Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ab2013
Flew DTW-SEA in Comfort earlier this week and didn't see a snack basket get passed around. Only Clif Mini Bars and goldfish were available, no almonds or Biscoffs. Also only saw snack boxes get distributed up front. I thought that the snack baskets were brought back 2 weeks ago?
They aren't very specific in the press release about which flights are getting them. They could have just restored them on the BOS/JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX flights that are now getting meals in FC/D1 as of June 15th and other flights won't get them until July 13th.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:53 am

Re: ridiculous fares, thanks for the heads up. I've got an affinity group conference trip in August (in Tejas fwiw) for which I haven't booked air yet. (I usually grab a room first, then decide whether to go.)

Maybe the fares are why Delta just sent me a $100 eCredit based on my measly Silver Medallion status: We can’t thank you enough for choosing Delta to help you stay connected to who and what matters most. Travel is our love language, so we’ve added a $100 eCredit to your SkyMiles account just for being a valued Silver Medallion® Member.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by googs185
Does anyone know if the vegetarian options or other options in special meals are any good? Any experience with these? I don't really want chicken thigh or beef medallioin of lasagna. Crappy selection for JFK-MXP in D1. Seems more like a coach meal.

Also, will a lap infant get a meal?

Thanks
The lasagna should be vegetarian (but not vegan).
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConnieDee
Re: ridiculous fares, thanks for the heads up. I've got an affinity group conference trip in August (in Tejas fwiw) for which I haven't booked air yet. (I usually grab a room first, then decide whether to go.)

Maybe the fares are why Delta just sent me a $100 eCredit based on my measly Silver Medallion status: We can’t thank you enough for choosing Delta to help you stay connected to who and what matters most. Travel is our love language, so we’ve added a $100 eCredit to your SkyMiles account just for being a valued Silver Medallion® Member.
Think you posted this in the wrong thread -- 100 e-credit... Highly targeted?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM
Very cool pjs . Enjoy!
pjs likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:36 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying D1 7-4-7/7 JFK-LAS-JFK, I just received an email from DL noting safety concerns and the email also notes:
[Treat yourself to a taste of local favorites when you fly in Delta One, compliments of our side-by-side collaborations with culinary experts who serve up the best and freshest examples of their region’s cuisine.

NYC CULINARY PARTNERSOn flights from New York to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle enjoy cuisine created by chefs from Union Square Hospitality Group.]
My bolding, there is an associated picture--much nicer looking than the "gourmet" boxes they've been dumping on pax lately....I'll report what they really serve on 7/8
cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
I'm flying D1 7-4-7/7 JFK-LAS-JFK, I just received an email from DL noting safety concerns and the email also notes:
[Treat yourself to a taste of local favorites when you fly in Delta One, compliments of our side-by-side collaborations with culinary experts who serve up the best and freshest examples of their region’s cuisine.

[color=#081649]NYC CULINARY PARTNERSOn flights from New York to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle enjoy cuisine created by chefs from Union Square Hospitality Group.]
My bolding, there is an associated picture--much nicer looking than the "gourmet" boxes they've been dumping on pax lately....I'll report what they really serve on 7/8
I'd be a bit worried about the safety concerns part of the email, what exactly are they concerned about?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:20 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
I'd be a bit worried about the safety concerns part of the email, what exactly are they concerned about?
It's the same "stuff" they've been noting for the last several months: distribution of sanitary wipes, planes being cleaned (extra). wearing masks (except while eating/drinking), BUT "upscale" dining in D1 between NYC and LAS is what caught my eye.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
It's the same "stuff" they've been noting for the last several months: distribution of sanitary wipes, planes being cleaned (extra). wearing masks (except while eating/drinking), BUT "upscale" dining in D1 between NYC and LAS is what caught my eye.
Ohhh, when I read safety concerns I was thinking actually concerns like with the aircraft or the security of the flight or something of that nature. Never mind, that makes more sense.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nrr
To have 'upscale" dining, don''t you need to have had a scale in the first place? I guess I'll find out later this month with my first COVID-era domestic D1 transcon!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Flew dtw to las yesterday

catering really messed up

they didn’t have enough snack boxes for first

I asked for a screwdriver and she came back to tell me she didn’t have any orange juice.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Jul 2, 2021 at 10:42 am
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

I asked for a screwdriver and she came back to tell me she didn’t have ant orange juice
Typo of the day - Frontier, or perhaps Spirit bought up all the ant orange juice!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Typo of the day - Frontier, or perhaps Spirit bought up all the ant orange juice!
lol. Changed it. I hate typing on a tablet keyboard lol
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:51 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

I asked for a screwdriver and she came back to tell me she didn’t have any orange juice.
What does orange juice have to do with this, aren't most screws on planes phillips?
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by nrr
What does orange juice have to do with this, aren't most screws on planes phillips?
Careful there! If you ask for a Phillips cocktail, you may receive milk of magnesia.
strickerj and sarahnf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.