Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
This is what UA is serving on a flight under 1000 miles. Yet we'll be getting cold oatmeal on 1500+ flights. Just sad.

Never thought I'd want to switch back to UA...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33357234-post565.html
I’m not sticking up for DL’s service changes, but that example on a <1000 mile flight is the exception not the rule because it’s hub to hub. For most flights, UA’s threshold for hot meals is 4 hours. I have a 1350 mile UX flight coming up departing a hub at 7pm, and the flight details say snack. I’m expecting the choice of the two awful sandwiches with no sides or a sad box.

Back to Delta, offerings were still very sad on my flight’s yesterday and today. 750 mile flight had one pass for drinks and one pass for the snack basket. I ordered a double Woodford, but my seat mate had to get up and ask the FA for a second Miller Lite. She mostly sat in her jump seat the whole flight (seatbelt sign was off). Today, 480 mile flight had choice of Kind bar or Cheezits and one round of drinks although it took an hour from departure to serve the first round, so I wouldn’t have had time for a second round if I wanted. Both flights did have the Elevated IPA catered. I found it to be better than the other Sweetwater offerings but still not amazing. I definitely prefer the Breckenridge IPA on UA.
demkr and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I am not making any long term decisions on anything because of CCCP (Current Covid Catering Protocols - read into my acronym as you will or won't - but I will make short term decisions on the current state of affairs. I've been to HNL 3 times this year, and without the wristband program, I'd hesitate taking DL or any other non-participant. I recently flew HA outbound and AS return, and had lovely crews serving me decent hot meals. On the one hand, I didn't have any lounge access in either direction. On the other hand, when I departed HNL (on AS) and saw the line to get out of the terminal - it went back to pretty much the end of the E gates, and getting through it to get to the AS gate was no easy feat. I have no doubt that the premium DL pax were delighted to wait in that line after 5+ hours of SkySnackboxService.
It’s ridiculous that DL doesn’t check Hawaii COVID docs and hand out the pre-clear wristbands to skip the arrival lines in Hawaii. Even WN hands out the Hawaii wristbands. I had to wait in a 1 hour line upon arrival when I went there. Would have used the new direct HA flight from MCO but I had a DL credit and some RUCs I needed to burn before they expired.
Aloha1 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Flew DTW-PHL-DTW 6/17-6/20, and had the same. FAs arranged the available snacks on a tray and were freely offering refills. On PHL-DTW the FA offered a third, but I declined. I tried the Canned Old Fashioned on the outbound, and it was ... okay. I love a good Old Fashioned, but on the return flight I returned to my old reliable Woodford rocks.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Approximately how far out did you receive the menu availability? I've got some flights later this month (SFO/JFK) and so far, nada. Where did it appear on the app?
You can check the current menu here: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/SFO-JFK/indexB.html (change the origin and destination for your D1 flight)
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ab2013
You can check the current menu here: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/SFO-JFK/indexB.html (change the origin and destination for your D1 flight)
Seems to only have menu on shorter "D1" flights. HNL-ATL, HNL-MSP, and vice versa, for example, just a file not found error.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It’s ridiculous that DL doesn’t check Hawaii COVID docs and hand out the pre-clear wristbands to skip the arrival lines in Hawaii. Even WN hands out the Hawaii wristbands. I had to wait in a 1 hour line upon arrival when I went there. Would have used the new direct HA flight from MCO but I had a DL credit and some RUCs I needed to burn before they expired.
didn't have much of a wait last time, maybe under 5 minutes (but it was in February). Sure hope it won't be that long next week
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Seems to only have menu on shorter "D1" flights. HNL-ATL, HNL-MSP, and vice versa, for example, just a file not found error.
Having reviewed the menu for my upcoming trip, I would have preferred a "file not found" error. Somewhere, someone in Purchasing has a relative with a Chia seed business. Based upon the breakfast options, I expect to see Chia Poop as one of the commercials this coming November/December (right before or after the Clapper commercials).
demkr and RealHJ like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:48 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Starting July 13th, the rest of the Hawaii flights from SEA, SLC, or LAX will start getting cold boxed meals.
That is so frustrating, hoping some semblance of hot meals would return on all Hawaii bound flights by now. Once I hit Diamond for the year, it’s back to AA/Alaska.
MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
That is so frustrating, hoping some semblance of hot meals would return on all Hawaii bound flights by now. Once I hit Diamond for the year, it’s back to AA/Alaska.
Don’t worry according to the DL propaganda marketing team, a cheap refrigerated half sandwich and cold oatmeal is somehow considered the new “premium.” This low resolution stock photo of the new FC “meal” sure looks “premium” to me. DL should be embarrassed to even think of offering something like this right now.

