov 26 2021 Water was on side table as PDB. FA on my side was very nice. Drinks offered in a glass. I had been curious about special meals during covid times and I had not seen any data points. So, I Pre-ordered halal meal since main options didn't wow me and I was feeling a little adventurous 😂. Anyway, it paid off. Dish was delicious, but then, I love Indian food. Chicken + Curried Lentils with potatoes, rice, and garlic Naan. So flavorful! Sides were pretty basic, though. I was worried the dish would be catered as a vegetarian meal but nope.

Small bummer was that dessert was fruit and not a real dessert. Imo, fruit ain't no damn dessert. 😉
Good for you!! I'm so happy that you ate Indian foods. It's so delicious! I'm glad! Enjoy your Indian foods.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
This is a flight that doesn't happen for another year, so I am just curious. Why is it that on a 4 segment trip, on one segment there is nothing listed for Meal Service, but there is on the other segments? Just another website glitch? If you're curious it's DL272 JFK-LIS where it doesn't show up. Flight is October 2022, by which time maybe there will be no food service, due to covid, and I won't care one way or the other.
If you click on the Flight number, it shows dinner.

Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:12 pm

Options on a 1,000 skywest flight for lunch were turkey sandwich, roast beef sandwich, or veggie bowl. I had the roast beef and it was awful and made worse because it was partially frozen. Meal orders were taken by status - certainly the first time I have seen that on OO. Medallions on complimentary upgrades (6), followed by paid F (1), then nonrev (4) and 1 empty seat.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes! We make a chicken Marsala. It's so delicious! I like to eat Indian foods.
Uh... are you confusing that for chicken (tikka) masala? Chicken marsala is an Italian-American dish.
cmd320 and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.