Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Current 2021 First Class meal service status -- Current FC meal service consists of cold meal boxes with the exception of JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO FC marketed flights which receive hot meal service. This includes both domestic and international DL FC marketed flights. Otherwise, only D1 marketed flights receive hot meals. All flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM receive meal service in FC. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

There have been no official announcements from DL concerning when hot meals will return to FC, however, it is rumored it will return Q1 2022.

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2021 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by dtwlarry
https://tiptopcocktails.com/cocktails/

I don't know, their Old Fashioned tasted pretty good. I don't get the sense they're sacrificing quality for profits that egregiously!
Don't know about their Old Fashioned myself, I don't drink all that much, and one of the few things I do drink tend to be Margaritas, generally with a reasonable tequila in them. The old Avion and separate tequila mix was better. The tiptop one, eh, the harshness of it to me spoke of a cheap tequila, but then, at least you could actually tell there was tequila in it I suppose. But to me, eh, just way too harsh of a drink to make it worth it.

My wife's just irritated because Bailey's didn't make it back when they brought back alcohol.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: DL PM
Hopefully the short ribs are better than the last time (ATL-CDG).

Old Dec 3, 2021, 11:20 am

EWR-MSP

Cold boxes choices of Strawberry Chicken Salad, Italian Ham or Tomato Mozarella Sandwich. The salad isn't bad, the portion size just screams snack.

LAX-BOS

Chose the Chicken Marsala. Was tasty except for the kale. Bread was cold (would it kill them to shove it in the over for 30 seconds).

Chicken Marsala
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by onebobobo
Hopefully the short ribs are better than the last time (ATL-CDG).

annoying to see that they are still using this same menu for the entire year… will they ever change it up?
Skicruiser58 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cardsqc
Don't know about their Old Fashioned myself, I don't drink all that much, and one of the few things I do drink tend to be Margaritas, generally with a reasonable tequila in them. The old Avion and separate tequila mix was better. The tiptop one, eh, the harshness of it to me spoke of a cheap tequila, but then, at least you could actually tell there was tequila in it I suppose. But to me, eh, just way too harsh of a drink to make it worth it.

My wife's just irritated because Bailey's didn't make it back when they brought back alcohol.
I appreciate the gesture of the Tip Top cocktails, but I'd really rather see Delta stock On The Rocks. Their premixed cocktails are surprisingly high quality and I feel both the old fashioned and margarita are winners.

I do enjoy the Tip Top old fashioned for what it is, but I think the margarita is a total miss - they should swap it out for a different solution at the first opportunity, IMHO.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: DL GM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by BenA
I do enjoy the Tip Top old fashioned for what it is, but I think the margarita is a total miss - they should swap it out for a different solution at the first opportunity, IMHO.
Tip Top's canned negroni is kind of strange, too. I wish Delta was stocking the Manhattan on flights but I guess any canned cocktail option is better than me bringing my own bitters, sugar, and stirrer on board like I used to 😂
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I actually liked the Negroni but it wasn’t a classic one. Good but just different. The Manhattan is their best drink but I don’t mind the Old Fashioned as well.

My favorite beverage is now the Gin and Tonic with Fever Tree tonic (which is amazing). The only thing you need is to snag a lime in the SkyClub since they don’t cater those anymore. Apparently limes harbor COVID
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by b_77W
I'm not usually one to troll with comparisons like this, but the sponge-cake-chocolate-brownie-thing in the corner really made the comparison too perfect not to make:

Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by puck021
I actually liked the Negroni but it wasn’t a classic one. Good but just different. The Manhattan is their best drink but I don’t mind the Old Fashioned as well.
Yeah the marg is the weakest of the Tip Top options, IMO. Lately I just stick to Woodford.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:42 pm

Hungry-man gives two pieces of steak unlike the cheapskates at Delta!!

Originally Posted by BenA
I'm not usually one to troll with comparisons like this, but the sponge-cake-chocolate-brownie-thing in the corner really made the comparison too perfect not to make:

DiverDave, AeRoSpaceman and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: DL PM
MSP-AMS. Short ribs and the egg breakfast.

Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:30 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bubbashow
It's just so hard for me to wrap my head around that is what passes for DeltaOne. Look at Jet Blue Mint. There is absolutely no comparison.
Obviously it’s in a different (lesser) league to B6, but I just flew AA lie flat business on this route (BOS-LAX) and service was mostly back to pre-COVID levels:
- glassware and nuts
- salad and appetizer served as a course before the entree
- dessert (choice of ice cream, chocolate tart or fruit and cheese) served as a course after the entrees

What was missing compared to pre-covid were PDB, hot towels, and the nuts and bread were not warmed
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
Hungry-man gives two pieces of steak unlike the cheapskates at Delta!!
The Hungry Man meal is better plated too.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I have an upcoming JFK-SFO in C+. Is the only difference in F&B as compared to economy the free alcohol?

​​​​​

​​​​​
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by work2fly
I have an upcoming JFK-SFO in C+. Is the only difference in F&B as compared to economy the free alcohol?

​​​​​

​​​​​
you also could get more snack options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.