https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins
demkr, BamaGirl, RealHJ and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Don’t worry according to the DL propaganda marketing team, a cheap refrigerated half sandwich and cold oatmeal is somehow considered the new “premium.” This low resolution stock photo of the new FC “meal” sure looks “premium” to me. DL should be embarrassed to even think of offering something like this right now.

https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins
So, we need a coordinated effort to get everyone to write in and complain about COLD OATMEAL being served in FC. If I got this and wasn't told it was cold, I would be SO pissed. (I wouldn't order oatmeal to begin with but...)
demkr and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Don't switch to AA for the meals. We got a gross sandwich in a box on PHX-OGG last week (in F).
kyushuman and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:23 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't switch to AA for the meals. We got a gross sandwich in a box on PHX-OGG last week (in F).
You mean the Gruben?? This has been an interesting year, I was just hoping Delta would get some meal service going for Hawaii flights. I’m looking at Alaska, and crediting to AA. The photos of Alaska meal service looks decent.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a flight on Delta A339 from SEA to HNL tomorrow, but having an early flight and trying to grab Qdoba and carrying it to S gate gets old with carry ons.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got the same gross carb-bomb boxes for RDU - MSP in F a couple days ago (541pm departure).

Next flight in F supposedly guaranteed to have food is ATL - SAN - ATL in August in F so fingers crossed they actually bring back something real and healthy and get rid of these disgusting boxes. I don’t need the old sodium bomb F meals either to be happy — I would be perfectly content with the fairly healthy Luvo wraps they had for a while as BOB options in Y.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
So, we need a coordinated effort to get everyone to write in and complain about COLD OATMEAL being served in FC. If I got this and wasn't told it was cold, I would be SO pissed. (I wouldn't order oatmeal to begin with but...)
This actually already happened to me while flying in D1! Flew HNL-ATL and the pre-arrival breakfast meal only had one choice (Oatmeal) and it was presented like a normal meal served on a tray with bread and fruit, but the Oatmeal was served freezing cold! The oatmeal was absolutely terrible and had literally no taste whatsoever.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:23 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
We took our first flights since January 2020 -- not expecting much and got even less. This was all in first class (a bunch of extended RUCs to burn) on relatively short flights. MSN-MSP-MEM, MEM-ATL-MSN.

MSN-MSP: Skywest CRJ-900, shortest flight (< 40 minutes in air) and best service of the trip. Flight attendant handed out small water bottles once boarding was complete, took drink orders as soon as we were in the air, served the entire cabin with drinks and "snack tray" and even solicited refills. Also offered small water bottles as we were deplaning.

MSP-MEM (CRJ-900, Skywest) and MEM-ATL (A321, mainline): Roughly the same and pretty much matched expectations reading this thread. Snack tray, one drink service with small cans in the air, nothing particularly special.

ATL-MSN (717, mainline): Longest flight and worst service of the trip. After takeoff FAs went to serve the back (C+ was getting drinks and snacks about 10 minutes after takeoff). About 15 minutes after that it was declared too bumpy to serve, which lasted another 15 minutes or so, after which drink carts returned to the back. it was only about an hour into the flight when the first drink order was taken for first class, and the FA placed Cliff bars on everyone's seat divider drink tray (no choice of snack). We were honestly wondering by that time if F was ever going to be served even though economy was. FAs spent most of their time chatting in the galley.

Wife's comment: "The first flight was great, middle flights were comfort plus with a bigger seat, last one was flying Spirit."
Carfield and krazykanuck like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.